Video of Cartoon Network Latin America at 2000 new year day

Discussion in 'The Cartoon Network/Boomerang Cartoon Forum' started by Atoon, May 3, 2012.

1. Atoon

Atoon Broken English

During the late 90 to the early 2000 I used to record stuff from the TV on VHS. Sadly, most of the stuff where recorded in a 'Youtube Poop' way so there's hardly anything of value, but there were a few occasions I tried to record something in full. One of these was when I recorded the last hour of the day 12/31/99 to the first hour of the day 01/01/00 on CN Latin America. I believe it was because they were airing a marathon of a segment called "One century of smiles", which showcased a countdown of the supposed 100 best cartoons. They were showing the 100 to 2 the previous days, but the 1 was exclusive for the marathon. Here are the top 7:

• 7: Rabbit Seasoning (WB)
    • 6: What's Opera, Doc? (WB)
    • 5: King Size Canary (MGM)
    • 4: Red Hot Riding Hoot (MGM)
    • 3: One Froggy Evening (WB)
    • 2: Feed the Kitty (WB)
    • 1: Duck Dodgers in the 24½th Century (WB)
    Later, they show a funny clip of Pinky and the Brain taking over CN due to the 'Year 2000 problem'. They were showing P&TB interferences the previous days, yet I had no idea what it was about. Finally, they started the 2000 with a Cartoon Cartoon Marathon, which featured the 'King Crab Space Crustacean' and the 'Mike, Lu & Og' pilots. In-between there was also a commercial that featured actual and made-up shows set to premiere on 2000.

I uploaded a clip of all those. I omitted repeated stuff, non-CN ads and the cartoons themselves. All the bumpers are there (in Spanish, but you may get the overall concept):

[video=youtube;LbTLx1-tfME]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LbTLx1-tfME[/video]

2. Atoon

Atoon Broken English

3. CartoonFridays

CartoonFridays Promoted to detective.

I wish I could see more of the Mike, Lu & Og pilot. I don't care what language it's in.

4. Atoon

Atoon Broken English

Repeating something I said in another thread: