"Venom" Pre-Release Discussion (Spoilers)

Discussion in 'Marvel Live-Action Movies and Television' started by MDawg, May 19, 2017.

1. TheLemsterPju

TheLemsterPju Well-Known Member

• Like Like x 2
  2. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  4. Gold Guy

Gold Guy Ride On
    Staff Member Moderator

Good; frankly, using a normal suit, no matter how well made, wouldn't work for Venom.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

6. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

Well, c'mon they didn't do that in SM3 either. No, they have to do cgi. The real question is how good will it come off. Can they make the symbiote look as realistic as possible? The ooze, the eyes, and that tongue.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

7. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Hmm...I wonder if it pertains to Brock's movie background or the Symbiote's origins o_O?

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

• Like Like x 1
  9. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

It'll be interesting to see when we start getting shots of Hardy in the mo-cap outfit, because then we know for sure he's Venom by then...

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. ThunDun

ThunDun New Member

I'm a bit confused, is Venom a "bad" guy? He always seems to be portrayed as a villain every time I've seen him, but I don't know the character so well.

11. Neo Ultra Mike

Neo Ultra Mike Creeping Shadow of "15000"+ Posts

Well ThunDun allow me to explain you some Venom history so you'll understand the character better.

Now originally Venom was conceived as just a villain. After the reveal in the 80's that in the Secret Wars event that new costume Spider-Man obtained in that event was actually an alien symboite making him act more cruel and violent towards people then he wished to be, Peter Parker wound up getting rid of the symbotie. Which wound up bonding to Eddie Brock a man who blamed all his problems in life on Peter Parker and wanted to destroy him. When he bonded with the Symboite the two became Venom who yeah for awhile was just a straight up villain whose hatred and narrow minded focus on trying to destroy Peter Parker/Spider-Man made him by far one of the webhead's most dangerous villains. I'm pretty sure the intent was always for the character to just remain a villain but he quickly became so popular and loved by the comic book buying community they soon wanted to feature him in more and more stories and it would get boring and dry to just have that same "want to kill Peter Parker" story in every one of his appearances. Thus him becoming more of an Anti-hero who though still disliked Peter Parker/Spider-Man wound up having more depth and compassion towards others and wasn't just going out committing crimes and would actually sometimes stop others from doing so. His anti hero personality was especially kicked up a notch when another symboite character named Carnage was born who was a combination of alien parasite and a psychotic killer (named Cletus Kassidy) who just wanted to murder and maim everyone who yeah was severely against now Venom's more code of anti heroism. There have been several different interreptations of the character over the years (and several different people to carry the Venom moniker and power set) but eventually that's the most popular take on the character that emerged: the anti hero who is still somewhat consumed by hatred and violence but also will not unleash it on just everyone and still has some hatred of Spider-Man but not to the point of it being his one obsession. I think the thing is in most other media that have showed Venom they have only really gotten up to showing him as a villain which is probably why you're confused. Yeah the 1990's animated show actually did show him as a bit of an anti hero in his last major appearance joining up with Spider-Man to stop Carnage, but most other series with him like Spectacular Spider-Man or movies like Spider-Man 3 only get up to him being a villain.

Of course you really do have to start out with Venom being an anti hero not only if you want to have him kick start a cinematic universe but if you're going to make a movie about him without Spider-Man. Which as I've said before can be done and I hope is done right here but we're still in a wait and see how exactly approach on that.

12. AdrenalineRush1996

AdrenalineRush1996 Active Member

Venom borders between a villain and an antihero.

Sent from my LG-H850 using Tapatalk

13. the greenman

the greenman Well-Known Member

Yeah, but I personally don't care for anti-hero Venom. I like the obsession of Brock over Parker and the slowburn spurned relationship of the symbiote. Those issues were classic. The anti-hero Venom of the 90's annoyed me.

Sent from my LGMS428 using Tapatalk

14. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

15. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

So is he keeping the beard for Brock :rolleyes2:?

16. Yojimbo

Yojimbo Yes, have some.
    Staff Member Moderator

If Thor can have a bad hair cut, Venom can have a beard can't he?

• Like Like x 1
  17. Frontier

Frontier Moderator
    Staff Member Moderator

Be kind of funny if it shows up on Venom :p.

• Agree Agree x 1