1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

What happens if a reboot of Beast King GoLion (Voltron's source material) is made?

Discussion in 'The Anime Forum' started by thomas2313412, Aug 24, 2017.

1. thomas2313412

thomas2313412 Active Member

Since the Netflix animated series Voltron: Legendary Defender is kinda popular (which to honestly tell you the truth,I don't watch it which I will explain the reason why,later.) I am going to talk about it's predecessor Voltron: Defender of the Universe from the 80s .

You see Voltron: Defender of the Universe is just a 'repackage dub plot altered series' of the real series made from japan and that is Beast King GoLion or The King of Hundred Beasts GoLion (百獣王ゴライオン) ,I didn't watch the series because I prefer subbed anime with original language though I think I watched some of it when I was 5.

Anyway since Voltron: Legendary Defender gain popularity ,I was thinking maybe its source material anime Beast King GoLion should get a similar reboot treatment but made in Japan and this time made by the makers of the original anime TOEI animation with a help with another animation studio to make the series better.

The reboot will be faithful to the original but will be aimed for pre teen audience or teenagers and will be a mixed tone of Light and Dark .

And the characters of the reboot anime will be based on source material not the VOLTRON one from america like the reboot version of Akira 'Chief' Kogane not his voltron counterpart.

Plus a remix of a original Golion theme or a different one

Anyway the series will be co-produced by both TOEI and some other anime studio and will try to pay homage to the source material in a different anime style or maybe do a similar thing to what TOEI did to revive TIGER MASK with TIGER MASK W

What do you think?

2. Egon1982

Egon1982 Member

Be quite interesting and i'm enjoying the new reboot of the old classic show

3. JaredCap43™

JaredCap43™ Cringey Network

I hope it won't be like Cringey Titans Stop with it's cringey jokes and unfunny gags about "WAFFLES!".

4. LDEJRuff

LDEJRuff Wish-making dog lover

If a reboot were to happen, they'd go retro with a recreation of the original Golion logo, like the one I did, and place the Hiragana on top of "百獣王" and the English translated letters below "ゴライオン".

[​IMG]

5. Zeether

Zeether Victory!

GoLion isn't that big in Japan, so this wouldn't happen. Even the series that became Vehicle Voltron (Dairugger) seems to be basically forgotten.