1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Well....surprise surprise

Discussion in 'Platypus Comix' started by Peter Paltridge, Jun 20, 2006.

1. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

Last week the logo box said "Server Move June 13." That was the day the server company said it would be migrating my site's contents--which it didn't do. I still had plans to launch the boards and was worried a migration might mess them up, but decided I couldn't wait any longer.

So yeah....they finally showed up one day after launch. I just got this in the inbox:

If any weird glitches happen today, they're not my fault.

2. Peter Paltridge

Staff Member Moderator

Last week the logo box said "Server Move June 13." That was the day the server company said it would be migrating my site's contents--which it didn't do. I still had plans to launch the boards and was worried a migration might mess them up, but decided I couldn't wait any longer.

So yeah....they finally showed up one day after launch. I just got this in the inbox:

If any weird glitches happen today, they're not my fault.

3. Peter Paltridge

Staff Member Moderator

Sure enough, there's a problem now, though it doesn't affect you (but it will if they don't fix it). Nothing I upload to the server can be accessed through any browser, and no changes I make to any page can be seen on the site (the FTP will show the changed page, but what you see is still the same old one.)

As you might guess, this makes it impossible to add any sort of update to the site. I can only post on the forums right now.

4. Peter Paltridge

Staff Member Moderator

Sure enough, there's a problem now, though it doesn't affect you (but it will if they don't fix it). Nothing I upload to the server can be accessed through any browser, and no changes I make to any page can be seen on the site (the FTP will show the changed page, but what you see is still the same old one.)

As you might guess, this makes it impossible to add any sort of update to the site. I can only post on the forums right now.