1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

"Voltron: Legendary Defender" Talkback Thread (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by Neo Yi, Jun 5, 2016.

1. zoombie

zoombie Well-Known Member

Just finished the season and it was awesome. It some little twists here, and well things didn't go down they would. Don't want to go into detail yet. I will post on my full thoughts when you all feel enough time has pasted to talk about spoilers.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I just finished the second season yesterday. Like with the first season, I binged watch the whole thing in just a couple of days, although I felt like it took a bit longer for the show to get to that point where I just had to keep watching it. I'll cover my thoughts in the spoiler tags just so I don't spoil any major twists.

Overall, it was a pretty good season. I think I do prefer the first season though. This one was still good, but I feel like it took a bit longer to really get going, some of the characters were significantly weaker and there were some disappointing aspects to it. It was overall pretty good and enjoyable to watch. I do hope that Netflix orders more episodes and we'll get news about future seasons in the near future.

• Like Like x 1
  3. zoombie

Well

4. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

5. zoombie

6. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

7. Troy Troodon

Troy Troodon Well-Known Member

Okay, Andrea Romano, please cast these choices for Season 3 --

• Matthew Mercer as Prince Lotar
    • Grey Griffin as Queen Merla
    • Max Charles as Bandor
    • April Winchell as Nanny
    • Laura Bailey as Romelle
    • Clancy Brown as Viceroy Throk
    • James Arnold Taylor as Wolo

8. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

That's awesome news. September feels so far away, but at least that's some update on the series. It's nice to see that it is so popular on Netflix too. Hopefully, that will allow for Netflix to fund more animated series, especially more action driven shows.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. ToonJay723

ToonJay723 Bingo Bongo

I just noticed the flyer also said "78 episode commitment", so it's nice knowing they'll be more episodes for the next couple of years

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. PapaGreg

PapaGreg Peppermint tea for me

I know I'm a little late commenting on this but Its kinda weird how scrawny Lance and Keith looked in the pool scene, hell I expected Keith at least to have Symbionic Titan's Lance Physique

12. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

I generally like the show and how it's rewritten the Voltron mythos. That said, I think it uses way too much comedy that it almost becomes deflating and insufferable. I can't stand Coran in this show.

Generally, I'm fine with how they've re-envisioned the characters and reinvented them. I like the world-building with a couple exceptions. I like things like "Vrepit Sa." Stuff like that.

13. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

14. brickrrb2

brickrrb2 Active Member

What's the deal with this Blackmail business

15. jenrya

jenrya New Member

I feel this has been a huge improvement on the original Voltron series I was a little worried they would kill Shiro off early in the series and have Allura be the new lion pilot. I'm glad they didn't because she has been more developed and has a better role than she ever had as a lion pilot.

16. Greg91

Greg91 Member
    Reporter

Voltron Legendary Defender season three releases on August 4th with 7 episodes followed by season four in October with 6 episodes!

17. TheVileOne

TheVileOne Peace Loving Shinobi
    Reporter

So basically they split one season of animation up into two.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. Light Lucario

Light Lucario Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

I keep forgetting that a new season is starting tomorrow. It does sound like they split one regular season into two for some reason, but I'm okay with that since we get some new episodes tomorrow and then some more in just a couple of months. The trailers have been pretty good and I'm excited to see what happens in this season. It looks like I'll be binge watching Voltron this weekend and the shorter amount of episodes should make it easier to go through the season in a day or two.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Draco Dracul

Draco Dracul New Member

It might even be splitting 1 season into 3 or 4 parts, because I think the first two seasons were actually a single order of 26, which is why they had such a quick turnaround for season 2. As for why they are doing it, I'm guessing it's to make it easier for people to remember it's around by giving more frequent releases. It's almost like meeting the bomb format the networks have been doing from the other end.

• Agree Agree x 2
  20. zoombie

Just saw episodes 1 - 2 and just wanted to say I love Prince Lotar and his team. And Cherami Leigh's in the cast, that is awesome even though her name is not in the credits, I know her voice when I hear it.

• Like Like x 1