1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

What did you dream about last night? (Spoilers?)

Discussion in 'Cafe toonzone' started by Tenku, May 16, 2007.

1. PC!

PC! lolwut?

Had a dream the other night that my "work shift from hell" was ending...then woke up to discover that it was only an hour away from beginning. -_-

2. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I had a pretty weird dream last night. In the dream, I was really worried about getting to my college in time to take a final. I was quite stressed out and my house was full of dogs for some reason. My Dad was going to drive me in a school bus for some reason and my Mom was chasing after him to give him a jacket. I remember the bus turning towards a mountain road before I started to remember that I finished all of my finals, which were all papers and a take home final exercise, last week and that I already went through my commencement ceremony last Saturday. I tend to get dreams like this after finishing my finals, but I'm kind of surprised I had one so soon after my commencement ceremony.

3. bobbybop

bobbybop Member

I had a dream that i was at Subway and they had two new cupcakes out one called fire and one called ice and i ordered the fire cupcake and it was full of chilli's

4. Spideyzilla

Spideyzilla Well-Known Member

...What kind of midnight snack did you have?

5. cognitofalcon

cognitofalcon G'night evry' body!!

Chilli's what? =P

6. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I had a weird dream last night. In the dream, I saw my dogs' paws reaching up from the ground, even though neither one of them were buried after they passed on. I pulled them up and they were fine. They were happy to see me. Despite how creepy that sounds, I was so happy to see them too. I was hugging them and dusting the dirt off of their fur. They were also still alive after being under the ground. My Dad's cell phone was in the ground too for some reason. It has pictures of both of my dogs in that phone, but it was covered up by mud and bugs. This was probably the result of seeing a bit of Homeward Bound before going to sleep. Just the scene where they leave the pets on the farm was too sad to see and made it a bit harder for me to get to sleep.

7. DuckTwacy

DuckTwacy French phone.

Okay, so I had this dream last night where I met Weird Al. I don't remember where I was, or why I was meeting Weird Al, but I did. If I remember correctly, he seemed like a decent guy, and, for some reason, I asked him to sign my Hawaiian shirt (I was wearing a Hawaiian shirt yesterday). But Al refused to, and instead decided to give me an autograph that he had already written on a napkin, which for some reason he had a whole supply of (I mean a whole supply of napkins signed by him). So, I did. And that was the end of the Weird Al portion of my dream.

Weird Al does wear a lot of Hawaiian shirts, right? Perhaps that's why I asked him to sign mine.

8. The Huntsman

The Huntsman Friend of Toon Zone

I miss being a kid. Nightmares back then were simple, all involving something that is commonly scary. Sure, I'd have to scream myself awake - I still recall the odd feeling that, even though I knew it was a nightmare, I found myself unable to scream. But ever since I've become an adult, I don't get those nightmares anymore - I can't even remember the last time I had to scream myself awake. I guess that's natural, but I'd prefer dealing with zombies and the sort than watching my family members die. Last month, I had one where my father got hit by a car. Last night, I had one where he got stabbed with a hypodermic needle and kept saying that he was going to die. My brother pulled it out and I kept calling 911, only to get elevator music. Granted, he didn't die in the dream. He said he felt fine and just starting browsing the web on a computer, but it didn't make me feel any better when I woke up. Those aren't the sorts of dreams, nightmare or not, that I like to have.

It's... discomforting, to say the least. What sorts of nightmares do you all have?

9. bobbybop

bobbybop Member

I am going to keep a dream journal in this thread so i will edit and post on the days when i remember what dreams i had. I had two dreams last night
    December 27th
    Dream 1
    The first dream i had was scary. I had this toy that was saying things that only i could hear and the toy was saying creepy things so i kept trying to get rid of it but it came back as another toy.
    Dream 2
    The second dream was more pleasant. I was on a tour about the tudors and we had to answer questions about the tudors.

