Video Games you would like to see have an animated series

Discussion in 'The toonzone - General Animation Discussion' started by The Watcher, Jul 11, 2014.

1. The Watcher

The Watcher New Member

Since Mighty No. 9 is having an animated series, which other video games would you guys like to see have an animated series?

It would be nice to see one for Megaman Legends because that series needs more love from Capcom.

2. King_of_doom

King_of_doom kiva fan

Rayman series with characters from the latest games would be fun to watch.

Resident Evil comes to mind, a bit more mature cartoon because of it's content. Of course i don't want to see CGI one but a 2D cartoon.

3. SaneMan

SaneMan Active Member

Well, first of, Rayman
    Especially one based on Origins/Legends, alto some elements of the original series would also be good The new games a
    re pretty much like cartoons in of themselves

Also, for similar reasons, Skullgirls
    This one exen more, as the characters do allow for a more multilayered narrative

Warhammer 40000
    Now while this franchise is mostly based around a tabletop game, they were allot of videogames and novels based in the 40K universe
    The universe is vast, and almost each of the numerous factions would be able to carry a series of their own (except the Tyranids and Nekrons, who are mindless killing machines - metaphorically or literally; and even tho the Legions of Chaos or the Dark Eldar could pull a story, I don't think any network would want a series about genocidal slavers and rapists)
    Also, to stay true to the franchise, it would have to air on Adult Swim or a similar place

Sid Meier's Civilization
    May seem like an odd choice, but there's way too much awesome in this game-series not to make use of.
    This is a franchise that has Zulu Impi clashing with Greek Hoplites under the command of Alexander the Great
    Gilgamesh ducking it out with Abraham Lincoln.
    Ghandi commanding troops of giant robots.
    Pharaoh Ramses II. joining forces with the Aztecs to take down Stalin.
    It could be like a mix of Hetalia, 300, Clone High, and Fate/
    Much epicness is to be had

4. Dr.Pepper

Dr.Pepper Active Member

I would have loved to see a Professor Layton series. They can have puzzles for the viewers to solve when they go to commercial breaks.

5. Gatordragon

Gatordragon Browns!

Like King of Doom and SaneMan said, I'd like to see Rayman get his own cartoon. I really enjoy Rayman Origins and Rayman Legends and their cartoony art styles are perfect for an animated series.

Other games I'd like to see get a series:

Awesomenauts: This 2D MOBA is a love letter to Saturday morning cartoons from the 80s. With its nice art style and colorful cast of characters, a cartoon of it would be easy to make.

Don't Starve: This survival game could make a good miniseries if you ask me. The developers already made quite a few animated trailers and the game itself looks animated, so I can totally see a cartoon of this game happening.

Bastion: This game has lovely art and a great story that could possibly be adapted into a series.

Infinity Blade: This is one of my favorite iOS game franchises. Its story is something you'd expect from a console/PC game. I think an Infinity Blade animated series would work in either 2D or CG. I also think Adult Swim or Toonami would be a good place for it because of the tone.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 12, 2014
  6. cartoonscartoons

cartoonscartoons I cant help it, if I'm lucky

Gta! A half comedic half 'dramatic on-going stories' type show, as an 11 minute show on [AS]

7. The Talon

The Talon New Member

Sunset Overdrive looks like it could make a nice animated series for Adult Swim, it has that 50/50 split of comedy and action that [as] loves like Superjail, King Star King, Black Dynamite, etc.

8. Radical

Radical The Face of Evil & Sadism!!!!!

Here's a few video games to be an animated series,

Plok - I'm a huge fan of it, it's pretty awesome/enjoyable/wacky with Plok, a great likable bizarre hero, likable weird characters/villains, and Plok's crazy adventures on Cotton Island/Akrillic busting the Fleas.Plok's crazy attacks like firing limbs and buzzsaw jumps were pretty cool.The boss music was pretty sweet with the dark/scary catchy tone to it.Both the Flea Queen, The Fleas, The Bobbins Brothers, The Shprouts, The Penkinos, Womack the Spider, and Rockyfella were my favorite cool bizarre villains that make great major antagonists for the enjoyable wacky series.

