1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

What Makes You Angry?

Discussion in 'Cafe toonzone' started by I.R. Shokew, May 29, 2016.

1. I.R. Shokew

I.R. Shokew DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs

I think we could use a thread like this - I can think of a lot of things, but I'd like to hear from you guys first.

2. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Dwarf-in-a-flask

I don't care much for unlocking systems in games that rely on random chance to determine what you get, especially when they are clearly a scheme to convince players to spend money to buy more chances.

3. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

I really get bugged whenever its hot period, it really sticks to my attitude as well.

4. I.R. Shokew

Yeah, I've been running into a lot of people like this in real life who think themselves 'critics' and the like:
    - People telling me what to like and/or hate.
    - People getting annoyed by me hating stuff they like.
    - People giving me crap for liking stuff they hate.

And that's just for starters.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. dothesmartthing

dothesmartthing Me too.

Seeing people twiddling with their smartphones in the public. Waiting in lines, walking on sidewalks, even while driving. I can admit smartphones are fun, but please pay attention!

• Agree Agree x 4
  6. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

This is something that really irritates me a lot whenever people try to boast, mainly because they go above and beyond just to make themselves look superior.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Action!

Action! Active Member

When people make fun of me and makes me cry.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. BagelBaygel

BagelBaygel New Member

When people interrupt me when I'm trying to talk.

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

i think that whenever people keep telling me to have a sense of humor while really I don't, and playing with words, and not being very honest with each other, and doing some random dumb jokes on toonzone.

And also Nick@Nite running on autopilot for those shows

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Jean74

Jean74 Ready for Halloween

Mean people, Rudeness, People that do not clean up after themselves, Racists, Being Talked Down Too. So many! Better stop right there!

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Well-Known Member

I get frustrated because I feel that nobody appreciates what I have to say. I feel like next to no one I knew in real life is into the kind of stuff I'm into.
    I'm okay with people playing with phones in lines because you're not moving and it passes the time. But seriously nobody needs to be watching Netfix while walking. If you need to check your phone, step to the side.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

Also another thing makes me upset, is why does every member of toonzone has to be for guys? some people call me guy or him or dude. why can't it be women too? i do

13. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Well-Known Member

I really do not appreciate foul language. It seems like whenever I mention this both in real life or on message boards, somebody is bound to argue that I'm being ridiculous because people who swear a lot exist in the real world. I never understood that argument. People who spit their gum out on the floor exist in the real world. Am I supposed to be cool with that too? Just because people do it, doesn't mean I need to be a fan of it.

(Just for the record I don't mind the kind of stuff you are going to hear on shows like Big Bang Theory or Modern Family. It's just when people are cussing off, dropping f-bombs, and calling people foul names do I have a problem. I find it very off-putting when people talk like this indiscriminately with anybody. I know teens think they're being cool, but I honestly believe once a person reaches age 25 or so, they should realize that not everyone they run into is going to want to listen to a gutter mouth. If people want to talk like that around the house with their family and friends that don't mind it, I don't care, that's their own business, but I honestly wonder how people (especially adults) who talk like this by habit control their mouths in professional situations.)

14. I.R. Shokew

I didn't know you were female (like @Dr. Pepper is, as well - don't worry, I just looked at the profile.). I'm sorry that bugs you so - because that can be pretty annoying to put up with.

15. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

In general I hate arguing with others, I always go back and forward just whining or vice versa it really gets tiring that at the end nothing would of been better than something to have been done.

16. Freav

Freav BeakFreav

It's a much more irrational hatred than anything here, but whenever I see somebody type the ":v" face, I feel like punching someone.
    I think it's mostly because I relate it with stupid mysogynist/racists "joke" comments in facebook. It's probably a biggest phenomenon in south america than anywhere else.

I guess I tend to be pretty bitter about how sexist the "geek/meme" culture is, and I'm not a sjw or. anything but seriously.

• Like Like x 1
  17. 2-D chirox

2-D chirox Active Member

I think I'd have to say the nostalgia culture that is still around for some reason. For one thing I've seen how bad it's become. It's gotten to the point where people are honestly nostalgic for blue paper towels (and I have no idea if those people were trolling). I also hate how a lot of people seem to think that when a certain movie or TV show is released in a certain decade then only people growing up in that decade will have seen it. No that's not how it works at all. Parents will often show their kids things they grew up with (same for other family members). Whilst TV shows tend to have less of a chance of crossing generations they still do. For example I liked the TMNT 2003 series. As a result of this I bought other related stuff including VHS copies of the 80s version. And I don't think I'm an exception. For example I remember seeing DVDs of the cartoon version of Alvin and the chipmunks after the live-action version had been released.

And then there's the concept of superiority that I see forming in this subculture. They seem to believe that everything they grew up with is amazing on virtue of the the fact they grew up with it. As if they're so amazing and enlightened human beings because they happen to be older then 6 year olds. Listen everyone and I mean everyone will have enjoyed crap as a kid. Even if you don't want to admit it we all did. And I don't see how focusing solely on the positives of childhood makes it any better or makes you a better person for it.

And it's not like I have a thing against people having nostalgia for things. But when it gets to the point where they distort reality you really have to wonder what the internet has done to people.

• Like Like x 2
  18. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

I have another thing, in any proboards forum, I hate the way when I wanted to ask question by sending a message to a user, when user knows this question but doesn't respond. Not only did they not respond, but he or she deletes my message even without reading it. I hate the fact that my message gets ignored and deleted without even reading it

I also don't like the way when I want to post something which is surprising and yet nobody appreciates it.

19. Freav

Freav BeakFreav

Getting angry about dumb things makes me angry, pretty retroactive you might say.
    Also my computer acting like a stupid idiot and crashing (it's about 6 years old so it's reasonable it gets like that but still)
    I'm quite pissy today, come to think of it, vacation might put me like that, I have less important things to care about. It's pretty sad when you actually think about it.

20. Gatomon41

Gatomon41 Free Equestrian Forces

Messing around with established characters to pander to a demographic. It's manipulative and exploitive, and it has more than ruin a franchise for me.