1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Warner Bros is Unappealing

Discussion in 'The Warner Bros. Club' started by GlassCake, Jan 4, 2016.

1. GlassCake

GlassCake Member

It's just a huge disappointment for the studio to revive several of their classic hits into abominations.

I can't go through one day of CN or Nick without watching a commercial for a new direct to video release of a new Tom & Jerry or Scooby Doo movie. It's annoying. It's not only the animation, but the writing direction, voice direction and the structure.

The Looney Tunes Show was pretty good in principal and the songs are indeed catchy, but seriously; WHY DO WE HAVE TO RESORT TO A SITCOM FORMAT? How is that popular with the audience? I'm not a fan of the sitcom concept, and while it does have potential of standing off as maybe a potential alternative world where the LT have retired their lives as cartoon characters, it still no good. The original Laff Riot idea was top notch and made perfect use for Merrie Melodies and Wily E Coyote. And why did the S1 design made Bugs' fur purple? Purple really? Glad they changed it.

Wabbit is fine in moderation but I'm not a fan of the character design changes and the unnecessary added sidekicks. You know? I was originally going to be super disappointed when I saw some promotional images of the show because they looked like there done in Flash. I thought Renegade Animation was gonna do it like they did with the Tom & Jerry Show which was weak. But I was surprised that they still continued to make it hand drawn.

I liked how the animation in the Scooby cartoons changed from classic 90s designs to the What's New Scooby Doo design and later to the Mystery Inc. design and then changed to crappy, character models based upon there original 1960s appearances. Very disappointed. That goes the same for Flintstones. Mystery Inc. was a good show or adding more of a dark humor and character changes that break the status quo such as Daphne quitting Inc. and Fred running away and becoming a hobo.

AND DONT GET ME STARTED ON BE COOL SCOOBY DOO!!!!

Folks, can Warners make a decent original comedy please? DO WE REALLY NEED MORE SCOOBY DOO? MORE LOONEY TUNES? MORE TOM & JERRY? MORE FLINTSTONES????? Are they really that strapped with ideas? Warners should just stop putting up too much on the DC Universe and HB's library and make good original concepts like Road Rovers and Detention.

Cryin' shame. I just hope Seth MacFarlane's Flintstones turns out in the future. The show was never meant to be for kids in the first place anyway. They smoked cigarettes in the 60s for crying out loud. If it wasn't for Pebbles being born, we wouldn't have heard them.

Oh well.

2. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

So, do you want more Flintstones or not?

Anyway, Mike Tyson Mysteries is their most recent original series. They also supposedly have a project for Disney XD, surprisingly enough, and the upcoming Bunnicula shows promise. (Sure, it's also an adaptation, but not culled from the H-B library again.)

3. Scoobfan69

Scoobfan69 Member

The only HB shows that have had any reboots in the post ten years or more are tom and jerry and Scooby-Doo. There is going to be a reboot of Wacky Races later this year and they did come out with a Flintstones wwe movie and A Top Cat movie but that's it. HB has a lot more cartoons then those four and they do not own Looney tunes. Also the only time they show an ad for a sd or t & j movie is if one is coming out or just came out. They have not shown commercials like like that for a little since no movies have come out recently. Also the Flintstones is not just for adults.

4. GlassCake

GlassCake Member

Not if WB is doing them. Since Seth worked at HB, maybe he might go for a different direction if he does a Flintstones reboot, even though it won't happen in a million years.

Mike Tyson is good in moderation if it didn't use the Scooby Doo format. I am aware of the Disney XD/WB co production. Mark Marek (creator of Henry and June of KaBlam), who I interviewed, stated that he's working on the project. I might give Bunnicula a try, even though it's just a comic adaption.

I want WB to keep creating new content and story ideas without borrowing elements or any other material from there library like Road Rovers or Detention and other shows. It wasn't the same as it used to be.

5. GlassCake

GlassCake Member

WB owns the HB library once Joe Barbera sold to Warner Bros. Animation so technically they kinda own LT.

I was just exaggerating the point that it's tiresome of reviving classic cartoons with crappy animation and poor storyline. And c'mon. What's the point with these guest stars? Is it to boost ratings or DVD sales? Cuz apparently it's not working.

I might give the Wacky Races reboot a chance. And while I like Anima Estudios' work on Top Cat, the voices could use some work. As for Flintstones, I know it's not just for adults. But it's not just for kids either. I was just stating the fact.

