What is your alltime favorite Spiderman show?

Discussion in 'The Marvel Animation Forum' started by GratoNite, May 25, 2017.

?

What is your All-Time favorite Spider-man Show?

1. The Amazing Spider Man (1967)

5.0%
  2. Spider Man (1980)

5.0%
  3. Spider Man and His Amazing Friends (1981)

10.0%
  4. Spiderman The Animated Series (1994)

30.0%
  5. Spider Man Unlimited (1999)

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  6. Spiderman The New Animated Series (2003)

5.0%
  7. The Spectacular Spiderman (2008)

40.0%
  8. Ultimate Spiderman (2012)

5.0%
  1. RoyalRubble

RoyalRubble Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

MOD NOTE: Some posts were either deleted or edited because of personal attacks. While you may disagree with others' opinions, remember to keep things civilized. No more calling others out because you find it insulting they don't like the same shows as you. As long as one can express their views in a tasteful manner, which doesn't hurt anyone or anything, there's no reason to be insulted by any of this. If you have a problem with someone's post, just report it. Moderators will deal with it and infractions will be issued, if necessary.

2. AdrenalineRush1996

AdrenalineRush1996 Active Member

That being said, I respect both of your opinions.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

3. SweetShop209

SweetShop209 Well-Known Member

A touch choice to be sure. I mean, the cartoons from the 1960s-1980s are fun to watch, but not that strong in storytelling from what I remember. Spiderman The Animated Series is a well written show, but it has shown some of its age and some noticeable narm. I barely remember anything from the 1999 and 2003 cartoons, which is probably partly why they were screwed over by their respective networks. I do think Spectacular Spiderman is the most consistently solid, but it was cancelled before allowing itself to really shine. Ultimate Spiderman, for all its flaws, is at least interesting by premise, and got better as it went on. As for the current 2017 cartoon, I find it like an interesting mix of Spectacular Spiderman and Miles From Tomorrowland, which also makes it interesting. I'd probably go for all 3 cartoons from 2008 onward.

4. Miyamoto Musashi

Miyamoto Musashi Law Enforcer

I have three favorites: Spectacular, and the 80s cartoons. Out of pity I opted to vote for the mostly unrecognized solo Spider-Man cartoon.

Spectacular is easily the biggest mover of emotions of the three, thanks to the way it was tightly written and the care for continuity.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I've only seen three of these series, which are the 90's Spider-Man series, Spectacular Spider-Man and Ultimate Spider-Man. Out of the three, Spectacular wins by a landslide. I didn't watch it for the longest time, but when I did, I loved it. It had great writing, good characters and was engaging from start to finish. I heard the hype around it for years and it's one of the few shows that I think did live up to the hype. It's still such a shame that it only got two seasons. I wish it was able to go on longer.

I only vaguely remember watching the 90's Spider-Man series, so I can't really talk about that. I have seen a pretty decent amount of Ultimate Spider-Man and I thought that it was fine. It didn't blow me away usually, but it didn't really turn me off either. There were weird decisions with the writing and the fourth wall breaking could get a bit old, but it was usually pretty entertaining and there were some surprisingly nice character moments from time to time. I didn't quite understand some of the more negative reactions towards the series, but it might help that I didn't see much of the first season and I'm more of a casual watcher of the Marvel animated series too. Still, it was generally fine.