1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Warner Bros. Studio Stores 1990-2001

Discussion in 'The Warner Bros. Club' started by dth1971, Mar 27, 2008.

1. Craig Crumpton

Craig Crumpton This is a close-up?

Yes, but their overall locations have been drastically reduced. They closed over 150 stores in 2008. One of the letters I received on the status of the bankruptcy proceedings in January stated that Disney stores were going into liquidation in 2009. But it wasn't specific on whether that applied to all Disney Stores or specific locations. I don't care much either way.

I think I'm going to pull the Disney Store discussion out of this thread and into the Disney forum to avoid hijacking this thread any further. And it's my fault it went that direction earlier in the thread, so my apologies to all.

And back on topic: wiley207 -- who's the manufacturer of that mask? And what year?

I found a Coyote figurine from the 1960's in a discount bag of misc toys at Goodwill a few months ago. It was missing the tail, but when I saw the date on the bottom I couldn't resist picking it up. I've since found Porky and Daffy figures from the same series.

2. wiley207

wiley207 Well-Known Member

It was manufactured by Illusive Concepts in 1993. Illusive Concepts was bought out by the Paper Magic Group, which also now owns Topstone and Don Post Studios.

In the early-to-mid 1990s, Ghost Rider Productions also made some latex Looney Tunes masks as well. They made ones of Daffy, Sylvester and Taz. A couple of years ago a Sylvester mask from them came up on eBay and my friend tried bidding on it, only to be outbid by some selfish rare mask collector that paid $200 for it!

But back on topic, my Wile E. Coyote mask is starting to show its' age. The latex is starting to decay and it is rather sticky on the inside. I hope to maybe purchase a brown hood of sorts and some other materials and use it for a real Wile E. Coyote fursuit in the future. Since then I have shifted more attention to my Disney Big Bad Wolf mask that I wore last Halloween (manufactured by Don Post Studios in 1992).

3. sun

sun You stay, I go

Yes, I purchased items there.

I bought a number of items there. A couple of tee shirts, some Animaniacs stuffed Yacco, Wacco, and Dot, and an animation drawing from the Animaniacs ep titled, "Potty Emergency"
    The way that drawing is signed and shown you see the actual drawing on the cell of Wacco and the background too. I was very very lucky to have the money and get the one that I wanted. :wakko:...yep that is Wacco..
    sun

4. takineko

takineko I can do that with a pancake!

Hey guys! I just found some great swag at a flea market!

The first is a picture frame I recognize from the WB studio store, with the Brain on it, a huge magnet with lightning like energy across the top of the photo area. I got it for 2 bucks and despite being a bit dirty, it's in perfect condition.

The second I think was probably won from a game at Six Flags or something. It's a rather large plush of Little Beeper from Tiny Toons! It's a little dirty, but it looks great too! The neck and tail are a little floppy, but it's very cute!

5. Strong Suck

Strong Suck Member

Thanks for reminding me. If I ever go to South Shore Plaza again, I should pick up plushes of Mickey and Minnie, and maybe make their Kingdom Hearts clothes. Of course, that's because Disney and Square Enix never even made a "Kingdom Hearts Plush Arts" Collection. While you're at it, you can relocate this post to the Disney Store Thread.

6. dth1971

dth1971 Active Member

The Disney Store is closing down before 2009 is over???

7. Keeper

Keeper Active Member

Oh yeah! I have that one somewhere. Never had a picture in it though. I think my mom must have given it to me as a gift back in the day.

8. Strong Suck

Strong Suck Member

The only thing I bought from there (other than a Warner Bros. Ball cap) was a plushie of Michigan J. Frog, which I still have in great condition. I could've bought Buster or Babs Bunny, but then, they would've ended up suffering a deal, from lack of clothing, or something. I know my first Yakko plush suffered, after removing the pants from him.

9. J. B. Warner

J. B. Warner Increasing my wordiness

...I'm curious, and yet, at the same time, I don't want to know.

10. Strong Suck

Strong Suck Member

Well, the pants aren't meant to be removed, because the belt is sewn into the body at key points, and when undone, the seams in the plush's back opens.

11. Darklordavaitor

Darklordavaitor Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

And you ripped them off why, Yoshi? Any fascination you want to share with the class?

12. Strong Suck

Strong Suck Member

No idea, really. And I was younger. I was curious about removable clothing on the plushes. I mean, the Wakko plushes had a removable shirt, with the hat binded onto his head, and the Dot plushes had removable skirts and panties.

But I don't think this thread should be derailed more than it would be. So, why don't we get back on topic, okay?

