What Are You Listening To? (9th Album)

Discussion in 'The Musiquarium' started by wonderfly, Jan 18, 2013.

1. copper20

copper20 Member

The Four Horsemen by Metallica.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Michael24

Michael24 Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

The new Vintage Trouble album, 1 Hopeful Rd., came out this past Friday. After checking six or seven stores since then, I finally found a copy today. Listening to it now and liking it very much.

3. Freav

Freav BeakFreav

Courtney Barnett - Sometimes I Sit and Think, Sometimes I Just Sit
    Serious contender for album of the year, probably my second after Sleater-Kinney's

4. Eternal Argost

Eternal Argost Fan of Saint Seiya

Vocaloid - Sou Ai Sei Ri Ron album

5. The Great Gazoo

The Great Gazoo Hello Dumb Dumbs

Key- The Guess Who

6. Freav

Freav BeakFreav

The new Radiohead album, A Moon Shaped Pool.
    Has anybody listened to this? Absolutely outstanding stuff, it's definetely gonna be remembered.

7. jaylop97

jaylop97 Well-Known Member

I have been listening to Shakira's Donde Estan los Landrones album, mainly because I enjoy listening to spanish music.

8. Freav

Freav BeakFreav

I enjoy that album, which is surprising, due to how terrible most of her music is for me (mostly when she turned blonde and started singing in english lol.

• Like Like x 1
  9. jaylop97

jaylop97 Well-Known Member

Yeah past that her music was way to repetitive for me to listen, so this is probably the only album of hers I would probably listen to.

10. validating

validating PUT SOME BUTTER ON IT

Psychotron by Megadeth. It's actually the live version.

11. Freav

Freav BeakFreav

"The Hope Six Demolition Project", the new PJ Harvey album. The first track is fantastic, like really fantastic, but the album is sightly underwhelming for an artist like her. The singles are probably the best songs here. Still a good album.

12. Freav

Freav BeakFreav

Pavement - Crooked Rain, Crooked Rain, one of the best indie rock albums ever, heck, one of the best albums ever.

13. chum_chum

chum_chum Active Member

CupcakKe - Shelters To Deltas
    One of my AOTY's, literally better than The Beatles

14. avastye

avastye New Member

New album from Roosevelt is on point!

15. Freav

Freav BeakFreav

Boxer by The National.
    Now that's aband I completely regret overlooking for so long. It's incrsdible how every band that gets involved in anything Bob's Burgers related is great.

16. chum_chum

chum_chum Active Member

I See You by The xx is very very good, love the new sound. Few songs in the middle of the tracklist are pretty meh, but both the beginning and the closure of the LP are very strong, even the Drake-sampling bonus track.
    As of 2016 year end lists:
    Atrocity Exhibition by Danny Brown is so forward thinking and werid, it's kinda sad how it got overlooked by almost everyone. Sad he didn't released the most experimental tracks as singles, because they gave me chills. I pray this style will be influential in few years, kinda like 808s & Heartbreak was.
    HOPELESSNESS by ANOHNI, E MO TION: Side B by Carly Rae Jepsen, 22, A Million by Bon Iver and Oh No by Jessy Lanza are other faves

17. Freav

Freav BeakFreav

My favorite from 2016 would be Mitski's Puberty 2, followed (in no order) by Bowie, Dark Blue, Camp Cope, Radiohead, Joanna Wang, The Rutabega, Heron Oblivion amongst others.

18. Red Arrow :D

Red Arrow :D Proud Beneluxer

't Smidje from Laïs

19. PeppeRaskell1

PeppeRaskell1 Peanutized!!!

Albumwise, I've been listening to The Beatles, due mostly in part to a local radio program called "Ticket to Ride," which features their music. I've even ripped a few tracks from some of their albums onto my computer. I also borrowed the three LOTR soundtrack CDs from my local public library after hearing an excerpt of music from one of the films on WRTI from Philadelphia.

20. Dan's Revenge

Dan's Revenge Gooood kittyyyy

Numerous times I tend to listen to the same select songs from various artists, but have been exploring unfamiliar-to-me territories (genres I don't usually associate with) such as Lindsey Webster and Saint Etienne. Of the former I repeat at different times the first two tracks off her "Back to Your Heart" album which are the song of the cover's name itself and "Where Do You Want To Go". Of the latter, the two main songs I tend to stick with are from their Home Counties album, the songs being are "After Hebden" and "Whyteleaf". Saint Etienne is an English band from a very very not-well known city called... London (heh). In terms of Lindsey I love her soothing voice and the melody of the music played especially in the two songs mentioned. To me she sounds like a friend of mine of the same name (except for an A instead of an E in 'Lindsay' - I feel they sound similar. I've yet to let this friend know but I get her face instead of Webster's) Melody as well for the Saint Etienne songs. I'm not much of a music critique and can't expand a big reason why I like the songs I do and answer tends to be the same. I decided to share those particular four because I enjoy them the most right now.