1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Toonzone News WB Launches Boomerang Streaming Service Hosting Over 5,000 Classic Cartoons

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by Peter Paltridge, Mar 7, 2017.

1. SparkleMan

SparkleMan Well-Known Member

Wacky Races 2017 or 1960s?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2. Dan's Revenge

Dan's Revenge Gooood kittyyyy

The new 2017 series

3. SparkleMan

SparkleMan Well-Known Member

WOO YEAH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. Mandouga

Mandouga Well-Known Member

Yeah. The original show just has 13 half-hour shows with 2 stories each.

However, 12 episodes of the newer show? And at 11-12 minutes each, that's not enough for what would otherwise be a half hour series on TV.

Spanish audio, huh? Does this mean I could watch "Los Autos Locos" or "Los Picapiedra" (The Flintstones) , or "Los Supersonicos" (The Jetsons) if I wanted to?

5. Dan's Revenge

17 half-hours of 2 11 minute episodes each. Who's counting though? :p (other than me)

There's bound to be more episodes on the way. They tend to do most stuff in sections like for example Be Cool Scooby-Doo! they originally only added the first 13 of S1 before finally adding the last half at a later time. I don't mind them doing it that way as it gives us something to look forward to later (whether or not we like the series) rather than say - put the whole season out at once and have to wait longer (possibly) before new (new-new or new-to-app) episodes show up.

6. Mandouga

Mandouga Well-Known Member

Yeah, I looked it up some time later. My mistake.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. New Looney Tunes

3 New Episodes of Dorothy and the Wizard of Oz Now Available

8. New Looney Tunes

New Movies: Yogi's Great Escape

9. New Looney Tunes

Season 2 of The Tom and Jerry Show premiere on Boomerang Streaming Service
    13 Episodes

10. PF9

PF9 Member

When are eps 27-39 of NLT coming?

11. Dan's Revenge

Could be in the coming weeks since they usually only post how-many-ever to one show weekly. No kind of schedule released that shows us what is to come so we're left with surprise which isn't a bad thing.

12. Toon4Thought

Toon4Thought Giving a slightly closer look.

Even then, you can't deny that the fans of that show have been waiting for ages.

13. Dan's Revenge

'Tis true. They should at least get the core 4 (NLT, BCSD, TT&JS, Bunnicula) that were on CN/Boom through given the ridiculous waits. At least recently TT&JS had something. They'd still have plenty of classics (including past CN originals) to bring in season by season including small handfuls of episodes of their newest shows. They simply have more than enough.

• Like Like x 1
  14. Darklordavaitor

Darklordavaitor Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

The app has really been skimping on its new releases. There are thousands of hours of older material, and plenty of newer stuff to put on, but at this point, we're only getting small sprinkles of it. I'm not crazy about it tbh.

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Dan's Revenge

Partly what has refrained me any interest to get it. I feel like when 'the time is right' I'll be out of being able to take advantage of the intro offer. Kind of surprised it's still an option. No clue when they'll say adios to it.

If they could do some daily uploads of different shows per day - even if as small as 6-7 episodes (not necessarily full seasons and regardless of length of time) I think I'd sway the option to get it because at least there'd be something newly uploaded everyday to watch instead of weekly.

I do also wish they'd properly manage certain cartoons they upload. Some aren't in proper categories. "Ventriloquist Cat" as seen occasionally on Tom & Jerry (before rebrand - don't recall seeing it since though I may have and forgot) is included in whatever set of T&J cartoons. On the same note with T&J, do wish they'd put them in order of release date. There's some mixed from whatever studio between the few sets. In all honestly it shouldn't matter too much because it's still T&J, but most other shows are properly added by release. Small nitpick but a personal wish.

16. ToonJay723

ToonJay723 Bingo Bongo

I have to agree the slow releases are annoying. BCSD aired its last episode in Australia a few days ago. There's no excuse why it isn't on the service yet.

17. Commander Beeper

Commander Beeper Watchdog

I did a little image hunting on Boomerang's image server. Managed to find that the following are planned for inclusion at some point in the future:
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]

18. New Looney Tunes

If look at the Scooby-Doo section on the Boomerang app, Boomerang is going to do something called Scoob-tober. There will be new episodes of Bunnicula, Dorothy,Wacky Races,Courage the Cowardly Dog,and Scooby Doo

19. New Looney Tunes

ADE0C4CB-0AEC-40AD-A0D4-C7092CDE8F67.jpeg Scoob-Tober Coming Soon To Boomerang
    This image is from their streaming service in the Scooby-Doo Section.

• Informative Informative x 2
  20. Checkerboard

Checkerboard THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS

I kinda like it. Glad Courage is there too. But I don't like they're relying so much on Scooby-Doo. Didn't they have a Scooby-related Halloween even last year or the year before? Not to mention it's been done to death on CN proper in the 90s/2000s. Scooby is great and it's nice other shows, mainly the new ones, will be a part of this stunt. Still, I'm hoping that next year they'll do something else. Scooby is just too safe. They can get more creative than that - although with the new Scooby series being worked on I sadly doubt it.