Viz Releasing Hardcover Set For "Nausicaa of the Valley of the Wind" Manga

Discussion in 'The Anime Forum' started by GWOtaku, May 1, 2012.

1. GWOtaku

GWOtaku Moderator Moderator Reporter

Seemingly on the way this November, cheaper than ever at that. Miyazaki's Topcraft-animated 1984 movie came from this comic he created, which goes far beyond where it stopped. More than a few feel that, as good as the movie is, the completed work in manga form is even better.

Jason Thompson discusses it fabulously here; just avoid the final three paragraphs if you want to dodge spoilers. Me, I'm excited as I've been wanting to get to this for awhile & now it's going to come along in a cheaper/more accessible, hardback release, the latter of which is really rare for manga. It's great to see a veritable classic get that sort of treatment.

2. Chaos Yoshi Mage

Chaos Yoshi Mage The Lonely Raven

Wait, this is all in one set for only $40-60? Awesome! I'm surprised at how affordable it is...

3. Pepperidge

Pepperidge Active Member

Oh man, I'm all over this.

4. GingaDaiuchuu

GingaDaiuchuu Active Member

Dammit, I just bought the last softcover this week. But this is my favorite manga ever, so I'll have to resell those and buy this now.

5. Neo Yi

Neo Yi King Jerkscream Moderator Reporter

Awesome! I only nabbed the first two volumes and I kept telling myself I'd get the rest. Laziness prevented me so, but I'm glad lethargy really paid off! It's in my Wish List now!

6. Angilasman

Angilasman Active Member

Already have the seven volume paperbacks, but it's a great excuse to get this for folks who've never read it!

Interestings thing is that Nausicaa reads more like a European comic than a manga. You really see the Moebius influence.

7. Ferquin

Ferquin I ♥ Princess Peach!

Very nice! I gave my old left-to-right 4-vol. set to a friend a long time ago, but never got around to rebuying a right-to-left version of it. Now that I know it's coming out in hardback later this year, this will be the version that I buy.

Glad I held off on it.