1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Toonzone News WB Launches Boomerang Streaming Service Hosting Over 5,000 Classic Cartoons

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by Peter Paltridge, Mar 7, 2017.

1. Daffyrocks

Daffyrocks Woo-hoo-hooo!

I like it when you don't have to pay to watch your favourite shows...

2. New Looney Tunes

#322 New Looney Tunes, Jul 22, 2017
    Last edited: Jul 22, 2017
  3. Yippee Coyote

Yippee Coyote Graphic Novelist

4. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

Hearing Boomerang at SDCC was so unexpected.

5. PF9

PF9 Member

They should add The Dukes to the service. Granted it's based off a property WB has always owned but it's still Hanna-Barbera.

6. New Looney Tunes

New Show:Scooby Doo! and Scrappy Doo

7. JaredCap43™

JaredCap43™ Cringey Network

Ahhh Scrappy...

8. New Looney Tunes

New Episodes: Tom and Jerry Kids

• Like Like x 1
  9. Elijah Abrams

Elijah Abrams Just deal with it!

OH YEAH! "It's the Tom. And. Jerry Kids! Gotta be there where the action iiiis"

10. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

The Jetsons is coming on Thursday.

11. Checkerboard

Checkerboard THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS

Shame they didn't add them on a Tuesday. That'd be funny...

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. New Looney Tunes

New Show:The Jetsons
    New Playlists: Most Watched

13. Dan's Revenge

Dan's Revenge Gooood kittyyyy

Checked that out. Noticed most of them are first episodes and usually are the first ones checked out by default given they're at the very top left of the first page. (One example of not a first episode is the 2nd episode of Dorothy which is 3rd from the top, after the trailer and 1st episode) Likely over time those same episodes from new subscribers will continue to be checked out first as well, so personally I believe that makes such a playlist idea not necessary.

What I am curious about however is how many plays those videos have had since each first appeared on the site. Likely numbers we wont find out regardless.

14. Daffyrocks

Daffyrocks Woo-hoo-hooo!

The site doesn't have a views number like Youtube, so yeah. We're unlucky

15. New Looney Tunes

At least we know what shows are popular on Boomerang Streaming Service,but I am surprise that New Looney Tunes made it into the top 13 Most Watched Show.

I know Boomerang Steaming Service has over 1,000,000 downloads on Google Play for sure because it say it , and on Apple probably has over 1,000,000 downloads and people also downloaded it on Roku,Fire Tv, Chromecast,Apple Tv so even more downloads.

16. Mandouga

Mandouga Well-Known Member

Okay, so I was wondering about something, and decided to take a chance on Wacky Races, and sure enough, the opening and ending sequences are there (the end sequence even brings back the ending narration that was cut from the syndicated version). However, the end sequence appears at the end of each segment. I think Hollywood from 2 Stupid Dogs (who was called "Mr. H" in one of the Kenny Fowler stories) said it best:

I sincerely doubt that that was the way it was shown on network TV when it originally aired in 1968. Even if this was how Wacky Races appeared on the DVD release (which it might be), that still doesn't excuse it. I mean, the theatrical shorts are one thing, but these are TV shows made by Hanna-Barbera (and yes, Cartoon Network Studios), which (as far as I know*) were shown on TV as half hour shows, even if they didn't consist of a single hour episode. For these reasons, my previous position still stands: this service currently doesn't distinguish between half-hour shows and individual segments, and we should be able to choose how we want to watch any and all half hour shows that have 2 or 3 segments. In other words, if (in the admittedly, unlikely scenario) the people behind the Boomerang streaming service are somehow reading this, this is what I would say: "nice try, but it won't work".

Oh, and by the way, The Jetsons (from the two episodes I've seen, anyway) is the syndicated version from the 1980s, complete with the re-recorded opening theme, the added episode title cards, the commercial bumpers, and the replaced ending sequence, which is kind of a step backward from how it aired on the Boomerang TV channel.

*Admittedly, even I'm not sure if, say, the individual Yogi Bear segments were shown by themselves as first. I honestly don't think they were, and this is around the time that shows like The Funny Company (a non Hanna-Barbera show) were being shown in syndication as part of other shows (usually local live-action shows).

17. New Looney Tunes

New Episodes: The Flinstones
    Playlist: Back the School

18. Checkerboard

Checkerboard THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS

They should have a poll where people can vote each month what shows they want to see next.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. New Looney Tunes

Wacky Races Episode 1 Now Available Free
    New Movie: The Jetsons meet The Flintstones The Movie

20. New Looney Tunes

12 New Episodes Wacky Races Now Available
    Boomerang Streaming Service is now available with Spanish audio and the ability to download videos to go