What are your predictions for Nickelodeon in the 2020's?

Discussion in 'The Nicktoons Forum' started by SmileyToonatic, Aug 27, 2015.

1. Checkerboard

Checkerboard THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS

Cable ain't going anywhere. It'll just move on from DVB-C to DVB-C2 to offer even more channels and services along with their improved technical quality. The way we use cable may slightly change, but it's not going anywhere anytime soon - especially not in Europe.

2. PurpleEagle99

PurpleEagle99 New Member

For the 2020s, I think Nickelodeon would be nostalgic over the 2000s and then finally end Spongebob and Fairy Odd Parents, unless 2020s kids actually love both of these shows and makes the executives do more episodes for them. But besides that, I think it would probably be some Renaissance era for them. Much like of how Cartoon Network was in a Renaissance during the 2010s.

3. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

You notice you posted this twice this post, right?

4. Checkerboard

Yeah, I know. But not my fault the forum sometimes freezes or lags. Deleted the double.

5. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

It's okay. It happens sometime whenever my computer screen freezes or server not responding...

6. Checkerboard

Probably pure fantasy, but... imagine one showcase channel called "Viacom/Viacom HD/Viacom On Demand"... possibility? That's more of guess/idea than a prediction.

If I should make 1 prediction, I'll say that Viacom (MTV) will be one of the first to broadcast a global live awards show in 4K (VMAs) and SpongeBob will be gone by then.

7. Goldstar Neo

Goldstar Neo Good Morning!

What does SpongeBob have to with the Video Music Awards, and what do the VMAs have to do with Nickelodeon?

#47 Goldstar Neo, Sep 21, 2015
    Last edited: Sep 21, 2015
  8. SmileyToonatic

By the 2020s Nick should have a clear idea on how to run a channel again. Nick is already showing improvements in some areas such as Friday night blocks with the Nicktoons and Saturday night for live-action. It's a good start, and if they keep this up, by 2020, the programming blocks could be fully developed.

9. blahblehblih123

And also the Thursday Movie Nights.

10. SmileyToonatic

Yeah the movie block was a good idea too. If Nick keeps making blocks like this it can give viewers enthusiasm for the channel again because they'll have something to look forward to.

11. Lord Hater

Lord Hater Retired

Nicktoons will be the home of Nick's animated programs. SpongeBob, Alvin, and TMNT will be the most popular shows.

Nick Jr. and Nick@Nite will be removed from big Nick to make more space for the live-action sitcoms.

12. Silverstar

Silverstar Rock the Dragon

No, it won't. That's just something you'd like to see happen for some reason. We've been over this before: moving all of Nick's premiere animated shows to Nicktoons wouldn't make any sense from a business standpoint. 'Big' Nick is never going to be without premiere cartoons. That's just something you're going to have to accept.

That's not going to happen either, not as long as Nick wants to continue making money during those hours. Both blocks have too many loyal viewers for Viacom to ever consider removing either of them. Nick has never aired live-action sitcoms 24/7 and it's never going to. There'd be no point in them running tweencoms during weekday mornings/early afternoons because tweens are in school during those hours, and there'd be no point in then airing kids' programming at night because kids go to bed.

#52 Silverstar, Oct 10, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2015
  13. chipmunksfan

chipmunksfan Member

I hope that Alvinnn!!! And the Chipmunks continue through to the year 2020 and beyond, whether it becomes the poster show for Nickelodeon I really do not care. As long as they continue to make episodes that are as good as the ones thus far I`m happy. I wish Spongebob would continue to run as well. I don`t see a reason why the two most popular shows should be replaced by something, but I hope that other good shows also begin to air.

Like I said the other day on another thread, I wish they`d bring another version of the Rugrats, having the original babies be adults now who are raising their own little Rugrats. But I wish that would happen even before 2020.

I`m thinking they could try to do something again with Super Mario and Luigi, preferably in cartoon form.

On a side note, I hope that the Ducktales revival continues well into the 2020s on the Disney Channel.

14. Lord Hater

Lord Hater Retired

Nicktoons will no longer be Nick's recycling bin and is an animation channel, with Harvey Beaks, The Loud House, and TMNT being the flagship shows of the channel and regularly get 1 million viewers.

Nick@Nite will still be on at night, but they will make some original series and replace the four overplayed shows with new acquisitions.

Nick Jr. will be added to tons more homes, thus eliminating the need of the block on big Nick.

Nickelodeon will stop being reliant on sitcoms. They will create game shows, mysteries, dramas, etc.

TeenNick will shut down. Viacom is no longer funding original content for them and channels dedicated to reruns don't work anymore.

15. Silverstar

Silverstar Rock the Dragon

Of all the things you said, these 2 are the most plausible, though again, they're more wishes than predictions. As for the rest...

...Just stop. While your devotion is admirable, typing the same wish list again and again across multiple threads isn't going to magically make it happen. BTW, if TeeNick were to go away away, so would The Splat (unless it were to go to Nicktoons or something), since Viacom isn't about to run that on their main channel.

• Winner Winner x 1
    #55 Silverstar, Oct 11, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 11, 2015
  16. Lord Hater

Lord Hater Retired

Nickelodeon Animation Studio will produce an show for Nicktoons, similar to how they made Fresh Beat Band of Spies for the Nick Jr. channel

At least one Nicktoon will be rebooted, either in a special/movie or a full series.

SpongeBob and FOP will be cancelled.

All of Nick's animated series will have huge fanbases.

Dan Schneider will stop producing shows for Nick because they're getting less creative and losing ratings

Nick Jr., Nicktoons, and TeenNick will still be reliant on reruns and third-party shows

Nickelodeon shows will get 2 to 3 million viewers per episode

All of the unaired episodes will either be released online or burned off at night

17. Mr. Daniel

Mr. Daniel Back (but just occasionally)

Please be Hey Arnold! please be Hey Arnold! please be Hey Arnold!

Like the sound of that.

Rugrats, Hey Arnold, and both Avatar series for life!

Like the sound of that EVEN MORE!!

18. kanc

kanc Well-Known Member

I agree that Dan Schenider should retire or leave Nickelodeon since he has been a producer for at least 20 years.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Dr. Zoidberg678

Dr. Zoidberg678 New Member

SpongeBob will probably end, but there will be a spin off series called "The Squidward Show."
    Nickelodeon will change its logo again
    Idk

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. 90'sKid

90'sKid Well-Known Member

I honestly wouldn't be surprised.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk