1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Vinnie the Deer...

Discussion in 'The Warner Bros. Club' started by Gear3dGryph0n, Dec 31, 2016.

1. Gear3dGryph0n

Gear3dGryph0n Active Member

I just found out about this character a couple of days ago and I found him enjoyable, but one thing sticks out to me. Every archive states that a young Brian Stokes Mitchell voiced this character in "Mr. Popular's Rules of Cool" off of the crediting of a "Brian Mitchell", however I just can't buy it considering he was apparently 33 years old when the character's first appearance aired in 1990. The voice sounds too natural for me to consider manipulation a la Nate Ruegger's later days as Skippy Squirrel. Does anyone have any theories on this or whether this could be a case of mistaken identity?

2. Cartoon_central

Most likely a case of mistaken identity, I decided to check this out myself a few years back, I compared Vinnie to a character he voiced in Batman The Animated Series recorded roughly around the same time, the two sounded nothing alike.

There was something similar with Tails' voice actor from Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog Christopher Welch, most had assumed it was actor Christopher Evan Welch who was 28 when the show was recorded, I was very skeptical of this as there is very little chance a grown man can convincingly sound like a little boy, eventually after that Christopher Welch died the one who had voiced Tails finally sent an email proving he had done the voice and that he was unrelated to the actor.

• Agree Agree x 1