1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Weird Al Yankovic's album "Mandatory Fun" top Billboard 200

Discussion in 'The Musiquarium' started by stephane dumas, Jul 24, 2014.

1. stephane dumas

stephane dumas Well-Known Member

"Wierd Al" Yankovic's newest album "Mandatory Fun" had reached the #1 top album at the Billboard 200, it's the first time then Wierd Al reached the Billboard 200.
    Weird Al Yankovic's 'Mandatory Fun' Tops Billboard Chart

2. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Well-Known Member

I heard this on the radio this morning. Congrats to him. Maybe I should check it out. I haven't listened it much Weird Al since my brother went through a phase around 2006- ish.

3. BartWinkle

BartWinkle Active Member

Used to listen to Weird Al in the '80s. Always thought his parodies were often better than the songs he spoofed.

4. The Old Maid

The Old Maid Voice in the wilderness

A little late to the party, but this album deserves more attention. Weird Al asks permission from the people he parodies, and they tend to respond that they're honored by the request.

"Handy" -- parodies Iggy Azalea's "Fancy" with the handyman of all trades.

"Foil" -- the obligatory food song, with a side slide into time to change the foil in one's hat.

"Word crimes" -- parody of "Blurred lines," and some of Al's best work of all time.

"Mission Statement" -- music in the style of "Judy Blue Eyes Suite," lyrics a run-on sentence of corporate buzzwords.

"(Really) Inactive" -- ("Radioactive"), a couch potato "pretty sad for my age / can't find my ribcage here at this stage."

"First World Problems" -- in the style of The Pixies, about the woes of having bought too many groceries for the refrigerator and such like.

HIGHLY RECOMMENDED!