1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

What idea for a cartoon do you have?

Discussion in 'The Drawing Board' started by TheMisterManGuy, Jan 12, 2015.

1. TheMisterManGuy

TheMisterManGuy Active Member

If you were an animator, what Idea would you have for your own cartoon? I won't go into too much detail, but mine is about a post apocalyptic town with and an underground corporation who engineers monsters and bioweapons. One day, 6 kids find cybernetic keys that they use to pilot 6 animal themed mechs that can combine into a giant robot. When they aren't involved in Tokkatsu style robot battles, the kids create a sort of club to secretly protect their town this underground corporation, by dressing like 70s anime super heroes, solving mysteries, and sneaking around like Ninjas.

Think of it as Teen Titans, meets Metal Gear Solid, meets Power Rangers, meets Friendship is magic, meets Scooby-Doo.

2. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I have several but I'm thinking of just making comics based off my ideas instead. It's much easier.

3. Neo Yi

Neo Yi The Apparition
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

This sounds like a thread best suited for The Drawing Board, so I'm going to move the discussion there.

4. SaneMan

SaneMan Well-Known Member

I do have this idea about a lady adventurer in an alternate timeline world, based around Victorian era and 1920s pulp novels
    Dealing with various things ranging from crime rings, to cults, the undead, mutants, demons, aliens, and dinosaurs among other things

so far I tried to tackle it in written form

the first one is mostly just a writing test, it it she investigates the disappearances of missionaries and tribesmen in the amazons
    the second one is the first half of a two-parter, where she teams-up with a Mexican vigilante to hunt down a gang of slave traders (the second half will have to follow the trail of the slave traders to London, where she'll team-up with a British secret agent)

5. Silverstar

Silverstar Rock the Dragon

As most of you guys know, Goldstar and I collaborate on most of our ideas. Right now we have a few concepts, premises and settings that we'd like to make into shows, but the main idea we're nurturing right now is about a pair of prepubescent twin super-geniuses who play around with super-science.

At first I thought I was going to try to bring my ideas to television, but now I'm thinking I'll more likely try a webtoon series or a series of books.

6. Gatordragon

Gatordragon Everybody scream! This is Halloween!

I thought up a few story ideas that can also be used as webcomics. I haven't thought of any titles for them, so I'll list them by number. I've also drawn most of my main characters, so I might post my drawings here when I finish them up.

1. This is a fantasy story about a jester and a bard who become bounty hunters because they didn't make enough money street performing. The jester, who I named Risa, uses magic that gives her toon physics in a world that doesn't have toon physics. The bard, who I have not yet named, is short, but can play magical songs with his lute. They're close friends, but don't expect any romance between them. I envision this story as a comedic action-adventure. The inspiration mostly came from the game, Gauntlet: Dark Legacy.

2. This one is a Lovecraftian mystery story set in 1960s Florida that focuses on a detective named Warren. Warren is investigating the disappearance of his brother, who was last seen in an old swamp town. Little does he know that investigation will lead to something big. Warren starts off with a revolver and a knife for defense, but during his journeys, Warren will learn eldritch magic that give useful abilities at the cost of draining his sanity. With the magic and his wits, who knows what horrors await Warren? I got the idea for this after playing games like Don't Starve and Eldritch.

I have a few other story ideas, but they're not as developed as the above. These include a story about a marionette, a story about a runaway, and a story that takes place in the same universe as story #1, but with a different character.