1. Enter for a chance to win "Digimon Adventure tri.: Reunion" on DVD! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. We're giving away Twin Saga MMO Starter Packs! Get your free key here: Twin Saga Starter Pack Giveaway
  3. Episode 13 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-13/

We discuss The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the Nintendo Switch, 20 years of Toonami, Toonami’s first era on Cartoon Network, the Adult Swim era, and what we’d like to see from Toonami in the future.

Dismiss Notice

What Did You Buy/Get This Month--October, 2013

Discussion in 'Video Games' started by Viper, Oct 1, 2013.

1. Viper

Viper I'll Never Forget You Two!

Here is the thread to discuss what everyone bought and/or downloaded for video games. I can't wait to hear what everyone bought/will buy. As for me, I'm not sure if I'll be getting anything this month, but I'll see what I can do. I would like to get for my PS3 LEGO Marvel Super Heroes.

2. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Absolutely certain purchases: Beyond: Two Souls (Playstation 3) and Ace Attorney 5 for the 3DS. Probably Pokemon X also, which would actually be my first Pokemon game ever. Yep.

I really really anticipate Beyond, so much so I almost regret that I'll abandon it for a few days to go to NY Comic Con. Quantic Dream absolutely floored me with Heavy Rain.

3. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!

PC: -MDK
    -Star Wars Episode 1 Racer

PS1: -Tekken 3 (long overdue)

PS2: -Rumble Racing

4. Doguineta

Doguineta Active Member

Just got Donkey Kong Country Returns 3D Today. Eager to play it as I never had a Wii & never played the Wii version.

Definetely getting Pokemon XY later in the month though. It's a must have for me.

5. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Just bought Valkyria Chronicles. I've heard good things and its $30 so I said why not.

6. Magus

Magus The Boss

I had Batman Arkham Origins pre-ordered since May, but I decided to cancel it since I'm gonna assume there will be something like a GOTY-edition or something that have all these DLC items included.

I also had (still have) Assassin's Creed 4: Blacklist pre-ordered since May as well and I'm anticipating that game big time. While I have AC3, I don't plan on keeping it.

7. defunctzombie

defunctzombie 1992 not 2002
    Staff Member Moderator

A Japanese copy of Zelda: Minish Cap (with box, great find) and a 12 inch Bowser plush. The plush was an awesome find since I had just finished using Bowser as an example in my English classes for how to introduce someone.

8. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

I bought a new 500GB PS3, since my old one went on the fritz, and I bought Gran Turismo 5 as a bonus. I also plan on buying the LEGO Marvel game. It looks fun.

9. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I just bought Pokemon X and Y. I went to a midnight release to get them and it was a lot of fun. The lines moved a lot quicker than I thought that they would.

10. Viper

I haven't mentioned this yet, but this past week I went to my local Gamestop and I decided to put a $30 deposit on the upcoming LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (PS3). It looks fantastic!:D

11. River26

River26 Well-Known Member

Paid off the PS4 in full. Came to only $15
    - Put down $80 (coming to $380 from September's $300)
    - Put down $20+traded-in two games (Graces f & Xillia)

12. Harmonie

Harmonie Foreverrrrr!

Pokemon X.

I got it at midnight at my workplace... Because I was on break and noticed people walking by with the copies. I originally thought I'd purchase it at the end of the shift, but I got worried that somehow they'd sell out, so I bought it then. lol

13. Jave

Jave Beware of the SPLAT

So far this month:

- The Legend of Zelda: Wind Waker HD - Collector's Edition (Wii U)
    - Just Dance 2014 (Wii U)
    - Pokemon Y (3DS)

14. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

I bought Street Fighter x Tekken for the PlayStation 3.

15. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator

As planned I grabbed Pokemon X from NYCC, and Beyond Two Souls last Tuesday. Also ended up grabbing Legend of Zelda Wind Waker HD at the same time as Pokemon on impulse - what can I say, it looked really pretty on those big screen TV's.

I have a bonafide game backlog now pretty much - haven't even touched Bioshock Infinite yet. But hey. This is good stuff.

16. GingaDaiuchuu

GingaDaiuchuu Active Member

Pokémon X - Nintendo 3DS

17. Viper

Yesterday (10/23/13), I went to my local Gamestop and I picked up my copy of LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (PS3) with the Spiderman keychain and bonus DLC content. I'm looking forward to starting it!:D

Today (10/24/13), I went back to Gamestop and I decided to get a USED copy of Lollipop Chainsaw (PS3) for 2 reasons: it went down in price to under $20 and both Michael Rosenbaum (Smallville, Justice League/JLU) & Tara Strong (Batman: TAS' Batgirl, Teen Titans' Raven) play the main characters in it. Does anybody know if it was worth getting? IMO, I think so.:)

I'm also thinking of getting Castlevania: Lords of Shadow (PS3) because it looked good and a sequel is planned for early next year. Is it worth getting?

18. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

My copy of LEGO Marvel Super Heroes also arrived in the mail with the keychain. Sadly, the DLC wasn't E-mailed. :( Oh well, I'll try to play later.

19. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!

Got Power Instinct (SNES). A shame none of the sequels ever got a release stateside.

20. Wonderwall

Wonderwall Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Got Batman Arkham Origins on Friday. Also when I was buying it I decided to pre order something for the PS4 but that technically is next month.