10. Getouttamylab!

Getouttamylab! Was a coiled up attack snake before it was cool

I did not have a very memorable dream last night, but the other night I had a very strange dream that seemed like a sequel or a fanfic of "The Emperor's New Groove" got crazy. Details are spotty, but I do remember it involved a typical "big bad wants revenge on good guys" plot, but it felt like the person who wrote it was buzzed off of marker fumes or something. First things were exploding, then I walked out of my house to find a giant traffic chopper from the local news with a huge painting of Spongebob Squarepants on it flying around. Then people drank potions and turned into all sorts of random crap. Then Yzma (TENG's bad gal) said she planned on turning everything into ponies and turned her henchman (it wasn't Kronk as he turned good, but rather an unimportant person who appeared at the beginning of the movie) into an evil pig. The pig ran out into the 43rd Annual Run Around In Your Underwear Festival looking for something. (Not a pretty sight.) As he ran down some stairs, he passed the main characters of Recess, who made some rather odd observations on what they saw.

T.J.: Hey, that kid just ran down the stairs two at a time!
    Gus: That can only mean one thing...
    T.J.: It's Mrs Finster! Come on! Let's follow him!

As they gave chase, I rather abruptly woke up, which is a shame because I wanted to see what would happen next. Arrrgh....

11. Getouttamylab!

Getouttamylab! Was a coiled up attack snake before it was cool

Apparently, no one has notable dreams anymore...

Last night, if I remember correctly, I was playing with the new starters for the next Pokemon game, when my mom, (who does not really like Pokemon), got extraordinarily ticked off when she saw me playing with them. That's really all that happened. Really sane compared to a lot of the other ones I have. (And I highly doubt my mom would be so ticked like that.)

12. SceneQueen

SceneQueen Member

Okay so me, my uncle and two - 3 of his friends were hanging in this old creepy subway-like room .. it was a section (room) of the tunnel, but we weren't hanging in the tunnel, it was an old tunnel that was really long and next to another tunnel but that wasn't in the dream except for a small part.. so like we were not hanging in the tunnel itself but went more into it and came across this like subway-station (not a real subway station) but like where you get in the train, a little place with 3-4 pillars and there the other tunnel was but fenced off, and it wasn't a railway station.
    So yeah.. there were these green or blue ghostly figures, transparent that were floating somewhere near the room but in the part where I don't remember... so yeah, at first there was a 2 lights in the room we were in but later they went out and everything was black in the room, i could tho see most of the room in the dark but like just how you get used to the dark and can see some things, I could see the pillars and the people I was with.. and then we heard a creepy flapping like of a bird and a little normal bird flew inside the tunnel and got into the room we were in, it was really nice and was around the room, i was however scared if anything would happen to so i tried to hold it but i missed so later they put candle-light on the 4 pillars and then there is a small light but then all the people i was with are gone, like they ran before me so i was all alone in that room and the only way i could go was after them into the tunnel to go back and they aree like out of the tunnel while i am in it running while i feel these ghostly transparent figures are soomwhere behind me but not in my back.. i just know they are somewhere on the way in the long but small tunnel.. so i get to the tunnel entrance and then the dream ends.
    Here is a picture to explain the place i was in in the dream.
    [​IMG]

13. Cullen

Cullen Member

Lately, I've been dreaming about walking into arcades and delighted to find all my favorite classic video games from the 80's like Pengo, Q-bert, and Donkey Kong. But then I usually always wake up before I get a chance to play them.

14. Aquadementia

Aquadementia That's a lot of Mulaney!
    Staff Member Moderator

This morning I had a brief appearance of The Creationist Flintstones.
    It ended like this:

Fred "And what's wrong with that? Being formed out of clay was good enough for my grandfather. It was good enough for my father. It was good enough for me. And, I dare say, it will be good enough for my son."
    Wilma "Fred, we agreed Pebbles would be a girl."
    Fred laughing nervously "Huh-ha, Let me just get that. Huh. Just a little extra clay left over, that's all. Huh-huh-ha. You can't blame a guy for trying."

15. RandomMe

RandomMe An Imaginary Friend

This one is awkward and happened last night or this morming before I woke up:
    16-year old Ben from Omniverse. As a merman. No omnitrix though and in a HELP ME! thing.
    This should be an episode of that in the near future.
    I can tell you more of my CN-related dreams (some have mermen in it) over here.

