1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

What if Warner Brothers had the rights to the whole Filmation Library?

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by JaredCap43™, Aug 27, 2017.

1. JaredCap43™

JaredCap43™ Cringey Network

I was wondering what it would be like if WB had the rights to the whole Filmation Library (and not just the stuff relating to their own properties like Tom & Jerry and the Superfriends) instead of Hallmark or NBC-Universal.

2. Daffyrocks

Daffyrocks Woo-hoo-hooo!

If that was the case, then the Filmation material would have been seen on CN and Boomerang everywhere, and they would be as popular as the H-B classics.

Plus we could have seen them on the Boomerang Streaming Service

3. AnotherRandomGuy

AnotherRandomGuy The cat's in the cradle

I wouldn't go that far. I don't think there's a universe where The Groovy Ghoulies is as popular as Scooby Doo.

Anyway to answer the questioned posed by the thread, I don't think anything would change outside of some minor cameos on some CN promos,and Star Trek TAS likely not getting a proper physical release.

4. brickrrb2

brickrrb2 Active Member

Well that would if they made a new He-man show I'm fairly Certain CN would run it into the ground like they did Thundercats

5. Daffyrocks

Daffyrocks Woo-hoo-hooo!

Well probably not this particular show, but others like The Archies most porbably will. After all, not all H-B shows are that well-known anyway. But there has to be some big hits made by Filmation, and Turner would have known very well how to treat them. And of course that characters will be featured in promos and bumpers, that's really no exception! I am imagining now how the Powerhouse WBRB/BTTS bumpers for The Archie Show would look like. :)

Plus, CN and Boomerang most probably would have just loved to air the Archie song "Sugar Sugar" during commercial breaks :D

6. Nexonius

Nexonius Ten, count em', ten years!

No, Warner Bros. has a already humongous (and growing) library as it is. No need to give them any more shows. Let NBCUniversal (on behalf of DreamWorks Animation's Classic Media) hold the shows they own.

Star Trek: TAS isn't even owned by Filmation, as it's a CBS/Paramount property.