Welcome to the Disney Animation Forum!

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by Eutychus, Jul 25, 2003.

1. Eutychus

Eutychus Member

We're just here to give the guys over in Termite Terrace a little competition. ;)

I've introduced myself before so there's no need to go over the detals again. This forum is the MB for "The Encyclopedia of Disney Animated Shorts" which is now live at ToonZone. (http://disneyshorts.toonzone.net) We're expanding the breadth of the forum description though. While the site only covers Disney short subjects and a few television entries, this forum will include ALL Disney animation, including feature films, television animation, commercials and what have you. We'll try to keep it light, but serious. The one thing we don't want is discussions of "Di$ney" or "Disney : The Evil Empire." This is not to say that negative opinions will not be allowed, but we do want to keep it on the topic of animation and not venture into any other Disney areas. This is a bit new for me too. Even though I've moderated MBs before this is the first full Disney one I've started so we'll see how this goes as we mosey along.

Beyond that, we're open for business! Welcome and have fun!

2. Roman Legion

Roman Legion Let's Make a Deal
    Staff Member Administrator

This should hopefully make a lot of people quite happy. :D

--Romey

3. SNS

SNS "I am..."

Yay! It's here :D

I'm surprised that the "The Encyclopedia of Disney Animated Shorts" has become a part of Toonzone, I remember I used to visit that site & it's boards. I used to be known there as "Super Secret Mario". I wonder if anyone that used to post on those boards will come to these.

#3 SNS, Jul 26, 2003
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 26, 2003
  4. Tienshin

Tienshin LOL INTERNET >:'D

I have no idea what you are talking about. Who is Disney?

JK

Now you have the "pow-wah"

5. Animation Otaku

Animation Otaku Active Member

Will this board only cover traditional disney stuff. Or Pixar too?

6. Killtacular

Killtacular the race wars had begun

As you can see in the logo, Pixar's films FOR DISNEY are certainly up for discussion.

I don't know if general Pixar discussion would be allowed though. They're not Disney. And in a couple of films, they'll be wanting to disassociate themselves from Disney as much as possible. I'm not a mod for this forum but I think it only makes sense to simply discuss the following Pixar films and no other Pixar projects:

Toy Story
    A Bug's Life
    Toy Story 2
    Monsters Inc
    Finding Nemo
    The Incredibles
    Cars (is that still the name?)

7. Tommy Lawson

Tommy Lawson Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

This is a great forum idea. I have one request though- move the favorite ABC Kids cartoon poll from WBC here, since they are all Disney animation shows, and would help drive traffic to this forum.

8. The Dork Knight

The Dork Knight The saddles do what now?

Great site! It's great that your site is a part of the ToonZone family!:)

- The Dork Knight

9. Lucky Bob

Lucky Bob I'M BRIAN BLESSED

Well, who woulda ever thunk it? A Disney site, AND board in ToonZone. And strangely enough, I rather like it!

Welcome to the crib!

10. STASHONE

STASHONE MF Toon

Nice, I was a member of the old Teemings forums before they bit the dust.

11. Eutychus

Eutychus Member

It's nice to see some of the people who were on the old board re-appear over here since that one went defucnt. I do have to apologize for the abrupt way that it disappeared. The company who provided the board decided to stop doing MBs completely and never contacted me at all until I decided to ask them why their server was down all of the time. Ah well, live and learn.

12. Sue_Jackson

Sue_Jackson Official Gatehead

Hmmm....very nice. I always thought there should be a forum for Disney fans. I've been a Disney fan ever since I was a baby. Great forum! :anime:

I wonder if it's possible to get some Disney smileys. You know Mickey, Minnie, Donald, Goofy, Chip and Dale, etc..... :D

13. Daniel P

Daniel P Member

There is already a Donald smiley under "Classic Cartoons." :donald:

14. Pietro

Pietro Member

Excellent job!

I always had a great respect for the Disney Encyclopedia.
    This board looks great.

I wish you guys plenty of luck on this new board and welcome to the TZ family!

-Pietro:daffy:

15. Thad Komorowski

Thad Komorowski undecided

It's always great to see another classic cartoon site on Toon Zone. Welcome aboard! :cool: :donald:

16. Jon Cooke

Jon Cooke GAC!

I agree! It's great to see the Disney shorts site on Toon Zone. I also used to post to the Disney Shorts board a lot before it got filled with SPAM and then disappeared. :(

Hope we see some new Disney smilies, too. :donald:

The Disney Shorts Encyclopedia is still one of the best sites on the Internet... and it even served as an inspiration for Thad, Pietro, and myself when we put together Toon Zone's encyclopedia devoted to the animated shorts of the other Walt. ;) :woody:

-Jon

17. Eutychus

Eutychus Member

Hey, Jon! Yes, I looked at the Lantz site yesterday and thought the format looked familiar. ;) There's another site that also uses the same format for the MGM Shorts, although he hasn't updated it in quite a while. It would also make a nice addition to ToonZone but there would be a little overlap with the Lantz site.

I should also mention that Jon created the graphic we used back when we were petitioning Roy Disney to start releasing the shorts unedited after "Make Mine Music" was released with the entire "Martins and the Coys" segment cut out. I'm not sure if we can take complete credit for the fact that most of the current shorts showing up on DVD are now unedited, but it seemed to have made a little dent.

18. SNS

SNS "I am..."

Which one? The old board that you had to click on individual posts or the newer one that used a board system similar to this? I know the older one had that problem but it didn't just disappear (After the newer one opened, he left the old one open for awhile). The newer one just disappeared but I don't know if it ever had that problem (I wasn't there during the last days of it's existance).

19. Eutychus

Eutychus Member

I'm pretty sure he's talking about our first one which didn't require any registration and got overrun by oriental spammers who were trying to sell us ceramic widgets or something.

20. Thad Komorowski

Thad Komorowski undecided

An MGM site on Toon Zone would be great, except if it wasn't just a copy-and-paste from the IMDB... :rolleyes:

I've always found the Disney encyclopedia a handy reference, especially when I find a rare video, and need to know it's contents right away. And now it's got an easily memorized address! :cool: :donald: