1. We're giving away Twin Saga MMO Starter Packs! Get your free key here: Twin Saga Starter Pack Giveaway
  2. Episode 13 of the Toonzone Podcast is live! Listen to it here: http://www.toonzone.net/toonzone-podcast-episode-13/

We discuss The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild, the Nintendo Switch, 20 years of Toonami, Toonami’s first era on Cartoon Network, the Adult Swim era, and what we’d like to see from Toonami in the future.

Dismiss Notice

Video of Cartoon Network Latin America at 2000 new year day

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by Atoon, May 3, 2012.

1. Atoon

Atoon Broken English

During the late 90 to the early 2000 I used to record stuff from the TV on VHS. Sadly, most of the stuff where recorded in a 'Youtube Poop' way so there's hardly anything of value, but there were a few occasions I tried to record something in full. One of these was when I recorded the last hour of the day 12/31/99 to the first hour of the day 01/01/00 on CN Latin America. I believe it was because they were airing a marathon of a segment called "One century of smiles", which showcased a countdown of the supposed 100 best cartoons. They were showing the 100 to 2 the previous days, but the 1 was exclusive for the marathon. Here are the top 7:

• 7: Rabbit Seasoning (WB)
    • 6: What's Opera, Doc? (WB)
    • 5: King Size Canary (MGM)
    • 4: Red Hot Riding Hoot (MGM)
    • 3: One Froggy Evening (WB)
    • 2: Feed the Kitty (WB)
    • 1: Duck Dodgers in the 24½th Century (WB)
    Later, they show a funny clip of Pinky and the Brain taking over CN due to the 'Year 2000 problem'. They were showing P&TB interferences the previous days, yet I had no idea what it was about. Finally, they started the 2000 with a Cartoon Cartoon Marathon, which featured the 'King Crab Space Crustacean' and the 'Mike, Lu & Og' pilots. In-between there was also a commercial that featured actual and made-up shows set to premiere on 2000.

I uploaded a clip of all those. I omitted repeated stuff, non-CN ads and the cartoons themselves. All the bumpers are there (in Spanish, but you may get the overall concept):

[video=youtube;LbTLx1-tfME]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbTLx1-tfME[/video]

2. Atoon

Atoon Broken English

3. CartoonFridays

CartoonFridays Promoted to detective.

I wish I could see more of the Mike, Lu & Og pilot. I don't care what language it's in.

4. Atoon

Atoon Broken English

Repeating something I said in another thread: