Viz rescues Moribito.

Discussion in 'The Adult Swim/Toonami Forum' started by Daikun, Jan 8, 2014.

1. Daikun

Daikun Long Live the Fighter!

Here's something out of left field.

Remember that old Adult Swim Action series where the dub broadcast went on hiatus and was shelved to 5AM?

Well, Viz has the license now. It's coming to Neon Alley on January 17 and will be released on DVD and Blu-Ray later this year.

2. Lord Dalek

Lord Dalek Uncreative Hack

And the Media Blasters empire continues to crumble.

3. Dr. Daedalus

Dr. Daedalus I presume.

Frankly, I'm baffled how Media Blasters isn't closed yet. They released hardly anything in the last two years. What they do seem to license keeps getting delayed (see Ladies vs. Butlers and Rio Rainbow Gate).

Viz rescuing Moribito makes a lot of sense, because it's a lot more in line with Viz's type of titles than the typical MB release.

4. Gold Guy

Gold Guy This ain't Pokemon!

Hmm, I never got the chance to watch the series, so thanks Viz.

Hopefully, they also license the novels. Only two were released in the States.

5. veemonjosh

veemonjosh Get back, Jojo

Well...I'd rather Viz had license rescued Bakuman from Media Blasters (so, you know, we can actually get a dub longer than 7 episodes), but one step at a time I guess.

6. GingaDaiuchuu

GingaDaiuchuu Active Member

Viz rescuing titles from Media Blasters? Bakuman when?

As for this, obviously good to see anything out of the hands of Media Blasters, and while I'd question Viz as the recipient a few years ago, the newly Char'd Viz is looking pretty decent these days. I already have MB's complete collection, but if there's potential for a Blu-ray that actually looks like a Blu-ray version of this show should, that would be nice.

7. Gold Guy

Gold Guy This ain't Pokemon!

I think Viz should end up getting Bakuman. They have the manga, after all. It might depend on how Moribito sells, though.