Viz Media "Accel World" Simulcast

Discussion in 'The Anime Forum' started by Divinenega, Apr 6, 2012.

1. Divinenega

Divinenega Active Member

Aug 13, 2010
    Montclair, NJ

Plot Synopsis: The year is 2046. Haruyuki Arita is a young boy who finds himself on the lowest social rungs of his school. Ashamed of his miserable life, Haruyuki can only cope by indulging in virtual games. But that all changes when Kuroyukihime, the most popular girl in school, introduces him to a mysterious program called Brain Burst and a virtual reality called the Accel World.

Guess Viz must be in pretty good with Sunrise...Thoughts?
  2. Funkatron

Funkatron Active Member

Mar 12, 2002
    Saw the first episode and I was intrigued. I love shows about tech singularities (ie when the lines between man and machine are blurred and tech becomes the natural extension of man). The premise of a whole world hidden between the seconds of real time has me hooked, though wouldn't your brain be cooked with repeated use? I mean, overclocking your mind 100 times is pushing it.

I expect to watch more
  3. GingaDaiuchuu

GingaDaiuchuu Active Member

Oct 5, 2007
    Episode 1

I really didn't know what to expect going into this, but I was pretty happy with it. I'm definitely interested to see where it goes from here. For now, I'm optimistic.

Of course there's always some disappointment from Viz streaming a new series, as it may prevent it from ever seeing a physical release if I end up liking it enough.