Welcome to the NEW Story Board Workshops!

Discussion in 'Story Board Workshops' started by Matthew Williams, Jun 8, 2004.

1. Matthew Williams

Matthew Williams Owns A Homey The Clown Shirt

Okay, so you're thinking, wow, there's a subforum here at the Story Board? Why do we have one now? Well, if you've been to the Drawing Board, you know that their subforum is the Drawing Board Workshops, a place where artists can go and have their work critiqued and where they can participate in lessons and tutorials aimed to make them a better artist.

Substitute "writer" for "artist" and you've got what we're doing here. Over the next few weeks and months we're going to have information and tutorials on things ranging from the simple stuff like writing a simple prose story, to more complex formats such as writing scripts. We're here to offer advice, give constructive critism, and do everything we can to make you a better writer.

You may have also noticed that the World's Finest Writer's Corner, our sister-forum of sorts, has its own fairly new workshop forum as well. This is no accident: we're going to be working together with them in order to serve not only writers of original stories, but also writers of fan fiction. We'll be working side by side on paricular tutorials with them every so often, so keep your eyes on us both!

2. KitsuneSilver

KitsuneSilver The Darkness cometh...

Can we post lectures we write ourselves, if we want to? I.e., I've noticed over the years that more often then not, when I'm critiquing someone and pointing out issues, it's with style and/or grammar. I'd probably like to write a lecture on that.