#72 Strong Suck, May 20, 2009
    Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2009
  13. Keeper

Keeper Active Member

Redressing the plushies was reasonably common. A girl I knew had replaced Yakko's pants with a grass skirt (and put a lei on him). Another fan dressed a Wakko plushie in Babs Bunny's clothes plus Dot's underwear, thus creating "Wakkette". I'm sure I saw other examples, but those are the two that come to mind immediately.

14. Strong Suck

Strong Suck Member

The only downside of Yakko's belt is that it doesn't go back on the pants, but it can be rectified with one thing: velcro.

15. DeanBurrito25

DeanBurrito25 Well-Known Member

Ooh I remember! It had these giant Bugs and Daffy statues at the front of the store. And they were wearing top hats and suits. :p

16. Darklordavaitor

Darklordavaitor Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I hope you guys don't mind if I bump this thread, but I've been on a Warner kick lately, and doing so has given me a bit of nostalgia for the Warner Bros. Store.

Some stuff I have with me now are two coffee mugs I picked up from my local flea market a couple of months ago. Both were made in 1998 and one has various Looney Tunes characters lined up with creepy smiles- Pepe, Marvin, Bugs, Taz, Daffy(who has more of a reluctant smirk than anything), Wile E Coyote, Tweety, and Sylvester- and is in light green, while the other has the Warners as well as Brain and Pinky in what seems like stock poses in light blue. I sit these mugs alongside my Dexter's Laboratory mug which I got from the Cartoon Network Store in Atlanta back in 2007 along with a Mickey Mouse Club one I got from a Target in Orlando a few weeks ago. I'm thinknig of collecting more coffee mugs with cartoon characrers on them to go alongside these.

I don't even drink coffee, but the concept intrigues me anyway.:p

I also have a white gift box from the store in 1996 with Bugs on top of the WB logo. My mother found this for me a couple of months ago doing thrift shopping and gave it to me. I'll probably look around various thrift stores tomorrow to find more old merchandise.

I also have a plushes from the store- Scooby-Doo, Tweety, Superman, Fred Flintstone, and Astro. I had to take what I could get in these regards(I wanted Dino the Christmas I got Scooby:sad:), but I still have them all somewhere. I actually found another one from the store at a thrift store the other week; the Witch of the East. I would have bought it for completion's sake, but I never quite cared for The Wizard of Oz, and my target objective for the day was to find PVC figures of Disney Afternoon characters(I hit paydirt later that day, btw). If I go back to that place and still find it, then I'll consider buying it.

What old WBSS merchandise do you guys still have? I'll tell you what I find next time I go looking around for stuff.

17. LDEJRuff

LDEJRuff Wish-making dog lover

I don't mind.

Anyways, I'm sorry that they all closed down in the US. Maybe, when the economy gets a little better, some of the US stores will open back up for business.

And I've read on Wikipedia that some stores are still open in China and Australia. Ni-hao and G'day.

I remember going to a WBSS in a mall in Louisville, KY. I also remember getting those two Christmas presents that my aunt gave me back in '96, it was a Yakko Warner doll and a Brain doll. I eventually got a few Beanbag dolls to go with them (Wakko, Dot, and Pinky). Anyway, I'm just glad I got those five dolls to remember the store by. Oh, those were the memories.

18. Southern Dandy

Southern Dandy Opponent

I live in Canada, so I could only go to a Warner Brothers Store when visiting relatives in the U.S. as a child. If I'd known they were only temporary, I would have taken advantage of the opportunity to shop there more and bought a lot! Whenever I go to the Disney Store, I find there's very little I'm interested in, but I can imagine tons of Warner stuff I would buy.

The only thing I definitely remember buying was a Tazmanian Devil in a leather jacket. It's one of my most prized possessions now. I brought it to school in the sixth grade and this girl I had a huge crush on asked if she could have it and I said no! That's how much I love it. :D

[​IMG]

I have a few more products that I'm pretty sure were sold in the Warner Brothers store - Marc Antony and Pussyfoot plushes, and Robin, Batman, Superman, Penguin, The Riddler, and The Joker plushes with plastic heads, but I got them all in other stores on or E-bay.

19. mimitchi33

mimitchi33 Kyupikon!

It sounds like it was a good store!
    I wish it was still open today, so I could buy Animaniacs mechandise!

Was this it?
    [​IMG]
    It does have the same artwork!

Maybe some Animaniacs/Tiny Toons shorts/episode clips?

OMG sun! You have a animation cell? Those cost hundreds these days!

20. brickrrb2

brickrrb2 Active Member

THIS was Kids WB, How it breaks the heart that it has been reduced to a simple website and replaced by a lackluster Toonami wannabe