1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

W.I.T.C.H. vs. Winx Club - The Battle Truly Begins

Discussion in 'Disney/Pixar Forum' started by Tommy Lawson, Dec 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sunset Girl

Sunset Girl The Evil Manager!

Thanks, maybe I'll have a better chance of finding it now that I know it's French. I'd also love to get the French version of Nighthood (which was dubbed in English for Canada). Not that I don't like the English version, but as you said, it's always interesting to see shows in their original language.

2. Terrence Briggs

Terrence Briggs Noble Einherjar

Shaman King is actually good at times. Yugi-oh (Yugi-ugh) has some tolerable performances. It sounds like Joey was horribly butchered in the English dub, but Yugi and Kaiba are all right.

Distracting animation need not be cheap. Trumpet and the Swan and Tom & Jerry: The Movie had very high production values compard to most TV animation, and the scattershot animation STILL distracted from the story.

I think I've said enough about how "interesting" Winx's characters and stories are.

3. Gokou Ruri

Gokou Ruri Wielder of the dark arts.

Yu-Gi-Oh! is really the only 4-Kids dub I'll call a hackjob. It's the only one that was totally rewritten (for now).

4. Hordesman

Hordesman slashor

You don't get top English language voice actors on dubs. There's an actress on One Piece who dubbed over Dot on Animaniacs in Japan- Think you'd get one of the original Animaniacs VAs covering One Piece here? Sell me the sub, please.

5. Terrence Briggs

A lot of these actors are good, anyway. Cowboy Bebop and Teknoman featured actors that we've heard in countless other (inferior) animated series, yet their performances (in addition to the ADR direction) work.

Sometimes, it's just about having a competent overseer.

6. Hordesman

Hordesman slashor

The anime dub/sub market was originally direct-to-video, which is why non-uniuon actors were sought to minimize costs- usually in Canada. And really, it doesn't matter to me any which way as long as sub options are out there. And really, in the day of TiVo and iPods consumers are becoming more specialized and it's worth having both product out there. Uncut dub subs aren't going to be sold at Wal-Mart or TRU or Blockbuster anyway.

7. Tommy Lawson

Tommy Lawson Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Here's some very interesting ratings info for Saturday, February 19. Apparently, the two airings of Winx Club and W.I.T.C.H. on Jetix all received a 1.0 rating among Kids 6-11. The earlier airing of Winx Club did one get higher share point (5 vs. 4), still W.I.T.C.H. was Jetix's highest rated program on that Saturday:

http://news.toonzone.net/article.php?ID=1948

8. Terrence Briggs

Alls I know is that WITCH won't be on the New Fall Season bus with everyone else in the ABC Kids lineup. Guess I'll have to make friends with some cabl owners to see the Greg Wisman episodes lined up for next year.

9. lilshowtout91

lilshowtout91 Do You Believe In Magic

I don't really get what all the fighting is about. Of course, there always will be arguing on this kind of subject because the ones who might hate WITCH and like WINX will say that WITCH copied(which isn't true because the comics started way before WINX ever came on tv.) while if you like WITCH and hate WINX, you might say the opposite. There are some who just hate both.Also some might like both and wonder what all this fighting is worth for.These are just everybody's opinions so why should it matter who says one show is stupid or not.
    I started reading the WITCH books after I saw a poster about them in Barnes and Noble. It interested me and now I love it! Usually, if I read a book I will be tempted to watch the show or movie.(Like Harry Potter for example) I like Witch but I will not voice my opinion on WINX or start comparing the two until I watch it. There is no fact that one show is better than the other so I hope some people stop being so defensive about what other people think!:yawn:

10. Martin

Martin The unseen lover of Irma

I don't want to make anyone drop into conclusions, but there is an undeniable fact: In Portugal Will's dormouse is called Kiko. Kiko is the name of Bloom's rabbit too. And both Will and Bloom are redheads, leaders, and the most powerful ones of their groups!

11. Conan-san

Conan-san Active Member

And they share the same hair clour as Daphine from Scooby Doo who solves mysteires with VELMA!

It's easy to draw a path to velma, that gausious star in the centure of the cartoon universe, what's your connection?

[+1 joke post]

12. Martin

Martin The unseen lover of Irma

Two Dutch series: Franka and Storm
    Franka is a red-haired p.i., specialized in art crime.

Storm (series suspended because of the death of artist Don Lawrence):
    Storm is an astronaut who got stuck in Jupiter's Big Red Spot. He got thrown into the very far future of Earth, where civilisation has made a large fallback.
    There he met Roodhaar (Redhair), who accompanied him since then.

After when Storm and Roodhaar travelled into Earth's future again, they both generated latent powers which took the attraction of Marduk, theocrat of Pandarve. Drawn by a red beam Storm and Roodhaar came on this living red planet far out in the universe. There they met Nomad, a head-to-toe redskinned African looking man. Nomad decided to stay with them. Forever.

One problem: they are comic figures from which never an animation movie has been made.

#192 Martin, May 8, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: May 8, 2005
  13. Chad Bonin

Chad Bonin a.k.a. Knux Five
    Staff Member Moderator Reporter

Winx Club is now hitting Miguzi... where, ya know, people can actually see it.

(4KidsTV's distribution sucks)

14. Mighty_Bojingo

Mighty_Bojingo Your shoelaces shall be mine.

Well, I wont know for sure until tomorrow when May 16th's schedule is put up. CN's schedule page is the only one I trust the most when it comes to CN's line-up.

YAY! So far Winx WILL be on CN this monday (Unless they change it at the last minute.)

#194 Mighty_Bojingo, May 9, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: May 11, 2005
  15. WinxIsTheBest4Ever

WinxIsTheBest4Ever New Member

Sorry, but you're not right. The WinX was coming out first as a comic in 1999. The Magical Bloom came out in 2001. The Witch came out as a comic in 2001 and tge series came out in 2003. So sorry, but when you think that the WinX is a copy, you are not right. Tge WinX has a very iwn and nice style. The Witch is a little bit too dark.

The Winx is serious too. And it's more better!

#195 WinxIsTheBest4Ever, Jul 31, 2017
    Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.