1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

What are your thoughts on the original DuckTales?

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by Dr.Pepper, Aug 12, 2017.

1. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Well-Known Member

With the new Ducktales out, I was wondering what your thoughts were on the original? The original series was one of the staples from my early childhood. I remember watching it as far back as my memory can go. When I was about six I tried to make it my life's goal to record every episode but after I got up to about five VHS tapes my parents cut me off. I dug out these old tapes about eight years ago and I thought the show was alright but not enough to buy the DVD's

When I was really little (like under the age of five) my favorite character was Scrooge, but I think that was I was so little and he was the only person I knew. I got a plush of him when I went to Disneyland when I was four. When I was older my favorite character was Gyro. I normally like the smart characters. My favorite episode was Sir Gyro Gearloose for reasons that should be obvious.

• Like Like x 1
  2. NeoplanDan

NeoplanDan Musical ZF

I remember looking at when I was six, not even they first can out, but when I looked at it during reruns on Toon Disney, I kinda grew into, I mean I likes all of the characters from good and evil.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

3. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

I used to watch it A LOT as a kid, but nowadays it kind of bores me. It is one of those cartoons I personally think didn't age well.

I will give the reboot a chance, though.

4. hobbyfan

hobbyfan Well-Known Member

DuckTales was a trip and a half back in the day. Liking the new version, too.

5. fsaenz0125

fsaenz0125 Active Member

I enjoyed it. It was great for the most part, aside from Webby (bland and sometimes annoying imo), Babba (whom episodes he's the main focus on are some of the weakest episodes of the show), and the lack of Launchpad in later episodes.

But if the reboot is any indicted, I think I'm gonna like that show better the original, since it's actually very good.

6. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

It was pretty fun and was a great 80s show, I still watch it on VHS every now and then.

7. Mikurotoro92

Mikurotoro92 Banned

Never watched it

I am only familiar with it due to the over-rated NES game

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Itchy

Itchy Scratchy's enemy

The "El Captain" story arch was great and is some of the best tv animation Disney has produced. The quality remained fairly consistent until the second season when they began to overuse Bubba and Fenton, two characters I felt worked best in small doses.

9. ZukoFan

ZukoFan Member

It's undoubtedly one of the most influential animated series ever produced, featuring wonderful music (especially that unforgettable theme song) and surprisingly in-depth plots. Alan Young and Terry McGovern, as Scrooge and Launchpad, respectively, are brilliant in their roles. I think the concept of the show is fantastic (a rich duck who does whatever he wants) because it's simple yet easy to create many episodes from. While I don't watch it all the time, I do like it a lot, and the reboot is simply fabulous.