1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

WB Announces Porky Pig 101, The First Chronological Looney Tunes DVD

Discussion in 'Toonzone News Comments' started by peter-paltridge, Aug 16, 2017.

1. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Knows about rock people
    Staff Member Moderator

2. ToonReel

ToonReel Active Member

Chronological appearance-by-appearance DVD sets? That's gonna be a tougher job, though if we get it over in Europe, I may just buy if they can achieve it. Hope at least a second one gets approved (which will likely cover 1944-1965 and hopefully revival shorts), that covers a lot of great Porky/Daffy shorts (I want Daffy Doodles remastered already!).

It's nice they started with Porky rather than the more predictable route of Bugs. The pig needs more love.

One thing though, if they do these for many characters, won't many shorts cross over, especially if they make a Daffy set after this one?

3. Toon4Thought

Toon4Thought Giving a slightly closer look.

Considering how downright revolutionary Looney Tunes was to the entire medium of animation (even to this day), I am quite surprised we are only now getting something like this. You're not going to hear me complaining though.

It looks like they are even going chronological by character, since Porky was the first truly big star of the series.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. ZanyLogic5

ZanyLogic5 Active Member

Not to mention that rumor where it's said that he's disliked by the people at WB.

• Agree Agree x 1