1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

What a Cartoon Show

Discussion in 'Back To The Inkwell - Classic Cartoons Discussion' started by 90scartoonkid, Apr 21, 2007.

1. 90scartoonkid

90scartoonkid Member

what do you guys think of it coming to boomerang ?

2. Gusto the Punker

Gusto the Punker 80s cartoon fan

It's too recent to be on Boomerang, it's only 11-12 years old.

3. Deadman

Deadman Active Member

i am happy about it.

4. John Pannozzi

John Pannozzi Still Gritty after all these years

Except that if I'm not mistaken, Boomerang had shows from 1989 airing on it when it launched in 1999.

Anyhow, I'm all for it. This show is a real contemporary classic!:dexter: :deedee: :blossom: :bubbles: :bcup:

5. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Well-Known Member

Sure they can play it

6. Gusto the Punker

Boomerang launched in 2000, I don't recall seeing a single 80s show on there until maybe 2002-2003.

7. RoseBusch

RoseBusch Member

It's about TIME.

8. Darklordavaitor

Darklordavaitor Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I can say that I'm excited.

9. Allister Dolmus

I don't mind. Besides Boomerang is for classic cartoons not just cartoons that came out before 1980.

10. Red

Red Hmm

It seems their theory is anything over 10 years old (Dexter to Flintstones) or based off of an older cartoon (Justice League/Batman/Superman/Duck Dodgers).

11. Steve Carras

Steve Carras SUGAR RUSH!!!!

I'm not for it IMO since it is a Smurf-era non-Boomerang show. Frankly, why can't more of these be shown:
    Quick Draw
    Wally Gator
    Snagglepuss
    Jetsons
    Flinstones
    Ruff and Reddy

and why can't it just BE already carried on Charter (which is my carrier?:mad: :robin: )

12. Gusto the Punker

Umm...Steve, the Smurfs and this show are from 2 different eras.

I would love to see Ruff and Reddy, Wally Gator etc again but nowadays Boomerang is about appealing to the younger generations and they think kids would hate those shows but they are WRONG. My kids love the classic HB shows more than the current stuff.

13. Leviathan

Leviathan "It's against nature!"
    Staff Member Moderator

If Boomerang had no problem airing Cow and Chicken, Mike, Lu and Og, What's New Scooby Doo, and Baby Looney Tunes, then WAC is most definitely NOT too young for them.

I'd love for them to air this on Boomerang. I need to see No Smoking and the Pfish and Chip shorts in relatively decent quality again.

14. Ace Goodheart

Ace Goodheart Strong, Digilent, Fearless

Well, I expected the worse and hoped for the best..........and we got the worst.

Boomerang's edition of the "What a Cartoon Show" lacks the wraparounds and bumpers of the original CN show, and all of the shorts appear to be the last versions CN aired - meaning their "WHAT.A.C-C-C-CARTOON!" intros and music have been chopped off, replaced with that damn annoying "Cartoon Cartoons" conga instrumental (sans the "Cartoon Cartoons" vocal that is). Oddly, the last of the three shorts ("Yuckie Duck) retained the original WAC guitar instrumental in it's credits.

So yeah, while it's damn good seeing these shorts again, that little bit had me disappointed right there as I've been watching the WAC shorts since day one, February 20, 1995. Their unique wrap-arounds (first with the voting-emphasized "World Premiere Toons" then the "What a Cartoon" package) and catchy intro were really part of the experience. In the latter years when the "What a Cartoon" moniker was supplanted by "Cartoon Cartoons", CN tried to bring the old shorts into the new fold by altering them and it really didn't work out.

15. The Cartoon

The Cartoon Moderator

If Boomerang started adding good shows like Scooby-Doo, Laff-A-Lympics, and other great cartoons again, What A Cartoon Show would be ok. But it would be gidding rid of another good show if they keep Cow & Chicken and Mike Lou & Og. I watch Boomerang to bring back the memories of the classic cartoons and now the idiots that run Boomerang are taking away those memories. I am sure that everyone agrees with me there.

16. SB20xx

SB20xx Oooooh!
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Well that's... disappointing. That heavy metal intro really got me pumped.

17. Jon Cooke

Jon Cooke GAC!

Did the Yucky Duck cartoon not have any music over the opening titles, or was it just my cable system?

18. Ace Goodheart

Ace Goodheart Strong, Digilent, Fearless

I'm not sure, I'll check my recording.

And damn, I missed Sunday's episode!!! What was the lineup???

I figure that the shorts are running out of order to begin with. Or else we would've gotten the PPG pilot, the Dexter pilot and........what was the third one??? "Johnny Bravo"???

19. Kevin

Kevin Active Member

I missed most of it, but the last short that aired was "Buy One, Get One Free"

20. Jon Cooke

Jon Cooke GAC!

The other 2 cartoons were Dino in "Stay Out!" and some cartoon about a stupid western outlaw who was still in the 4th grade (don't remember the title).