1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Village Idiot Art

Discussion in 'The Drawing Board' started by Tanooki, Dec 13, 2003.

1. Artimus Gigan

Artimus Gigan Aeris Fries

*asks nicely*

2. Tanooki

Tanooki Supplexing disease since 1982.

"Hee hee hee..."

this is the bod drawing of senor pedro and runey. senor pedro is "trying" to flirt with runey but, it isn't really working. you know? :p

hooray!!! now i can work on the noggins again :D

GK

3. Mr. Pedro

Mr. Pedro Der Patton

That is a very cute sketch. I just love how Runey still has something of a facial expression as her face is almost completely covered by her hand.

Keep up the good work. :anime:

4. Rune

Rune off(world) model

Awww Pedro, you old smoothie :p

That is just too cute GK, thank you *hugs*

5. Czar Gato

Czar Gato Walkin' on the wild side

Aw, so cute, GK! :anime:

6. Tanooki

this next sketch represents the longest amount of time i've spent on a drawing. 2+ hours. it was well worth it though as this is in my top 3 of personal favorites, if not number one

one bad pirate...

i decided to leave it in pencil (for now) so you can see my technique i take to sketching. in this sketch, you can see my new hand method, my tried and true "noggin" method, and a REALLY new body method i'm trying. it's sort of a triangular approach, not my usual box formation. i'll be even more happy with it once i can figure out how to draw feet :sweat:

GK

ps. remember my #3 project? the really long one? this is my character :D i rule the db kingdom seas

7. Rune

Rune off(world) model

Sweet! The body looks great to me and I love the style of hand too, you really are developing a great unique style wuith these characters of yours, its great to see more stuff :)

8. Tanooki

i feel i'm really getting somewhere with this character

Falchion

i like the name. it's "old-school" :p here's an attempt at an action pose. i wonder if i can get outs to post a thread in the workshops to add more action detail to drawings

GK

9. Rune

Rune off(world) model

I think you've done a good job of putting action into this one yourself, the pose is nice and dynamic and there's a real sense of motion/action in the body shape which is emphasised by the flowing belt/sash.

Just keeps gettin' better n better, I do wish you'd drawn the poor guy's other foot though :D

10. Tanooki

it's a peg leg. pirates have those :p he lost it in a great fight with a great white. :D

GK

11. Mr. Pedro

Mr. Pedro Der Patton

Do my eyes deceive me, or does that pirate appear to be brandishing a "Cloud" sword? It looks very familiar.

12. Tanooki

you are absolutely correct on that one, my friend! over at deviantart.com, i even made a mention of it in the pictures description

GK

13. Rune

Rune off(world) model

Ohhh I'm such a barnacle brain :anime:

14. Tanooki

big oz (noggin)

every captain needs a big first mate :D inspiration for this portrait came from the survivor: toon zone thread where kinel ozoa said i was a great leader. thus, i made him my second in command. i hope he doesn't mind that i made him...umm...pudgey :sweat:

GK

15. Rune

Rune off(world) model

:D That has to be one of your best yet, its just so incredibly cute with the little fuzzy eyebrows and round cheeks that I can hardly stand it ... I hope you won't be angry when I say there's something very garden gnome-ish about it too. Top job :)

16. The Detective

The Detective Active Member

Okay, I'll skip the "I've been out of the loop way to long" spill and just say.....wow. :D I'm quite pleased to see this thread still up and running, and seeing lots of awesome pics of everybody. Too many to comment on but.....they are all awesome.

And....you think you could do an updated pic of me? Pretty please? :anime:

</The Detective>

17. Tanooki

i was wondering when you'd get around to asking :anime: you bet i'll add you to the list

*adds the private eye*

GK

18. Kinel Ozoa

Kinel Ozoa September 2007

Ha ha! I've now infiltrated the ranks and shall soon overthrow him! Just kidding great pic, I don't mind the pudgy-ness, I look happy! :D Wonder what it'l look like 75x75! *off to check*

19. Czar Gato

Czar Gato Walkin' on the wild side

That's awesome! I love Kinel's chubby cheeks. :anime:

20. Tanooki

as some of you may have noted, i have a brand new shiny exterior. new name, plus i'm now a modurayter...i haven't learned how to spell it yet :p kidding. i'm a moderator now. don't fret though because i know some of you are thinking "oh snap! he won't have time to draw my noggin now! :sad: ) not the case my friends. work will continue on the noggins when i return from thanksgiving break (i'm at my parents' house until sunday) but in the meantime i'm working on something to commemorate the occasion

[strike]idislikepandas KingOfDarkness Blue Falcon Hero of Winds The Gerudo King[/strike] Falcon