1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

What if South Park's voice acting was done by Actual VAs?

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by WebMasterSage, Aug 29, 2017.

1. WebMasterSage

WebMasterSage Obey the Pecking Order.

I'll be fickle about this, Trey & Matt are Amazing as their characters, but a friend of mine wishes that 50% of the voice acting was done by More Voice Actors. I mean April Stewart, Eilza Schnider, Mona Marshall & the Late Mary Kay Bergman are Actual Voice Actors, but What I mean is if Trey & Matt's Roles were done by the actual VA instead.

In a Diffrent World, This is what I would Choose & yes, they can still use the Pitch Shifting for the Boys.

Grey Griffin - Stan Marsh, Bradley Biggle, Ms. Choksondik
    Tara Strong - Kyle Broflovski, Scott Malkinson, Kevin Stoley
    Jennifer Hale - Eric Cartman, Kenny McKormick, Pip Pirrup
    Dee Bradley Baker - Butters Stotch, Timmy Burch, Gerald Broflovski, Jimmy Vulmer, Big Gay Al
    Nolan North - Clyde Donovan, PC Principal, Phillip, Stephen Stotch, Dr. Alphonse Mephesto, Jesus, Saddam Hussein, DogPoo Petuski
    Steven Blum - Craig Tucker, Stuart McCormick, Ned Gerblanski, Tuong Lu Kim
    Jeff Bennett - Tweek Tweak, Randy Marsh, Officer Barbrady, Terrance, Dr. Gouache, Father Maxi, Grandpa Marvin Marsh
    Jim Cummings - Mr. Garrison, Mr. Mackey, Jimbo Kern, Satan, Jason
    Sean Schemmell - Sergeant Harrison Yates
    Charlie Adler - Mr. Adler, Bill Allen, Fosse McDonald

That's my 2 cents for now. I can't help it but it would be hilarious if it did happen.

#1 WebMasterSage, Aug 29, 2017
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2017
  2. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

In this different world I would assume production would be a lot more longer than 7 days as well.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. JTOONSAnimation

JTOONSAnimation Active Member

Yeah, one of the reasons for South Park's quick process is that everyone who works on the show is there and they don't need to have anyone come in unless its a guest star.

And Trey Parker writes every episode, so he can easily know what to say and even ad-lib if he wanted to.

4. Gear3dGryph0n

Gear3dGryph0n Active Member

It just wouldn't be the same. There's a certain feel to it having Trey and Matt do most of the voices that goes with the simple animation style that's a bit hard for me to explain. Trey and Matt know the style of the show better than anyone and having them voice most of the characters feels appropriate for the show's crude, minimal style.

Given that South Park not only started as web shorts, but did so long before Internet video was widespread, having the creators voice the characters was pretty much necessary. I believe that keeping them rather than subbing in professional VAs really kept that whole feel intact.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. JoeMabbon

JoeMabbon Dwarf-in-a-flask

It would be like if Homestar Runner was remade with a professional VA cast, strange and lacking the charm that made the original work novel.