What are your predictions for CN/Boomerang in the 2020's?

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by Lord Hater, Mar 5, 2015.

1. Lord Hater

Lord Hater Retired

What are your predictions for CN and Boomerang in the 2020's?
    1. Boomerang will be in HD and carried on all providers
    2. CN and Boomerang's original series are well-received and very popular
    3. Teen Titans Go! will be cancelled
    4. CN will broadcast until 9 pm
    5. Their schedule will not be based entirely on one or two shows
    6. Third-party acquisitions will get good treatment
    7. All of their shows will have merchandise
    8. The Powerpuff Girls will be the most-popular show on the network

• Like Like x 1
    #1 Lord Hater, Mar 5, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  2. Mr. Daniel

Mr. Daniel Back (but just occasionally)

1. Cartoon Network will still be the King of Children's programming.
    2. Adventure Time will still go on (But still be pretty good).
    3. 5 or more new groundbreaking, funny, and/or smart cartoons.
    4. Teen Titans Go! will be gone for good.

• Like Like x 1
  3. RegularCapital

RegularCapital The Third Dimension

My predictions are as follows for the United States.

1) Widespread distribution of Boomerang with HD feed on all providers.
    2) By the end of this decade Clarence, Uncle Grandpa, Regular Show, TAWOG will end gracefully and not be abruptly cancelled. Adventure Time and Steven Universe maybe another question.
    3) Teen Titans Go! will end before the end of this decade and be replaced with a more serious DC animated series which is especially important as the generation who grew up with TTG! would now be looking for more mature shows.
    4) Apple and Onion will continue production and would be in the middle of its run towards the start of the next decade.
    5) We Bare Bears will continue until a few years into the next decade (2020's)
    6) Cartoon Network will continue hiring CalArts (or other top animation universities) graduates and comic book artists for ideas for new shows.
    7) A large chunk of CN's, HB's and WB's back catalogue will be available on-demand.
    8) All shows will be available on-demand including online streaming not long after the broadcast, of which Turner is actually in the process of doing in this moment of time.
    9) Miller, Athraya and Co. will continue running the channels at least until sometime in the middle of the next decade.
    10) CN will take preschool programming more seriously, Cartoonito (with a new rebrand) could launch or at least a block in the United States to battle against Nick and Disney.
    11) CN USA will air new productions from Turner Asia-Pacific and Great Marlborough Productions in Europe as an auxiliary to CN's main studio's output.
    12) On-demand content also applies to Adult Swim and Toonami.
    13) CN will continue to battle for the 1# kids channel in the ratings in a much closer battle with Disney.
    14) CN 8K Channel by the end of the 2020's, maybe?
    15) Boomerang will continue to air shows from independant and foreign animation studios and be home for modern remakes of classic animated shows and characters.

CN International feeds by 2020

1) All CN feeds will be available in HD.
    2) Boomerang will be localised further and be in HD.
    3) On-demand will also apply to other markets, Turner is currently in the process of doing this.
    4) CN Asia-Pacific will have their very own studio much akin to Great Marlborough Productions in London
    5) Great Marlborough Productions will expand
    6) Foreign language dubs will be released earlier than at present, this is something Turner is currently aiming to do.

• Like Like x 1
    #3 RegularCapital, Oct 14, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 14, 2015
  4. WMania

WMania Check Out My Avatar Thread!

Bold Predictions:

1. None of CN's original programming as of this writing is around (except possibly We Bare Bears).
    2. After the third season of Ridonculous Race, Total Drama is done for good.
    3. More emphasis on online streaming, especially the older shows prior to 2010.
    4. More series than ever before, due to the online streaming.
    5. What's Teen Titans Go?

5. superkeegan9100

superkeegan9100 Well-known user and expert in cartoons

My predictions:
    CN:
    1. The channel will become the TTG network and will close down.
    2. [adult swim] will move to Fox.
    3. All of their other shows will move to Netflix.

Da Boom:
    1. Boom will continue to air acquisitions from other international channels like YTV or Teletoon.
    2. Boom will continue to use the 2015 branding even if the other international channels rebranded.
    3. Boom will launch in HD.
    4. Boom will have more original programming.

Well, those are my predictions anyway.

Where have YOU been the last two years?

#5 superkeegan9100, Oct 14, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
  6. Riley

Riley Everything's the fault of a Yo-kæi™

1. Most of the currently-running shows (except perhaps We Bare Bears, depends on shtick) will be over by then. 4-5 years is usually a good running time unless it goes wild like Adventure Time or Regular Show. Then there's Mixels which I doubt will run for 20 waves to get to that point.
    2. Boomerang will definitely evolve from where it is now in the rebrand, becoming a bit more of an independent channel. A good, generic theme would be classic cartoons and bringing those characters back to life (Wabbit, Be Cool, Powerpuff Girls reboot, etc.) alongside current shows. Helps keep the sense in the name.
    3. More of Cartoon Network's external productions will make their way to the United States.
    4. Check It 9.0.

7. Pac-Attack

Pac-Attack Here if I feel like it

CN will continue to suck when it comes to DVDs and other distribution (old shows in particular).

8. Pelvix

Pelvix Weirdo

My predictions:
    CN: - Will continue to produce quality animated series
    - In contrast to my first point, they may also have another Teen Titans Go!-esque series up their sleeves.
    - CN Action cartoons (hopefully) make a comeback.
    - More online original content.
    - CN ends at 7PM for Adult Swim

Boomerang:
    - HD feed will exist, as long as wider distribution, and online content
    - More original series, as well as aquired programming from Boom international and Teletoon.

9. BetterOurFuture

BetterOurFuture New Member

Unless they change their method, I imagine it'll be more of the same.

