1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

What do you honestly think about CN's live-action shows?

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by JTOONSAnimation, Jul 9, 2017.

1. JTOONSAnimation

JTOONSAnimation Active Member

I mean yeah, it was weird having live-action shows air on Cartoon Network, but it wasn't the first network to change its shift in programming

Examples:
    1. Disney Channel changing from airing Disney content to just becoming a teen network
    2. Nicktoons adding more live-action to its lineup.
    3. MTV changing from a music network to a mix of reality/drama/etc.

The only thing I hear people say about the live-action programming is that it shouldn't have aired on Cartoon Network in the first place, but what do you actually think of the various live-action shows besides the fact that they're live-action?

LIVE-ACTION SHOWS I FOUND DECENT:
    1. Incredible Crew: I thought the concept of the show was unique
    2. Hole in the Wall: I watched it when it was on Fox, and was actually thrilled to hear it was coming back.

2. jaylop97

jaylop97 Commonly found at Night

They all felt pretty gimmicky, other than Unnatural History, Tower Prep, and Level Up the rest felt repetitive, even still the former didn't really feel at home either.

3. EdCNPowerpuffDrama

EdCNPowerpuffDrama Active Member

In my country we got Out of Jimmy's Head, Level Up and other live action shows that didn't air in America. We didn't get any of the CN Real shows.

I don't remember a single episode of Out of Jimmy's Head. Even as a kid, I was just waiting for it to finish already so I can watch The Powerpuff Girls.

Level Up was okay. Didn't watch the movie though. I've seen some season 1 episodes, and I thought they were okay and liked the main characters.

4. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

I still don't think the live action fit on Cartoon Network, though that didn't stop me from checking any out. I liked Out of Jimmy's Head when I was a kid. It doesn't hold up now, but I actually think it fit on CN since it also had animation. Other than that, the only shows I remember watching regularly were Dude, What Would Happen, Destroy Build Destroy, and BrainRush (I actually forgot about that show until just now when I double checked to see what they had, though that could be because it apparently only lasted 6 episodes). I haven't seen them since they went off the air, so I don't know how I'd feel about them now. I watched a few episodes of Bobb'e Says and a couple episodes of Survive This (which was apparently an acquisition, something I honestly didn't know until now), but I didn't pay much attention to them and don't remember much about them. I never saw the rest, so I can't comment on them.

5. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

Incredible Crew was that show with Solar System Wolf. That was insanely bad.

6. I.R. Shokew

I.R. Shokew DISGRACED and Rooting ONLY for Underdogs

I could see Unnatural History and Tower Prep being popular in Canada (e.g.: on a channel from there!), but that's it. They had no place on CN - nothing live action ever had a place on CN, even if it turned out good. It just felt out of place and reeked of laziness and disrespect - which is especially true of most of their live - action fare in general (lazy, half-hearted, dumb, and pointless - save for two shows that would have shined elsewhere.).

7. Checkerboard

Checkerboard THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS

A few of them would be okay on a different network. Just not on the Cartoon Network.

8. NeoplanDan

NeoplanDan Musical ZF

Well to be honest, to what I have to say about CN Real series as a whole, I personally find it pretty desperate to par with other live action series that NIck and Disney had in a long term, it's not the saying that the ones that CN has were terrible or subpar to any type, even though never actually bother to sit back and see it in my own experience, but they just didn't fit well of the title that the network had put into place, if they hadn't named the title which meant for just only cartoon, the network would've created a mix much like those two said examples.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Well-Known Member

Honestly I never really saw any of them. They came on when I started to watch less CN. I never had a problem with Out of Jimmy's Head. It was a horrible show but it didn't really feel out of place.