ToeJam and Earl - It's pretty great/interesting which ToeJam & Earl are cool interesting alien rapper heroes having a crazy adventure on Earth to find scattered pieces of their spacecraft's wreckage and fight nasty hostile human jerkoffs/villains.Nice that it parodies 1980s urban culture, sweet.

Crash Bandicoot - It's pretty awesome/enjoyable/funny with sweet CGI animation along with Crash Bandicoot a great fun bandicoot hero with likable characters/villains and Crash Bandicoot's fun adventures.Both Dr. Neo Cortex, his mutant animal minions, Nina Cortex, Uka Uka, Dr. N. Gin, N. Tropy, Nitros Oxide, and Evil Crash Bandicoot were my favorite epic villains which they will make great major antagonists for the CGI series.A great funny CGI series of it could work and it would be great for Cartoon Network.

Ratchet & Clank - It's pretty epic/enjoyable with cool CGI animation along with crazy space adventures while Ratchet & Clank were awesome likable space heroes saving the universe from evil forces.Both Dr. Nefarious, Captain Qwark(to enjoyable anti-hero), Chairman Drek, The Thugs-4-Less Leader, Gleeman Vox, Emperor Tachyon, and Captain Slag were my favorite awesome intergalactic villains while Dr. Nefarious was quite an enjoyable goofy villain like Tom the Cat, Dr. Wackerstein(The Mouse and the Monster), Mandark, Stewie Griffin, Dr. Heinz Doofenshmirtz, The Ice King, and Dorkus(Planet Sheen) for example, hahahahahaha:D.It could be a great enjoyable science fiction CGI series.

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 14, 2014
  9. dumbfoolkid5

dumbfoolkid5 New Member

Uh...Guilty Gear? Tekken, Soul Calibur and King of Fighters.

10. Silverstar

Silverstar Game On!

Don't forget to explain your choices. Why would these make good series? The mods here don't like lists with no discussion behind them.

11. CoolEric158

CoolEric158 God Bless America!

A miniseries on Rosalina's backstory in Super Mario Galaxy. I loved the storyline that was added in for no reason, and I've always wanted to see an animated reimagining.

12. classictoonami

classictoonami Member

for me titanfall could make a great anime with the serious tone and course language it would have to air on toonami or be exclusive to ifc or animax

13. dumbfoolkid5

dumbfoolkid5 New Member

Well they all have good and ongoing storylines I thought at least one of them could be a good series.

14. The Talon

The Talon New Member

If we're gonna go into anime, Metal Gear Rising definitely deserves an adaptation, it's practically a modern day version of Fist of the North Star. Plus, I just want to see an animated Senator Armstrong in all his insane, libertarian glory.

15. Mister Mayhem

Mister Mayhem Banned

Comrades,

i would like to see a okami and okamiden series. a mixture of 2d animation and watercolors would look really beautiful. have the story structure be a little similar to inuyasha with amaterasu issun and susano traveling across nippon slaying demons and learning brush techniques. the second season would be chibiterasu traveling with the kids.

phonenix wright would also be cool. have a mixture of original cases with ones from the videogame. each case would be 2-4 episodes with the first half dealing with the investigation and second half the courtroom battles.

uncharted dtvs would be fun. either 2d or 3d animation would work and the same writers and voice actors as the games. since the movies would be 1 1/2 to 2 hours in length they would be more like abridged versions showing the best moments of each game.

16. SaneMan

SaneMan Active Member

Speaking of Uncharted, Blood Dragon is awesome cartoon material

17. Gatordragon

Gatordragon Browns!

Mark of the Ninja would be great as a cartoon. It's animated art style and cutscenes already make it seem like you're playing an animated series, so transition to an actual animated series wouldn't be hard.

Here's the trailer for the special edition to see what I'm talking about.
    [video=youtube;bfb6LKh0Rjk]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bfb6LKh0Rjk[/video]

18. LDEJRuff

LDEJRuff Game-playing dog lover

I would like to see Crash Bandicoot and Spyro the Dragon have their own cartoon series, and have Steve Blum and Tom Kenny reprise those roles after some time ago.

19. King_of_doom

King_of_doom kiva fan

I'm surprise there hasn't been a new Mario Bros. cartoon. They do have alot of characters then what the past cartoons had and can come up with something with it

20. SaneMan

SaneMan Active Member

I think that Nintendo has officially given-up on adapting Super Mario Bros. and The Legend of Zelda