1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome!!

Discussion in 'The Warner Bros. Club' started by Brian Cruz, Apr 30, 2001.

1. Brian Cruz

Brian Cruz Surf's Up

Welcome everyone to the new WBC! I know this board is very different from the old one, and that all the features may seem confusing or intimidating, so that's why I'm here to try and clear a few things up.

First of all, if you registered and don't seem to be able to post, make sure you got the e-mail the board sent out when you registered. It has a special link inside that you need to click on in order to complete your registration. If you're still having a problem with this, send an e-mail to me or Harley and we'll try to help you.

Second, you may notice lots of new buttons on the screen when you try to post a message. These buttons are there to help you add things like links, images, and text formatting. If you're not interested in doing any of those things, just ignore the buttons and type up your messages as usual. There's even an option to turn the buttons off in the control panel, if you really want to. Also, if you click on "reply" directly above an existing post, you may find that some text is already entered into your reply window. This is because of the quote feature. The text of the message you are replying to is quoted so that everyone can tell exactly what you are replying to. You can leave it there, delete the irrelevant parts, or just delete it all together.

Lastly, I'm sure you'll notice that the way this board displays messages is quite different from the old board. Most of you are used to seeing the replies directly under a post, and clicking on each one to read them. This board puts all the replies on one page, which is a better system for two reasons: 1) It saves you from clicking, and 2) it saves us from having to pay for excess bandwidth usage each month! But don't worry about trying to find the newest posts. There'll be a little downward-pointing arrow next to any message with new replies. Click on that to be taken to the first new reply since you last visited.

If anyone has questions about the new board, feel free to post them right here and someone will do their best to answer them. Enjoy the new board!

2. Roman Legion

Roman Legion Let's Make a Deal
    Staff Member Administrator

But...

I was gonna argue with that, but... nevermind.

Romey
    --Useless post # something or other.

3. Colin

Colin Oh... this is not good.
    Staff Member Administrator

Um... Romey... are you feeling okay?? I've never known you to back down from an argument before... well, okay... maybe once or twice... but this one had such potential!!

4. Danielle

Danielle Active Member

Aaaah!

Sbonk! Sbonk HE SAID IT AGAIN!!! And he made it his signature, too! (I think)

At least now I know what it means:p
    As for all the replies on one page...it's kinda confusing, but heck, this whole board's confusing to me! I'm just gonna let bygones be bygones and try to get used to it.

5. Sharklady

Sharklady Active Member

It's gonna take a while for me to get used to this new forum, but I can see it happening. So far my biggest problem has been with the Spell Check function- every time I try to use it, a window pops up telling me I've preformed an Illegal Operation, and I'm kicked out of Netscape. Maybe somebody in NS thinks people ought to use dictionaries instead.

I like the effect of posting those little graphics under the usernames. I shall look up how to go about posting those, tho, if it requires a Scanner, I'm afraid I shan't be able to take advantage.