Most of the current gen, will be phased out. The tops may get to run on Boomerang. This previous gen will probably have decent presence on dvd and digital, that it won't matter much.

The older brands will also still be given the same treatment but given this starts at least 4 years in the future, Hanna Barbera will have probably had 30-40 more releases by then, CN not showing them will matter less and less. The Looney Tunes will hopefully be out of their slump by then at the Archive, so they'll hopefully be good. Older DC and Kids Wb are kind of mixed, I expect they'll have something by then, but how much I have no clue. Older CN shows are probably doomed to have not moved much in four years. Maybe that'll change in the 2020s.

DC will probably only have one show on CN still. Teen titans go may be replaced by then or about to be. It'll probably depend on which dtvs sell better for it to be serious or not.

CN will probably be far less caring though, as by the 2020s, who knows how much presence tv channels are even going to have. I think by now plenty of people prefer streaming services, dvds and downloads. Binge watching is in, channel loyalty is dying.

10. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

Situation 1:
    -TTG will get its own statue and fans from all over the world will start obeying it. (most TTG fans are now about 20 years old)
    -TTG will eventually get its own religion.
    -By 2029 there will be a war between the Christians and the TTGians. The Russians will help the Christians and the TTGians will have to move to another continent.
    -Russia and the United States become allies forever.
    -The American Cartoon Network will get a Russian audio track through SAP.

Situation 2:
    -TTG will be cancelled, as well as Regular Show and a few other cartoons.
    -The American Cartoon Network will finally get a better schedule.
    -Most third-party shows will still get bad treatment.
    -Cartoon Network will focus more on online streaming and the like.

• Creative Creative x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    #10 Red Arrow :D, Oct 15, 2015
    Last edited: Oct 15, 2015
  11. WMania

WMania Check Out My Avatar Thread!

Love the mean-spirited response. It was a joke. By 2020, we'll all forget TTG.

• Like Like x 1
  12. ToonJay723

ToonJay723 Bingo Bongo

My Predictions

- Writers for current CN shows will make their own shows.
    - Adventure Time and Regular Show have a 10 year anniversary special and end shortly after.
    - The PowerPuff Girls is a successful reboot, and it lasts for at least ten years.
    - CN opens a paid online streaming service, and the profits from there will allow CN to make more action shows without the reliance to toy companies.
    - Warner Bros. Animation produces original shows (not based on Hanna-Barbera, Looney Tunes, or DC Comics)
    - Boomerang will be the home for foreign, and third party shows.

13. BetterOurFuture

BetterOurFuture New Member

That's an interesting theory that a lot of people sweep under the rug a bit too easily. More channel/studio streaming services is something that doesn't seem to be taking off but so could be in the future. Warner Archive already has one, but it seems to be getting paid less attention to. This is something if they or others tried could still have time to get into the kitchen before we really settle on the future of digital. As right now there's too many cooks in the digital kitchen and what's left of the disc one for the future to look clear

14. superkeegan9100

superkeegan9100 Well-known user and expert in cartoons

I knew that.

15. Daffyrocks

Daffyrocks Woo-hoo-hooo!

My predictions:
    CN:
    - they will have a better schedule on all feeds which means more variety and old shows being back to the schedule, including the Cartoons Cartoons
    - I don't know if the current shows (AT, RS, TTG!, UG etc.) will continue in 2020s, but if not they will then make more new original series to keep up with the variety
    - treat third-party shows better (on all feeds)
    - more creativity on promos and bumpers (on all feeds)
    - Numb Chucks to premiere on CN USA and be gone from Boom USA

Boomerang:
    - again more variety to the schedule on all feeds, this meaning more classic H-B shows and also bringing back the MGM Show, The Popeye Show and The Harveytoons Show
    - treat it like CN, which means to make it available everywhere around the world on all satellites, cables and platforms
    - more creativity on promos and bumpers (on all feeds)
    - treat T&J, Looney Tunes and Scooby-Doo very well (which they still do)
    - Inspector Gadget (2015) and Mr. Bean (the animated series) to premiere on Boom USA

16. Silverstar

Silverstar Rock the Dragon

The Harveytoons are owned by Classic Media, which was recently purchased by Dreamworks, so that seems iffy.

Boom already dropped the ball big time on Inspector Gadget; Netflix has the broadcast rights to Gadget in the US, so we won't be seeing that on Da Boom, and there's just not big enough of a demand for Mr. Bean in the US.

17. validating

validating PUT SOME BUTTER ON IT

guys I feel like a lot of these are hopes and not predictions

here's my predictions:

CN:
    -Adventure Time will end in 2018 or 2019 and have one season after the movie
    -TTG, WBB, SU, and RS will still be alive
    -Gumball, Clarence, UG, and Wabbit will get 3-5 seasons and then end
    -Plenty of new shows will be added to the channel.
    -Adult Swim will take over 7PM-7AM, making it literally half the schedule
    -CN will rise up above nick in ratings

Boomerang:
    -Boomerang will be a complete dumping ground for random shows on CN and premiere no new shows, have no old shows, and just be CN 2.0

18. sasq

sasq Active Member

1) classic looney's will return to cn and boom. and also reboots of classic shows (cn).

2) The extintion of ''DIZ CARTOON HAZ ZUMBILINAL AND ZATANIC MEZZAGEZ!!!!''?

19. sasq

sasq Active Member

And now let's move to italy

cn and boom (along with boing) will be sold to mediaset cause turner not doing good ratings in our country (but the shows will still be aired in italy). they will be free from sky and be fta (free to air) like boing on cable, and they will not only have turner shows. but also animes! (also boing will move his crap teen soap operas from spain to mediaset novela)

20. Daffyrocks

Daffyrocks Woo-hoo-hooo!

This is very negative. :(