1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

What are your thoughts on The Brave Little Toaster?

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by Dr.Pepper, Aug 27, 2017.

1. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Well-Known Member

Since it's the movie's 30 anniversary what are your thoughts on The Brave Little Toaster? For me it was a childhood favorite. I had the movie on a home recorded VHS. I used to watch it all the time. My mom even bought some old toaster at a garage sale and painted a face on it for me. She also made Blanky out of a towel. I took my alarm clock, a toy vacuum, and a lamp from my brother's room to act out scenes from the movie. I got in trouble one time for throwing them down the stairs while acting out the waterfall scene. This is one movie I wouldn't mind seeing a live action reboot of. I haven't seen the sequels in years, but I remember them being pretty bad.

2. Gear3dGryph0n

Gear3dGryph0n Active Member

I've never seen the movie, but from an animation history standpoint I'd consider it very important because that's where a lot of the Pixar regulars got their start.

3. NeoplanDan

NeoplanDan Musical ZF

I remember hearing the name from somewhere about the show, but I've never watched it ages ago since I wasn't there when it came out.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

4. Neo Yi

Neo Yi The Apparition
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

I watched it a couple of times as a kid and had only vague memories of it at the time. I recently watched it a couple years back and man, I really was a resilent kid, the Toaster and his band of friends gets into a serious loads of danger that for a more sensitive kid would have given them nightmares.

5. SpaceCowboy

SpaceCowboy Active Member

^
    It may have been the way it was animated.

6. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

It's on my list of movies I have to watch sometime. (but probably never will since I'm not that much into movies :sweat: )

7. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

The last time I saw the movie was 2-3 years ago.
    It's really good. Fun characters, nice animation, fun songs and a good music score, great direction.

For those who haven't seen it, I highly recommend it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Winner Winner x 1