1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Wander over Yonder" Series Talkback (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by Kukaeizen13, Mar 19, 2012.

1. blak89

blak89 Member

I was so glad that

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Gatordragon

Gatordragon Everybody scream! This is Halloween!

Welp, that was fun. I really enjoyed Hater destroying Dominator's ship. I actually yelled out "RULES OF NATURE!" during that scene.

Of course Hater and Dominator wouldn't change their ways. Some people are just like that. Same goes for Wander and his limitless hope and optimism. At least Dominator's no longer a threat. It's all yours, Hater. Go for it!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. ShadowBeast

ShadowBeast Well-Known Member

This was actually a satisfying ending. Dominator was defeated but not destroyed. Hater showed competence through most of the episode. I knew that flower would've had a part in the finale. Though I wonder what happened to the other villains? I was expecting them to make an appearance.
    I wonder if a third season had been made, that Dominator would've made an appearance?

I wouldn't say that. While Dominator wasn't redeemed, she was reduced to the same level of evil as Hater is. And that she's no longer big and threatening anymore character-wise.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. WingedArtist28

Given how I saw the finale, yeah Wander confronting Dominator through his in character bits is just the tip of the iceberg in exploring his morals in S3 in ways we've seen with Hater. There are things we felt that it didn't make sense plot wise for some, but I thought that he was just trying to do the right thing.

I thought Dominator staying her evil self than redeemed quickly was a fair move.

Do I think it ended on a high note? Not really. But was it a good spot to end. I guess. Sure they went back to the status quo of Hater chasing Wander with the planets yet to be rebuild, but it has small differences of how things changed that would someday be explored in a possible S3 (the crew did held off some rather interesting stories of Hater's backstory, Wander being challenged more than Dom, and other Main 4 interactions to S3 as their intended send off).

That's my two cents on the finale.

5. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. Dudley

Dudley Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Well, for a series finale I feel that's it was satisfactory, and the best that we could hope for given the circumstances.
    I like that Hater saved the day with the encouragement of others. I like that Wander took Dominator head on and ended up saving her. And I'm glad that Dominator not only didn't die, but didn't turn good. Dominator wasn't only just a sociopath, she just had complete inability to properly interact with others. It was pretty interesting.
    Also, for once I'm glad that everything went back to the status quo. I know most people expect cartoons to evolve and change over time, but true to it's Looney Tunes influence, it's just not that kind of show.

All in all, I really liked this show. I love the art style, that's a throwback to Jay Ward and Total Television, and the animation was fun and cartoony. Writing wise, at times was really great, and like Looney Tunes, you don't hit a home run with all of them, but they're still all enjoyable. Sometimes I wish the show focused more on Hater, with Wander wackiness was more downplayed. Like Hater being defeated by Wander without him even trying. I wonder what the cartoon would be like if the show barely had dialogue at all.
    Still, glad we got what we got, and is definitely my favorite Craig McCracken cartoon. I don't mourn that this show came to and end as all good things must. I look forward to seeing what else he makes!

Son of a gun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7. PinkiePie97

PinkiePie97 Well-Known Member

Guess I'll have to look out for that next time I watch the episode. I wasn't expecting anyone from Craig's previous shows to appear since they were on a different network.

8. 2-D chirox

2-D chirox Active Member

Why would they end it on a cliff hanger? I'm alright with them making the villains still evil but why even hint at anything further happening when nothing further is happening?

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. ShadowBeast

Because they had intended a third season, but wasn't given one. Nor a warning about this season being their last so they couldn't change much of the last episode.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Digamma-F-Wau

Digamma-F-Wau Active Member

I though the finale (and the series as a whole) was pretty good. Shame about the 3rd season, but otherwise we got a good deal. I find it interesting that, with the exception of one episode (The Helper), this 11-minute episode art-foucsed comedic show was script driven instead of board driven.

11. 2-D chirox

2-D chirox Active Member

They were given a warning. A week before the second season premiered. And from what McCracken said on his twitter they were still working on the episode when season 2 started. Plus the last episode was very clearly written as a series finale. So I don't see why they did that.

12. ShadowBeast

even if he was working on this episode when they were told about this being their last season, we don't know how much of the episode was finished at the time. He probably only had time to change a couple of things without trying to force as much as he can into it.

13. Daikun

That doesn't really matter. Chowder made a cameo on Harvey Beaks. Creators like making cameos from their previous shows, regardless of the network.

14. 2-D chirox

2-D chirox Active Member

If it was a week before the second season aired then that would have given them ten months (roughly the amount of time it takes to make a whole episode) then I'm sure they could have changed a simple animatic in that time.

15. 19MagiswordLane

19MagiswordLane Toonzone's Crooner of Carnage, babe!

16. ShadowBeast

They did change some stuff from what they originally intended. So they make an effort in creating a decent ending. But what animatic are you referring to?

17. Daikun

The one at the end of the final episode. The animatic wound up foreshadowing a third season that will never come.

They could've just simply changed it, but nope!

18. ShadowBeast

Oh the scene with the U.S. space satellite with the monkeys. I guess they still hope the show could still come back one day or form.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. ShadowBlinky

ShadowBlinky Never A Good Bot

Wow, Hater. Didn't know you had it in you.:eek:
    Where has this version of you been this season (of our lives :lol:)?
    What a great show.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. ShadowBeast

I just rewatched "The Waste of Time" episode and noticed that while traveling through time, a scene with a monkey in a US Astronaut outfit was seen. This was probably a scene from what was meant to be in the cancelled third season.

• Agree Agree x 1