16. RandomMe

There should be reactions to that dream. Oh well...
    1: This happened in 2003-ish, and I saw a weird curious?ictures logo with a green thing with a red thing, a yellow one and a green one. I guess that they looked like chickens. Why was it related with CN? Sheep in the Big City, of course. I remember trying to mimick the sounds from the logo once when I was four or five at the pool I go every summer.
    2: Around the same time, where I was at a friend's house watching Codename: Kids Next Door. The end credits appeared, but when they ended it cut to a blue screen with a yellow stopwatch, rendered like the menus of an old, late 90s TV. It later cut to the CP and CN production logos.
    And that is why I got fear of that logo... now I don't have.
    3: April 2004, just a few days before April 25th (Carnation Revolution, national holiday, freedom) or a day before that: A european CN webpage had a looong intro with a song and people dancing, styled after CN's look in Europe at the time. It repeated when clicking on it, and it then went to a page for a KND marathon with guests between the episodes.
    4: September 3rd, 2006 (early morning): I was dreaming about My Gym Partner's a Monkey (which premiered the following day on my CN). In that dream, the intro was COMPLETELY DIFFERENT, resembling the romantic scent of a mexican soap opera, but smoother and without accents.
    5: Foster's Home for Imaginary Friends, in portuguese, on TVI. PT-PT, of course! It happened in August of 2011.
    6: Weird dream from the same time period, where Cartoonito took over CN's mornings. It was just a dream... and it's on our Boomerang, which is starting to go downhill.
    7: The birth of Darwin the Merman, which happened around 7am on November 1st, 2011: I came home from school when I discovered a purple arcade. Going upstairs revealed a part of a home where I went. I woke up and I started thinking about that.
    8: April 2012: A song about carrots, in the style of the Mermen song from Flapjack's last episode.
    9: October 2012: I just went inside a bizarre supermarket, which was dark and had blue and yellow neon lights, and I was like, hallucinating, and my hallucinations saw Ben 10. Original one. Then the colors changed to white and red and I left.
    10: October 2012, part 2: In a mall, I saw Kevin and Bea from Darwin the Merman. No, that's not relationship. It's a show that I'm working on.
    11: October 2012, part 3: I just went to another apartement in the building I live in, and when I came in it there was a room decorated with CHECK it. themes. It happened when I started thinking on CN Portugal, where I will do dubs...
    12: Generator Rex on RTP 2? In Portuguese? Nah, you've gotta be kidding. Happened in November 2012.
    13: OK so my latest dream that happened has a little backstory: Ben teams with a scientist (not evil) and duplicated him, but the duplicate turned out that it was a merman. The "merman Ben" should initially have an Omnitrix of his own (morphing to those water aliens but there aren't enough to fill 10 of 'em) but it didn't have. And as I said, there should be a very comedic episode about that! HA! Very funny.

17. RandomMe

I just had this awful dream where I was walking at some place near my home and entered my old school.

18. Gatomon41

Gatomon41 Free Equestrian Forces

I saw a fire that consumed the world, a plague which corrupted, and the world turn to dust.

19. RandomMe

I just had this dream: some store in a mall in Braga was airing... live performances... of Korean bands... on Music Bank. It had the "KBS 2" bug, which is kinda odd because of KBS World. Those vĂ­deos might have been taken off the Internet. Also for those who want to see how that bug looks like on screen, it looks like this:
    [​IMG]
    Taken from: The Human Condition
    Source: KBS World's official Facebook page (some pictures even show KBS 1 or 2 bugs)

#1219 RandomMe, May 12, 2013
    Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2013
  20. PunkPhantom

PunkPhantom Addicted to Toons & Tunes

Ever have a dream where you have a bunch of great looking food, but then you wake up right before you get to eat it?

My mom owes me 6 Nerd's Rope, one bag of Doritos, one bag of Sour Patch Watermelon, and one Coke ;)