Wanna help me make this fan-comic?

Discussion in 'The Drawing Board' started by Ando, May 15, 2017.

1. Ando

Ando New Member

Hey.
    I know this place is kinda dead but all places I found about Animaniacs are, unfortunately, so I will ask here too.

I'm trying to make a fan-comic based on Slappy and Skippy, also including some other characters from Animaniacs too here and there, but focused on Slappy and Skippy.
    If life allows me to, I would really want to make an animation out of it, but since I'm a hobbyist I think a comic would serve as good practice and preparation for the writting and all of it.

I'm not a great artist but I think I can do good enough for a comic, but not in a very good speed, so if you also draw and want to help me make that process faster, that would be great. But my biggest struggle is about writitng. I'm studying comedy (as a hobby too) to make this possible, but writting the plots with other people that also know these characters would make it a lot easier and faster.

This is not a job thing, I don't have the money to hire anyone for this at the moment, and I'm not asking for full compromise either. This would just be nothing more but a shared hobby, to have fun while making this. Nothing to be rushed or anything.
    The idea is to make a comedy comic with episodes (not only "one sheet" jokes)

Trust me, if you are not a writter or an artist, you can still help me a lot as long as you know the characters, that's probably the most important thing.

If you want to help me you can send me a PM or post in this thread, or we can move to Discord or something to chat if you want.

These are the things I've done so far:
    http://ando-1000.deviantart.com/art/WIP-Slappy-in-the-city-Page-1-679335545
    [​IMG]

http://ando-1000.deviantart.com/art/WiP-1-680708505
    [​IMG]

The latter is a new version I just finished yesterday, with a better perspective and composition work and different lines, but both are options for a first page comic.

-The premise for the whole new episodes or "new show" would be the next:
    Slappy and Skippy move to the big city because Slappy lost a lot of money from a bet (nothing specified yet)
    As seen in the show, Slappy liked living in the country side because she didn't like modern social trends, being annoyed by neighboors, or the "bad influences" on Skippy if that counts. It's just clear that she wants peace and I'm proposing a new twist that might change her place to bring new plots and problems and such. In this case she would be forced to move to an apartment, which would be amongst the worst cases for her.
    I'm planning to make multiple comedy "episodes" all focused in this atmosphere. I might change that later though.

-A possible plot for the first episode would be the next:
    Skippy is planning to go play soccer with his friends as seen in one original episode. Slappy asks him if they need a coach/trainer (like she did in that one episode), but Skippy says they already found one so she doesn't have to do it for them. Even though Slappy wasn't very happy doing that paper in the original episode, she would be mad/jealous in this new situation because she would feel replaced and would go to the training anyways to meet the new coach who would be some kind of mini rival. Slappy would say she is a better coach than the new one so they get into a challenge, dividing the team in two to see who's a better trainer with all kinds of failures and such.

-----------------------------------------------

This is not definitive though. If you have ideas to make this better, or completely different ideas that have nothing to do with mine, I can accept them. I'm open for any kind of ideas and of course I would give you all the credit you deserve in case you help me.

If you know a better place to ask than this, please do tell.

2. Fone Bone

Fone Bone Matt Zimmer

Damn. This is a great idea. I'd help, but it's been years since I've seen the show, and I was never the biggest fan anyways. But I thought I'd at least bump the thread so that potentially more people can see it.

3. Ando

Ando New Member

k thnx lol