1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Toonzone News Warner Bros is struggling

Discussion in 'The Warner Bros. Club' started by Yum, Feb 12, 2017.

1. Yum

Yum Active Member

I think Warner Bros. Animation is going through a dark age. Remember back in the 1990s and early 2000s with shows like Pinky and the Brain, Animaniacs, Histeria, Tiny Toons, Batman, Superman and the like, and how successful they were?
    And this carried on in the early to mid-2000s, with shows like Teen Titans, Duck Dodgers, What's New Scooby-Doo, Krypto the Superdog, Justice League, Ozzy and Drix, JL Unlimited, Loonatics Unleashed, Batman Brave and the Bold, Baby Looney Tunes, Looney Tunes Webtoons, Static Shock and more.
    And finally in the early 2010's we had The Looney Tunes Show, Scooby Doo Mystery Incorporated. Now as we've reached the late 2010's, I feel WBA has reached a dark age; all they've produced now that has reached popularity but in the WRONG way is Teen Titans Go, and anything new featuring the older franchises(Wabbit, Be Cool, Scooby Doo, The Tom and Jerry Show, Bunnicula) has failed to reach popularity on par with TTG. All the DTV movies produced now are only DC, Tom and Jerry, or Scooby Doo. Scooby Doo, you could argue has much more effort put into it, but still, it's tiring to only recieve DTV movies based on one franchise. It's like Warner Bros thinks that Scooby Doo is the only franchise still profitable. Tom and Jerry, I feel have begun to run out of ideas; seriously? the Wizard of OZ? Jack and the Beanstalk/Disney rip-off? Sherlock Holmes? Jonny Quest? There are cash ins(Alvin and the Chipmunks) and then there's flat out desperation. I'm starting to feel a decrease in quality within the latest productions of WBA. All you really see now are Lego Movie merchandise and DC apparel. Like they're the only franchises worth marketing. It's like they want us to believe that Looney Tunes and the Spielberg shows have died. That's why, if I ever got the chance to get Steven Spielberg, Doug Walker, and Eric Goldberg in the same room, I would propose a sequel to the original Animaniacs, to show audiences that WB hasn't forgotten who they once were before, they can still produce quality entertainment that isn't Lego movie, that they started relying on Tom and Jerry/Scooby Doo sequels to keep their glue eating animators busy. But as of now, I feel WBA is going through a Dark Age; late 2010s isn't their strongest era; not a lot of gems nowadays. Who agrees? Please feel free to let me know.

2. jaylop97

jaylop97 L Twins

I think WB is still doing fair most of the stuff they have been making tends to do good, while the only piece of dirt to their clean surface is Teen Titans Go obviously. Either way a lot of what they have made recently like Wabbit and some other shows are still going strong, though too bad not much has been said of course about the subject of what goes on.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. THGhost

THGhost Member

WBA is certainly doing a lot better than their live-action films as of late.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Toon4Thought

Toon4Thought Giving a slightly closer look.

They are definitely doing a lot better in theatrical animation than their TV animation, if Storks and the Lego Movie are anything to go by (pretty ironic when you consider it was the other way around in the 90s).

Granted, Justice League Action seems to be gaining a decent following, but their more comedic shows failed to leave a noticeable impression one way or the other, which is probably why US Turner isn't motivated enough to release them. TTG is probably the only memorable one of the bunch, and its reputation is polarizing at best.

• Agree Agree x 2