1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Welcome to the Disney Animation Forum!

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by Eutychus, Jul 25, 2003.

1. Pietro

Pietro Member

I agree, a ToonZone MGM site would be great. The current one on Geocities stinks period. It's a shame that such a great studio got such poor treatment. :(

Anyway, the best feature about the Disney Encyclopedia is the commentary. Being able to comment on your favorite cartoons was always really cool. :cool:

-Pietro:donald: (I'll probably use the Donald smiley from now on whenever I post here, instead of my usual Daffy)

#21 Pietro, Jul 26, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2005
  2. Jon Cooke

Jon Cooke GAC!

What a difference a few years makes, huh?

Who would have thought that in 2003, we'd all own wonderful, unedited DVD sets of Silly Symphonies, B&W Mickey Mouse, and all the Goofy cartoons. Plus, a Donald Duck set and a WWII set on the way. :eek: :cool:

I hope they eventually reissue Make Mine Music and Melody Time... I still want those on DVD. :)

-Jon

3. Daniel P

Daniel P Member

Don't forget Saludos Amigos!

4. Jon Cooke

Jon Cooke GAC!

No offense to you Eutychus, but that board logo really bugs me. Why on Earth is that big guy from "Gargoyles" featured so prominently? He takes up most of the logo, and is featured more prominently than Mickey Mouse! :eek: :shrug:

-Jon

5. Brian Cruz

Brian Cruz Surf's Up

I made the logo (with some help), and let me tell you, it's tough finding clean, easy-to-cut-out images of classic Disney cartoons! That Mickey is really a screen grab from the menu of the "Mickey Mouse in Living Color" DVD. Donald is "borrowed" from the Toon Disney website. I really wanted to put the Three Little Pigs or the classic Chip and Dale in there, but I couldn't find anything good.

As for Goliath from Gargoyles, he has to be much larger than any of the other characters in there! I tried to keep everyone at their correct relative sizes. And Gargoyles was cool, gosh darn it!

6. BrooklynGuy78

BrooklynGuy78 Member

Well then, thanks for helping it out! This Disney animation board is competing against TTTP. I like both, Disney animation and TTTP. That made such a competition. I hope that this will make me happy! I hope Toon Disney has it on every weekend. The Olsen Twins cartoon series is now shown on weekends on Toon Disney. I have digital cable.

7. The Detective

The Detective Active Member

Yeah! Finally a Disney forum! I just have a question about talkbacks, can anyone post talkbacks for archive Disney movies? (Snow White, Lion King, Little Mermaid, The Rescuers etc.) Or are they a mod only thing? Come to think of if they're are probably quite a few of them over on the the General Animation board....

8. Brian Cruz

Brian Cruz Surf's Up

There might be. I know I moved talkbacks for Finding Nemo and Treasure Planet into this board. I'll be moving more threads later, so I'll know for sure eventually.

9. Sue_Jackson

Sue_Jackson Official Gatehead

Oh....yeah. :p Well, then I would like to see Mickey, Minnie, Goofy, Chip and Dale, Winnie the Pooh, Pigglet, Tigger, etc. :D

8(|:) <-----smiley wearing MM-ears ;)

10. Jackie Chun

Jackie Chun Member

I'm glad that Disney now has it's own section here.

11. Wanted

Wanted Toonmaster

Yes! This opens new doors towards a Nick forum (hint hint) and the renovation of the WBC to just include Warner Bros. cartoons.

I'm just so excited about this new forum!:D WOW! I love it!

Can I be a mod for the Nick forum when you make it?

Edit: This Rocks!

12. Killtacular

Killtacular the race wars had begun

When?

More like, "In the slim chance that".

13. Wanted

Wanted Toonmaster

Well, if this happened, anything can happen. And can I or anyone for that matter be a mod for this forum? I mean, there's only one mod here. (I probably wouldn't do anything because of school).

That's a big hint to make a Nick site and a forum to coincide with it.
    Bring back the Cartoon Cartoon Fansite!
    If Toonami and AS (blocks on CN) can have a forum, CC, Boomerang (which deserves one bad) and SVES deserve some too. And then Cartoon Network Forum would just be used to talk about conventional CN shows.

You know what, just ignore this after you read it. Pretend like you don't want to respond to it.

14. The Detective

The Detective Active Member

*fights urge and responds anyway* Asking to be a mod generally isn't the best way to become one. Though this board will be needing a couple mods so ya' never know. :anime:

15. Brian Cruz

Brian Cruz Surf's Up

Being a courteous, knowledgeable, and helpful contributor to a given forum is the easiest path to becoming a mod. It also helps to show that you can prevent arguments, placate egos, and be around a lot. You know how it just "feels " like some should be a mod? That's how they do it; by becoming a valued member of the community.

16. Thad Komorowski

Thad Komorowski undecided

"That's-a-right, that's a-the old-a stuff-a, a-keedo! He's a smarta fellow witha brains, ah? Like ah-me!" :p

I'm also guessing I'd be able to be a suitable moderator, if it weren't for my age... :shrug: Not that I care, and either way, this will probably be the second board I regularly visit on Toon Zone... It seems the ones I pick have the least trouble makers, therefore least moderators... :anime:

BTW, Brian, did you get my PM? Let me know what you think... ;) :woody:

17. Jave

Jave Beware of the SPLAT
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Great idea making this forum, hope we keep it safe and sane. ;)

"The Encyclopedia of Disney Animated Shorts" is a great site, and I'm glad it's now at Toonzone.

- Javier :chilly:

18. The Penguin

The Penguin All Hail the King!
    Staff Member Moderator

Welcome once again to TZ, Eutychus. A Disney site and forum is just what we needed around here. You will make a great addition.

And Brian, if it makes you feel any better, I like the logo. ;)

In case anyone is wondering this forum already has talkbacks for...
    Finding Nemo
    The Jungle Book 2
    Lilo & Stitch
    Treasure Planet

You can of course find all these listings in The Entertainment Board's Movie Talkback Thread Collection. ;)
    That's all provided I make it over here enough though. :shrug:

19. Viper

Viper I'll Never Forget You Two!

I'll be glad to post whenever I get a chance to. Even though I don't watch much Disney as I used to, there are still shows that I still like. I can't wait for the Lilo & Stitch series to start in September! ;)

20. DarthGonzo

DarthGonzo Fourteen Years!

I want to add my opinions on this. Perhaps what Jon meant in his post is "Why is Goliath there at all?" Look, I know Gargoyles was a popular show, but it's history. Where is Goofy in the logo? Or characters from Aladdin? Or Simba? Or dozens of other Disney characters for that matter? It just doesnt look right to me. Rufus looks out of place in the logo as well. But that's all I'm going to say on the subject, aside from the fact that Goliath's prominence in the logo makes it appear as if he's top dog in the Diseny universe. Mickey should be there, in all his glory.