1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

What are your current hobbies?

Discussion in 'Cafe toonzone' started by Harley, Dec 29, 2015.

Tags:
  1. Harley

Harley Embarassment Ninja
    Staff Member Administrator

For some reason, no one's asked this in more than a decade. So, what do you like to do in your free time?

I draw. Game a little. I like reading a lot. Largely fiction. I like to make sarcastic remarks while I watch tv.

2. jaylop97

jaylop97 Commonly found at Night

I read general trivia of Video games and TV shows, as I find it interesting to learn that info and it gives me more to know of both subjects, and I find it exciting to know certain facts of something you might not know at first.

#2 jaylop97, Dec 30, 2015
    Last edited: Dec 30, 2015
  3. Harley

Harley Embarassment Ninja
    Staff Member Administrator

Which games and shows do you know the most about?

4. jaylop97

jaylop97 Commonly found at Night

Mortal kombat for sure on the Video Game side, and Pokémon for VG and TV show, and South Park, otherwise I know a lot of others but that list would go on forever.

5. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Well-Known Member

Now that I am on winter break I go mall walking. I hardly ever buy anything, but I just walk around the mall. One of my local malls is shaped like a circle, so that makes it easy to rake up the miles. In the past I sometimes go as many as five miles, but I haven't gone up that far since I had surgery on my foot back in September.

6. CoolEric158

CoolEric158 She rocks both ways.

Youtube's a big one. It's a one-stop shop for all of my needs. Animations, gaming, comedy, reviews, rants, music, news, the works. I also enjoy walks, especially since I live close to the forest, which always has something interesting. And, if it isn't obvious considering I update this thread every week almost consistently, I enjoy analyzing and watching movie box office. I love numbers and the general race a movie has to make to earn its money back. I'm also a fan of television ratings for the same reason. I also write and create movie reviews, because I like giving out opinions and discussing them.

7. Antiyonder

Antiyonder Amalgam Universe Overlord
    Staff Member Moderator

Just the usual (varying between comic books, animation and video games), but I have been giving more attention towards the Dragon Quest games more often again. Aside from doing more on my files for V and VI, I played the PS2 port of Dragon Quest VIII for the first time having seen my brother's playthrough (it's actually his game and system). Been wanting to play it earlier in 2014 to be honest, but things got in the way.

But I finally got around to it after the announcement that we're finally getting the 3DS ports of VIII and VII well later this year (VIII came out in Japan not too long ago, while VII was out since 2013 I believe).

8. The Great Gazoo

The Great Gazoo Hello Dumb Dumbs

I do like singing. Mostly in the shower and just for fun and never on stage in front of a ton of people.

9. Gatomon41

Gatomon41 Free Equestrian Forces

Worldbuilding. I like to design fictional settings, and as such requires much reading in a variety of stuff: Technology, culture, science, art, history. It's fun.

10. Freav

Freav BeakFreav

Music related things, such as playing guitar, playing bass, singing and somewhat writing some music. Also, I love knowing more about music, discover new stuff, and get to know about different trends of subgenres sometimes.

Watching cartoons is another one, but I guess that's a hobby for most people here.

I guess I also just enjoy browsing the internet without a clear destination, I'm too lazy for gaming (or it's just not my thing), sometimes i play very simple flash games and read about diverse things, find forums and such too. I like playing sudokus and nonograms a bit.

11. Deebee

Deebee Purple Puma

Obsessing over cartoons, but that's most people here on Toonzone, so it's pretty much a given.

Listening to music, but that's most people here on Earth, so it's a given. I like punk, horrorpunk, psychobilly, and industrial.

Occasionally dabbling in video games, mostly Pokemon. I've also gotten quite far in each Five Nights at Freddy's game. I enjoy how challenging they are (despite what people may lead you to believe, FNAF games are hard. Go check out nights 5+ and especially the "hard modes" such as the first game's 4/20 mode. Footage that makes the games out to be boring is often from night 1 - of course not as much is going to happen, the player needs some leeway so they can get used to the controls).

I go for a lot of walks and do a lot of simple yoga. I guess these are more out of necessity, since my daily chemo pills prevent me from getting the physical activity an able-bodied person gets (working a job that keeps you on your feet, for instance). I have back problems that only go away through a combination of these two types of exercise, and I tend to get depressed if I don't go for enough walks.

Befriending and photographing cats. Cats tend to be memetically drawn to me. In the past few months, I've had cats I had never met before come up to me and start loving me. I have a social network of cats, whom I visit on said walks.

Drawing, I don't feel like drawing terribly often, but I do enjoy it when inspiration strikes.

Marathon sleeping. Sometimes I'll pull off 14+ hours. Sometimes I get addicted to sleep; I'll think to myself, "I could get up now, but I just feel like sleeping more". Chemo and allergy pills are probably to thank for this.

12. Freav

Freav BeakFreav

I didn't know you took chemo pills.
    Hope everything turns out fine, best wishes for you.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  13. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

I watch a lot of cartoons, though considering this is a site about animation, that's probably everyone here. I watch a lot of TV in general. Mostly cartoons, but there are quite a few live action shows I like as well, mostly sitcoms. I also enjoy looking at fan art for shows I like. I spend a lot of time on Twitter well. I even have a couple Twitter accounts in addition to my main where I do role play as my MLP OCs.

14. Deebee

Deebee Purple Puma

Thanks. I have to stay on them my whole life, unless something better comes along. I had skin cancer in my right eyelid, which they could only remove so much of without having to remove my eye. Docs say the cancer will come back if I stop taking the pills altogether, though I can take breaks of a week or two when the pills cause me trouble, such as if I get sick (I cannot recover from sickness while on Erivedge; the sickness just gets progressively worse) or if I start having too many cramps/pains.

Another hobby of mine is YouTube. I don't make videos, but I enjoy watching Let's Plays, theory videos, reviews, rants, and listening to readings of creepypasta.

I occasionally watch movies, though that's another given, because pretty much everyone does. I like kaiju films, horror, sci fi, fantasy, and obviously, animated films.

15. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

Forgot to mention in my post that I also like running my blog. I don't have an actual schedule for it, but I try to get out at least one post per month.

And Deebee, I hope those chemo pills work out for you.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  16. Deebee

Deebee Purple Puma

Thanks. They've worked for two years, though I am overdue for another MRI scan. Previous scans showed no cancer, though.

17. BagelBaygel

BagelBaygel New Member

I love to draw, especially other peoples ocs. I find them much more interesting than my own lol.

Also I like ranting. A lot.

18. Action!

Action! Active Member

Playing video games and playing on my computer.

19. Freav

Freav BeakFreav

Aw, I'm sorry. That seems like complicated place for the treatment of cancer.
    I'm glad you're in a stable situation now thanks to the pills tho. Plus, within the importance of cancer research (I believe that it should be one of the biggest priorities when it comes to medical research, but I have absolutely no idea how all of it works), let's hope new solutions keep arriving that let you get a permanent cure someday.

And thread relaed. One of my most recet hobbies is solving rubik's cubes. I've goten quite an obsession these last months. I can solve a few ones (classic 3*3 and variations such as mirror and stuff, 2*2, 4*4, 5*5, megaminx) but I really want to get more cubes, it's a fantastic world..