1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Warner Archive Animation Releases News & Discussion Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by Checkerboard, Nov 5, 2010.

1. Kirben

Kirben Member

The Real Adventures of Jonny Quest needs a complete re-release on DVD, the episodes on the previous DVD release were out of order, ruining the continuity of the series. Looks like Warner are making the exact same mistake again, by continuing with an episode order that makes no sense.

2. Sketch

Sketch not like those other old guys

It's about time. My season 1 Part 1 set was getting lonely. I can't believe they have never aired Real Adventures on Boomerang.

3. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

4. the greenman

5. the greenman

6. SF4Ever

SF4Ever Active Member

It's about time for WAC to consider Heathcliff/Dingbat/Marmaduke, produced by Ruby-Spears Productions for DVD release- it'll give R-S more representaon in the classic cartoon DVD releases. Still, there are also other programs that Warner Archive Collection could consider releasing, too. This would include Ruby-Spears' Fangface, Puppy's Adventures, Police Academy: The Series co-produced by Warner Bros., all components of Rankin-Bass' Comic Strip Live, Filmation's Tom & Jerry Comedy Show, My Favorite Martians, the animated Shazam series from 1981, various Hanna-Barbera programs and WB's stable of animated programs from the 90's(Tiny Toon Adventures, Taz-Mania, Beetlejuice, etc.). Warner Archive Collection still has tons of classic animated programs awaiting DVD release, so let's stay on top of this.

7. Mandouga

Mandouga Well-Known Member

They also recently released Heidi's Song (based on the classic book, Heidi by Johanna Spyri), which is one of only three movies H-B ever made (Charlotte's Web; Once Upon a Forest) that didn't feature their trademark characters.

Also, I hope they'll release the second season of Pac-Man someday...

8. Ioz

Ioz Master of Mer

It sounds like Pac Man's second season will likely be released sometime this year. Christmas Comes to Pac Land will be included with the Season 2 set.

Sky Commanders is supposed to be coming out sometime this month.

9. the greenman

10. Angilasman

Angilasman Active Member

Out of the loop, but what's the status of prospective Huckleberry Hound and Quickdraw McGraw sets from the archive?

Also, what's up with the Swat Katz release?

11. SF4Ever

SF4Ever Active Member

Warner Bros. still has tons upon tons of classic TV animation in its vaults awaiting DVD release, not just from its own animation studios as well as from Hanna-Barbera, but also programs from Ruby-Spears(most of its library), Rankin-Bass(post-1975), some Filmation programs and some programs from DePatie-Freleng. There are still programs that we're still awaiting word on, especially Saturday Supercade(Ruby-Spears), The New Adventures of Gilligan(Filmation), Comic Strip Live(Rankin-Bass), among others, but we have no choice but to be patient, because this process can be tedious and does take a while to have some programs be digitally remastered, prior to release on DVD, but all the same, let's stay on top of this.

12. Mandouga

Mandouga Well-Known Member

"Comic Strip Live"? Wasn't that show called simply "The Comic Strip"?

13. DuckTwacy

DuckTwacy French phone.

Yes it was. "The Comic Strip Live" was a late 80's stand-up comedy show (which is also not to be confused with the British comedy anthology show "The Comic Strip Presents"). Lots of shows with "Comic Strip" in the title.

14. the greenman

For those interested Snorks was just released like a week ago, so production is steady going. They're averaging about 1 release a month. It seems they're branching into the 80's stuff. With the recent news of Tiny Toons, I almost wish they waited some years for the 90's material to get in the archive. Not sure if it would've made a difference, but retail on the shelf and made on demand seems like alot.

15. Hanshotfirst1138

Hanshotfirst1138 Singing drunken lullabies

I'm guessing the rest of the Hanna-Barbera Godzilla series is forever a pipe-dream?

16. John Pannozzi

John Pannozzi Still Gritty after all these years

I'm pretty sure I already told you that Toho owns that series now, not WB/H-B. Toho licensed the first season to Classic Media, but not the second. I suppose the company most likely to release the rest might be Shout Factory, so why not join their forum and ask them there?

17. CartoonFridays

CartoonFridays Promoted to detective.

Why not release some of the seldom known Cartoon Network shows from the late 90s/early 2000s.

18. Hanshotfirst1138

Hanshotfirst1138 Singing drunken lullabies

You may well have and I wasn't paying attention, it may have even been earlier in this very thread. Toho are notorious for being misers to their good with their Godzilla franchise, so it probably didn't make much for them, it's probably as much an "as if" as the second half of Gargoyles.

19. John Pannozzi

John Pannozzi Still Gritty after all these years

Disney did just upload all the episodes of Gargoyles on YouTube , so if all else fails, you could save them on your computer with KeepVid.

20. Captain Travis

Is that legal?