1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

WB Censored Eleven DVD

Discussion in 'Back To The Inkwell - Classic Cartoons Discussion' started by 90stoonfan, May 4, 2013.

1. DVDLooney

DVDLooney Active Member

Given the paranoia over the "Casanova Cat" and "Mouse Cleaning" for the Tom and Jerry Golden Collection volume 2, i doubt they have WB Censored 11 DVDs sold anywhere. The reason being us, as Looney Tunes enthusiasts aren't their viewing audience. They're releasing new media, but for different audience, and I think that's their biggest mistake cause they won't re-release Un-PC media due to some people getting paranoid of that.

2. Jinxey77

Jinxey77 New Member

I guess not
    I think Jerry could convince the Archive to release the other cartoons

3. Hashtag Hashim

Hashtag Hashim New Member

I contacted Jerry Beck, and he confirmed that the reason they're not releasing the Censored 11 is due to:

1. Cultural sensitivities
    2. The DVD market is dying
    3. ANY classic cartoon DVDs would not manage to make enough money to be financially worthwhile

From what he said, it seems like there won't be any new LT home video releases EVER again.

He can't convince Warner because it is practically certain that it would not sell, no matter how much us collectors want it.

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Kevin Mo

Kevin Mo @Bugssponge

Yeah your right, although the cultural sensitivities shouldn't be a problem despite there being a disclaimer on it. If you wanna complain don't buy it.

They should release it they already wasted money already adding it for release. That could possibly be the last DVD.

I'm hoping they can be restored. We gotta inspire a new generation. Warner should add these cartoons to Netflix like they did with animaniacs.

5. laserdisc86

laserdisc86 New Member

If the content is all ready to be packaged and sold, but they consider the DVD market for these products dead... why not release them digitally or on demand?

If you spent all this money on restoring these shorts, but don't think you are going to make enough money back, why sit on it? Release it digitally or on-demand, then at least you'd make something back!

Very, very sad if they won't release any further cartoons on DVD or Blu-ray. There are tons of content on VHS and laserdisc which would be lovely to have on DVD or Blu-ray. These cartoons and their original elements will fade away, and if no restoration is planned, these could be lost forever.

I don't think Warner helped the home video market by re-releasing the same content again and again, confusing customers and forcing them to double-dip with new compilations with little new content. What a shame. :(

• Agree Agree x 1