"Wander over Yonder" Series Talkback (SPOILERS)

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by Kukaeizen13, Mar 19, 2012.

1. Kukaeizen13

Kukaeizen13 New Member

Disney just announced their going to be airing this cartoon:
    http://www.bleedingcool.com/2012/03/13/wander-over-yonder-coming-to-tv-the-new-project-from-powerpuff-creator-craig-mccracken/

Wander is an overly-optimistic intergalactic traveler who, along with his loyal but bullish steed, Sylvia, goes from planet to planet helping people to live free and have fun, all against the evil reign of Lord Hater and his army of Watchdogs.

I haven't seen a thread for this yet so I'll put this oen out there.

I've heard the main character described as an "alien hippie muppoet who travels around the universe." Interesting idea for a protagonist,

This looks promising, I like the design for Wander,
    -and Craig is making another show finally!

All in all, I'm happily anticipating it.

EDIT: On further inspection I have found that this show has been discussed to small extent here: ]http://www.toonzone.net/forums/show...ule-Presented-to-Advertisers&highlight=wander

Well, this show doesn't have it's OWN thread yet, (or if it does it's marvelously well hidden.)
    So I suppose this can be a a haven for discussion purely about "wander over yonder" in the future.

Cheers.

2. Peter Paltridge

Peter Paltridge Steven Sword! Moderator

Neat, he sold it. I remember Craig putting up designs for Wander Over Yonder on Deviantart shortly after Foster's ended. He sold some of the drawings at a comic-con. They'll be worth something now.

I'd link you, but it looks like Craig removed the drawings now.

3. Kukaeizen13

Kukaeizen13 New Member

^ah, I've only seen one drawing of wander, I heard he peddled illustrations of him at Cons.
    Guess he has to keep it under wraps now.

I, personally like the idea of a traveling road show in space starring a pacifist, those are all interesting ideas and could work very well together if done right.

Heck, it's been far too long since we've had a good traveling road show in the states, last one I can recall was Avatar,and that was ten years ago. oooOOOOoooo.​ This could fill that gap.

4. Destiny of Awe

Destiny of Awe Should update a lot of things

When I saw that Craig McCracken was going to make this show I was kinda all like :eek:. I didn't expect him to make any new shows.

But the show sounds interesting to say the least. :)

5. Kukaeizen13

Kukaeizen13 New Member

Yeah, I'm real happy he got something, perhaps he feels a bit inspired/motivated by his wife's recent success? Either way, glad his pitch was picked.

6. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator Moderator

I like the basic premise for the series. It sounds interesting to say the least. The design that the link provides looks kind of familiar to me. Maybe I saw it on some deviantart page before. I like the sound of the concept and I've enjoyed some of the other shows he's worked on, so I'll probably check this show out as well when it premieres.

7. Kukaeizen13

Kukaeizen13 New Member

I'd say the familiarity comes from the fact that he looks kinda like cheese from Foster's home for Imaginary Friends.

8. flashcartoons

flashcartoons New Member

Craig McCracken is my favorite cartoon creator of today. I hope I get to meet him someday! :bubbles::blossom::bcup:

9. PunkPhantom

PunkPhantom Addicted to Toons & Tunes

Sounds like a cool show! Can't wait to get more info.:)

10. J. B. Warner

J. B. Warner Increasing my wordiness

I remember really liking Wander when I saw the drawings Craig put on DA. Great to see it come to fruition at last! :D

11. The ShopSoldier

The ShopSoldier Wandering about in both ANGER & DISGRACE

Who Dares To Attmept a Rescue From My Lair?
    Hoping for the best so I have something to watch on this channel legitimately...

Other than that - I'm glad you've got a shot at the big-time again, Craig.

But please, make sure you have proper control over it so it actually does well, alright?

We don't need anymore committee-dominated noise hurting this channel more than it already has.

Thank You and Peace...

12. Dragnatek

Dragnatek Active Member

It's going to Disney Channel first but this is a show I see airing on both channels.

13. SF4Ever

SF4Ever New Member

Anything from Craig McCracken is going to be good, anyway- I'd like to see his upcoming project for Disney.

14. Rainbow Sharpie

Rainbow Sharpie gonna bury you with my sound~

Craig McCracken is one of my favorite animators working today (big fan of PPG and FHFIF here), and it's nice to see that Wander Over Yonder finally got picked up after all these years of seeing the sketches on his DeviantArt account. Hopefully all goes well and Craig doesn't get screwed over like he was with last project at CN.

With the "adventuring" aspect in place, though, I just hope this isn't labelled as an Adventure Time ripoff.

15. BlueMail

BlueMail Chinatown, Chain me Down

I'll refrain as much excitement as I can until I learn more about the show, but still…it sounds great. Nice to see Mr. Mccraken working on a new cartoon.

16. MDawg

MDawg Nerfariously planning

Went to the Disney TV Animation panel at Comic-Con today and Craig McCracken was there. He mentioned a tiny bit about the show and we got a silly little clip of Wander and his horse escaping for Lord Hater's minions.

After the panel, we got a neat oversized card for the show.

Side 1: http://t.co/8Zaxogz4 - Silohuete of Wander and Horse along with show logo
    Side 2: http://t.co/nCyrK6TK - Wander photobombing Lord Hater

17. Toonatic

Toonatic Active Member

In one word; Awesome! I can't wait til someone posts the clip on Youtube.

18. ChildHood90s

ChildHood90s Loves his coffee

Oooh man. If this show takes off, I'm betting Craig and Wander (the character) are going to get the red carpet treatment at Disney. Just thinking about the potential for cross overs, theme park attractions (something like Phineas and Ferb just got), promotion out the wazoo... Damn, that'd be great to see. Especially after all those years working for CN. Aside from the golden points in CN's life, I don't believe they were... consistently great about getting people excited about their cartoons. CN's current brand feels sub-par compared to the smarter/powerful House of Mouse. Disney is going to be treating Craig/Wander a lot nicer, for sure.

Still, I wonder what a PG cartoon show from Craig would look like...? :cool:

19. Dudley

Dudley Moderator Moderator

[video=youtube;lUM6kQKROhc]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lUM6kQKROhc[/video]

Skip to 1:46 to watch a bit of the cartoon. It looks like it'll be a lot of fun!

20. BlueMail

BlueMail Chinatown, Chain me Down

Look's really good! It just has this very off-the-wall/energetic feel to it. Definitely intriguing.