1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

What DiC series do you want Shout Factory to release DVDs of in 2006?

Discussion in 'Back To The Inkwell - Classic Cartoons Discussion' started by Brettfern, Sep 24, 2005.

?

What DiC series do you want Shout Factory to release DVDs of in 2006?

Poll closed Oct 25, 2005.
  1. Dennis The Menace

5.5%
  2. Inspector Gadget

40.0%
  3. The Littles

5.5%
  4. The Adventures Of Sonic The Hedgehog / Sonic The Hedgehog (SatAM)

49.1%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. The Penguin

The Penguin All Hail the King!
    Staff Member Moderator

The poll doesn't close for another 10 days, you should still be able to vote.

2. wizard55

wizard55 Member

oops, sorry abou that. lol! I just voted. But about my question I posted, does anybdoy know why its taking so long for Inspector Gadget dvds?

3. Brettfern

Brettfern Active Member

Good things come to those who wait, Ty! We just need to give it some time. I am predicting that in or after the first half of 2006, it will be out.

The Penguin is right. 10 days might be a long time to wait, but time sure flies. So for those of you who have NOT voted, please vote now because anything can happen.

#63 Brettfern, Oct 15, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Oct 15, 2005
  4. Toon Capone

Toon Capone Active Member

I like the shows listed but these are the series I want Dic to put out through Shout Factory in 2006:

Jayce And The Wheeled Warriors
    M.A.S.K.
    The Real Ghostbusters
    C.O.P.S.
    The Adventures of Super Mario Bros. 3
    G.I. Joe
    ALF

5. Brettfern

Brettfern Active Member

Great favorites but some of them may not be released from Shout Factory! An episode of ALF: The Animated Series (and ALFTales) were both featured as a bonus on the ALF sitcom Season Two set from Lions Gate. At the end of both episodes, there was a screen that said "ALF: The Animated Series (and ALFTales) coming soon from Lions Gate". So there is a possibility that they could release DVDs of those shows.

As for The Real Ghostbusters (and Slimer! & The Real Ghostbusters), Sony Pictures Home Entertainment has the rights to them since though they were animated by DiC, they were distributed for TV by Columbia Pictures Television. So those shows must be owned by SPT. I believe Dinosaucers is owned by Sony also.

Of course, the 4-disc set of C.O.P.S. will be released from Shout Factory! on February 28th, 2006. The other shows I don't know the status of so you will have to stay up to date for the future.

6. The Penguin

Staff Member Moderator

Promise? I've been waiting for this one since that single disc came out. Will there be more than one set or does that cover it all?

7. Brettfern

Brettfern Active Member

The show has 65 episodes so there will be more than one set.

8. wizard55

wizard55 Member

I don't think they are a DiC series but I would really like to see Adventures of Gilligan and Gilligan's Planet on dvd just so I could finally see them. I also would love to see What-A-Mess released on dvd. Bump-In-the Bight too, wasn't there one dvd of it allready out?

9. Brettfern

Brettfern Active Member

What-A-Mess and Bump In The Night each had a DVD release from UAV. Try searching for them at discount stores or order them online at Amazon.com

I have no idea on whether the Gilligan cartoons will be on DVD. I wish that the Season 1 DVD set could have had the colorized episodes (that Ted Turner "Turnerized" when they were reran on TBS, TNT and Turner South for all those years) instead of the original B&W prints. I think Gilligan's Island is best in color.

10. wizard55

wizard55 Member

[QUOTE=BrettfernI have no idea on whether the Gilligan cartoons will be on DVD. I wish that the Season 1 DVD set could have had the colorized episodes (that Ted Turner "Turnerized" when they were reran on TBS, TNT and Turner South for all those years) instead of the original B&W prints. I think [i]Gilligan's Island[/i] is best in color.[/QUOTE]
    I do prefer the color episodes but I personally don't like when they colorize series. Thats why I haven't bought Bewitched yet because all they have in stores is the Colorized version. I'm gonna have to just go online I guess and order it in the future.

Also, theres this 80's revival thing going on with Care Bears, Strawberry Shortcake, etc. how long until we see Popples on dvd again and stuff you think?

11. Brettfern

Brettfern Active Member

I have no idea. I found this website about Popples: www.popples.org

12. Brettfern

Brettfern Active Member

For those who still have not voted, please vote now!

Right around this time in six days, this poll will be closed so for those who have not voted yet, please vote now! Once again, I will be sending this to DiC and to Shout Factory!

13. Brettfern

Brettfern Active Member

I just want to apologize for spamming. I know that it is strictly prohibited, I had sent many ToonZone.net members private messages and had posted about this poll on the Cafe ToonZone.net board. I have learned my lesson and I swear on a stack of bibles, spamming will NOT happen again. Thank-you. - BF

14. Brettfern

Brettfern Active Member

We've still got four more days to go! For those who haven't voted yet, vote now please!

15. The Penguin

Staff Member Moderator

But only if you vote for Inspector Gadget.

16. Brettfern

Brettfern Active Member

...and Dennis and The Littles. Sonic is going way to fast with votes.

17. The Penguin

Staff Member Moderator

Nope. Just Inspector Gadget.

;)

18. Brettfern

Brettfern Active Member

It may be a little late for me to announce this but even though it says I voted for Dennis, I'd also vote for Gadget. ;)

19. Brettfern

Brettfern Active Member

All right! It looks like we got 3 more voters added to the poll. But we still have two days to go and it seems that it will fly fast. For those that still didn't vote, please vote now!

20. Brettfern

Brettfern Active Member

More votes please! Sonic is just running so fast! lol

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.