1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

What shows deserve the same treatment as Clerks the Animated Series?

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by Calhoun07, May 4, 2001.

1. Calhoun07

Calhoun07 It's Me

Clerks wasn't treated very well on network TV, as we all know, but the DVD set of the episodes was an animated fans treat. I was wondering how many of you would like to see other shows that were unfairly cancelled released on DVD, with not only bonus features but also unaired episodes?

Of course, I am thinking strickly animation here. My pick would be Mission Hill, an animated series that never recieved it's due. I enjoy the Oblongs, but I felt Mission Hill had more going for it, and the character development they were setting up in the series show alot of promise. WB obviously cancelled it way too early (side question....how can they expect any new animated series survive against X Files? They don't give their animated shows a fair chance.) but to make matters worse, they cancelled it unexpectedly after part one of a two part episode aired, leaving us never able to see part two! I feel a DVD release of this series could bring the much deserved attention to this show, as well allow its fans to see the unaired part two and other unaired episodes.

2. RockItShipper

RockItShipper Master of Flying Guillotine

I think Gargoyles- especially with the material presented at conventions- should be on DVD.

3. The Mad Hatter

The Mad Hatter Whyyyyy'sis heead so biiiiiig?

Gargoyles, hear hear! I'd also like to see a DVD of the Kricfalusi Ren and Stimpy episodes, but I doubt that'll ever happen (rassa frackin' Nick...)

4. Domino

Domino Active Member

I am all for Gargoyles! I would also like to see the original run of Jonny Quest, Space Ghost, the Herculoids, the Filmation DC cartoons of the 60s, The Fantastic Four...okay, I would just like the weekly output of Cartoon Network's Boomerang channel all put on DVD!

5. Clayface

Clayface Molecularly Malleable Mod

Yeah, definitely Gargoyles! They should bring the writers/creators back to do a new third season that ignores the Goliath Chronicles, and lets them continue the story in the way they wanted to.

6. RockItShipper

RockItShipper Master of Flying Guillotine

I once saw stuff on ff.net that continued Gargoyles like that- ignoring the ABC season.

And I'm almost afraid to watch 02's future scene(just picked up the last 2 eps of this season and the first 4 of season 3)- it's horribly OOC... I wish that it would be redone. Or cut out altogether. It's pure crap crap crap.

7. Vigo Sprax

Vigo Sprax Member

I'd like to see Dilbert on DVD, I think that lasted for 2 seasons (I missed the second due to moving where theres no UPN :( )

8. Calhoun07

Calhoun07 It's Me

To make it frustrating...

It is available in Region two on DVD, so that only helps you if you have a region free DVD player. It would be nice to see here too. Kinda drives me nuts when TV shows get great DVD releases in other countries but nothing or cut up "best of" or themed packaging here.

9. don Jaime

don Jaime Active Member

LT deserves a "Complete DVD" series. "Freakazoid!" has some unused material floating around, I think.

The Mighty Heroes get a lot of respect and are nigh impossible to find. Likewise the Bakshi/Kricfalusi attempt on "Mighty Mouse."