6. Scoobfan69

Scoobfan69 Member

I know WB owns the HB library I was saying that the cartoons I listed are based off of cartoons originally made by HB.

7. GlassCake

GlassCake Member

Oh yeah. Just wish the WB keeps making more original shows.

8. dth1971

dth1971 Active Member

But no hope if WB will ever reboot Tiny Toons and/or Animaniacs.

9. GlassCake

GlassCake Member

No hope at all. I actually tried to make a Animaniacs reboot for my FUNBOX web series but due to legal issues, budget problems and a whole lot of paperwork, that was scrapped. The only Animaniacs that are gonna come from me are gonna be for my Mad Magazine-esque video series that has yet to have a title.

10. brickrrb2

brickrrb2 Active Member

But the bigger question is WHY remake them into abominations?

Course if anyone does say they remember them as they were, They'll just be called old

11. John Pannozzi

John Pannozzi Still Gritty after all these years

Nah, man. WB owns HB cause they bought it (along with New Line and other odds and ends) as part of Ted Turner's cable company.

12. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I think the current Scooby-Doo movies are all pretty good and fairly enjoyable, so I'm actually happy to see WB continuing to release those and air them on CN :sweat:.

13. GlassCake

GlassCake Member

Whoa. Forgot about this post. The Scooby Doo movies are good in writing for plot devices. Just not with designs. And the too much frequent use of guest voices. First, WWF meets Scooby Doo. Then Flintstones. What's next Looney Tunes?

I'm glad WB is starting to make originals with Disney. Hope they keep on doing it.

14. Scoobfan69

Scoobfan69 Member

Not Looney tunes the Jetsons after Scooby - Dodo returns to WWE.

15. GlassCake

GlassCake Member

Oh HECK NO! Just please NOOOOO!!!! Jetsons cannot come back unless a live action movie comes.

16. Kirben

Kirben Member

The Scooby Doo DTVs couldn't get much worse either, the last decent movie 'Mask of the Blue Falcon', after a good batch from 'Scooby-Doo! Camp Scare' onwards. The movies are relying far too much on gimmicks, fail to even show some clues, and a few recent movies are simply promos for other franchises.

Scooby-Doo! Stage Fright - Reality show gimmick, with pointless romance angle.
    Scooby-Doo! WrestleMania Mystery - WWE Promo
    Scooby-Doo! Frankencreepy - Revenge angle, with disjointed and poor plot.
    Scooby-Doo! Moon Monster Madness - Go to the moon, with poor attempts at humor.
    Scooby-Doo! and Kiss: Rock and Roll Mystery - Kiss promo

The next Scooby Doo movie will be another WWE promo, followed by Wild West movie in 2017. I can only hope the Wild West movie isn't too clinched and generic, considering the setting, but I expect I will be disappointed again.

17. GlassCake

GlassCake Member

Exactly. You people could learn a thing or two from this guy. The Blue Falcon was a real disappointment. I thought the gang would team up with the Blue Falcon like in New Scooby Doo Movies and have the late Gary Owens reprise his role. Yet they kept him as a cartoon show within a show. Even though I wasn't into how they portrayed Blue Falcon in the Mystery Inc. cartoon, I applauded it for at least making Blue Falcon more original unique with personalities of his own like Secret Squirrel in the 2 Stupid Dogs cartoons.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Checkerboard

Checkerboard THE HOME OF THE TOP TOON STARS

They have a bunch of different properties they could resurrect, yet they keep digging up the same old stuff. A waste and shame. With that I agree.

• Like Like x 1
  19. DVDLooney

DVDLooney Active Member

I think Warner Bros. could benefit from the "if it ain't broke, don't fix it" motto to their concepts that they're developing nowadays. I'm not saying I can't tolerate change, but why change something that is fine the way it is just because time moves on?

• Like Like x 1
  20. GlassCake

GlassCake Member

I just watched the premiere of Bunnicula and I have to say: I am impressed. Even though I prefer WB creating original shows without adaptions from other properties, this show really got into me. Having Maxwell Atoms on board was a smart move because it involved many spooky elements to the mix that I never thought WB could be able to conjure up, at least without DC's help. I know shows take a year to make and air, but how was Atoms able to do this and Dead Meat?

Let's hope the WB makes more original shows.

• Like Like x 1