What Do You Play?

Discussion in 'The Musiquarium' started by The Cartoon, Feb 26, 2011.

1. carizza

carizza Member

When I was 6 mum enrolled me in a piano lesson. I'm still playing it though I'm pretty much hooked in ukelele.

2. Tenma975

Tenma975 Active Member

I used to play the viola. I quit the orchestra to focus on my studies.

3. cognitofalcon

cognitofalcon G'night evry' body!!

Wow, a musical instruments thread.

My main instrument is violin, which I have been playing for almost six years. I play an Ivan Dunov superior model, great sound and tone. I play mandolin, a good, but inexpensive Yamaha I think. Piano, harmonica,. My second favorite instrument is baritone, which I play in band.

4. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Well-Known Member

I used to play the cello from the 5th through 9th grades. I quit because I lost interest in it.

5. Michael24

Michael24 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

When I was in 4th grade, I think, I played clarinet.

In 2002 I took an introductory class to piano at the community college. I took to it surprisingly well, especially learning how to read music, and was planning to continue with the next course in the Fall, but never got around to it and have since forgotten a lot. :(

But I have a keyboard that I continue to fiddle around with, and have even recorded a handful of scores for my short films and for those of a friend.

6. Bugzz

Bugzz Member

i used to play piano... but now im a bit sick of it:sad:

7. gohstphantomhive

gohstphantomhive 99% synchronization level

I played flute for 6 years now and last year I was in wind ensemble, but you have to Audition every year to get in it( it's really hard and you have to do it over the computer which I find stupid) or else you get put into regular band , which means I would have to miss classes for lessons( which I really can't do)
    so, instead I'm taking music theory and digital art instead next year. I notice a lot of people have stopped playing, ( me) which kind of sucks since music is dying out in schools.

8. Destiny of Awe

Destiny of Awe Should update a lot of things

I can play a little flute, and I can play about 2 songs on piano, but my true instrument is....the recorder.

9. Damien

Damien Watching

I sing very well. I also make dance and electronic music using a keyboard, though I can't actually "play" per se.

10. copper20

copper20 Member

Well I played a tuba in 7th-8th grade.

I have a PSR-E303 in my house, but I don't use it much.

11. candysimon2012

candysimon2012 New Member

I play the piano (since I was 11, but rarely practiced) and the harmonica (just lately, because a neighbor was interested in teaching me how). It has been a while since I play the good ol' piano, but I am just having so much fun with the harmonica!

12. deserteagle

deserteagle New Member

Tried to learn guitar...

Then tried to learn keyboard. Found both very hard to learn, but I'd like to pick up the keyboard again soon.

13. Freav

Freav BeakFreav

I'm a guitar player and I also kinda play uke. Not great at any, but decent enough.
    Hope to learn more string instruments in the future.
    I do write music sometimes tho, kinda. I find myself better at that than actual playing sometimes.

14. Harmonie

Harmonie Foreverrrrr!

Four years later update: I play the oboe in addition to bassoon, now! Or at least I'm now learning it (through lessons).

I also have quite an assortment of brass and woodwind instruments of my own, now. I love them all.

15. Freav

Freav BeakFreav

I got a bass for christmas and I kinda know how to play it.

16. The Great Gazoo

The Great Gazoo Hello Dumb Dumbs

From the 4th Grade through the 12th grade I played the Flute. Since then and I have been in college for 2 years I have not picked the Flute up again.

17. Duckfan

Duckfan Member

I play the piano, some electric bass and know how to strum basic chords on guitar (C'mon you don't have to learn that, you just do it)

18. avastye

avastye New Member

Anyone ever bought a digital drum kit? I would love to own one. All the fun without the noise!

19. jaylop97

jaylop97 Well-Known Member

I am starting to use my brother's guitar he gave to me a couple of weeks ago, haven't learn much in the way of playing but I am trying to comprehend his notes he was taught in his guitar class.

20. copper20

copper20 Member

I'm likely going to consider playing a concert snare drum in about 10 years - it's pretty simplistic to play but I don't want anyone demanding me to play some crazy marching music on it. Mainly something like Zelda's Lullaby from Ocarina of Time or maybe even Imperial March from Star Wars. Could also pick up triangle and tambourine for country music. I used to play tuba as I mentioned a few years ago, that's one fun instrument to play. Pretty much it's all I can play, mainly rhythm instruments. Seems to be pretty common with autistic people like me. I refused to play percussion though in school since it would be redundant and well that's basically all I was allowed to play in music class back in elementary school - unless it was a drum then forget it. My brother was a percussionist mainly xylophone and he quit quick.

Everyone around me seems to play guitar. That's something I could never do well at.

#40 copper20, Dec 5, 2016
    Last edited: Dec 5, 2016