1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice

Teen Titans Fan Fiction Valor vs. Venom (C)

Discussion in 'The Story Board' started by Faethie, Aug 25, 2005.

1. Matt A

Matt A Smile. Or Else.

Certainly lots to think about there. Considering that was two chapters' worth of material, I'm not surprised.;)

Well, what to say first? I'm having a hard time believing this story is finally coming to an end: but, then again, letting go of something you like is often hard. Seriously, this has been one consistently enjoyable story, and whilst it might not have always made sense - the chapter where Vortex's true nature is fully explaines has yet to materialise, for one thing;) - it's provided the kind of characterisation genius I greatly envy. Yes, that's envy.;)

I think the characterisation point needs stressing more fully. This story had one huge cast - bigger than anything I've ever attempted, that's for sure - and yet each character was clearly distinct. Sure, this belonged to Vix, Vortex and Viper, and they justifiably stole every scene they were in, but the supporting cast never managed to be buried by all this. Having SubZero, Troy and Rayn have such interesting moments so late on in the story was kinda proof of that. Again, being deadly serious, I congratulate you on having an abundance of the one writing talent I have none of.:anime:

Now, to see how this ends...;)

-Matt A-

2. Faethie

Faethie Rockstarrlette

High on life, baby, high on life. :D
    dont worry, it is...

thank you, and yes, i was planning that...

Yeah, I do that a lot. You might find it interesting to know that i do have a very close friend named Patrick and i do say "Oh Patrick!!" every time he does something really sweet or something to get me out of some big mess etc...And I am in Vor's position, mind you. :anime: So dont be jealous. ;) :p jkjk

aww thanks!! wow i cant believe u actually liked it...

Thats one of the things about this story: I can definatly write a sequel to this to explain the unexplained (especially w/Vortexs situation w/her halfbrother)......but I'm too twisted and lazy to do that....and dont envy me, I learned from one of the best, if not the best. ;) :anime:

:D :D :D :D :D :D

3. Matt A

Matt A Smile. Or Else.

That's a first. A good first, mind, but still a first.:p:anime:

Shame. I'd like to see that.;)

If that was true, I wouldn't have said what I did.;)

-Matt A-

4. Faethie

Faethie Rockstarrlette

Ew. The last chapter. And it's lame. But hey, Jesus still loves me.:p
    ~~~~~~
    Chapter 31

The Titans and Advocates were saying their goodbyes.

And for Vortex, the word had a deeper meaning than for any of the others. She knew the Advocates and Titans would meet up again, but Vor knew-she was not in either of the groups.

She was alone.

Troy and Beast Boy shook hands and grinned.

“See you around, dude. Awesome job.”

“Thanks dude. Keep an eye on Rayn for me.” Beast Boy winked.

“I can take care of myself, thank you.” Rayn interrupted after hugging Starfire and Raven. She gave Beast Boy a kiss on the cheek while Troy turned around to talk to Starfire. Cyborg and Rusty were talking about some off topic matter and Vix, Oak, and Robin saluted each other with grins.

Vortex opened her mouth.

“Time to go, Advocates.”

Vortex made eye contact with Robin, Starfire, Raven, and Cyborg, giving advice, hints at future battles, and goodbyes. But she walked over to Beast Boy with her eyes down and handed him a note. Then she raised her head and looked him straight in the eye. Beast Boy felt glued to her gaze as she spoke words to him as she had done to the other four.

“You must keep watch for things to come. Always keep your eyes open. Remember this. Read my note aloud to the whole team after we have left. Then all will be as it should.”

Vortex looked away and then at Beast Boy again. She made an effort to stop herself from moving towards him, and then shook out her right hand without emotion.

Beast Boy grabbed it and shook it firmly. He opened his mouth, and only one word came out.

“Bye.”

Vortex looked at him again.

“Yeah. Bye.”

Then she summoned a vortex, and in stepped the advocates.

Then they were gone.

“So, what’s the letter say?” asked Robin.

Beast Boy, as if in a daze, opened the letter and read aloud.

“Hey.

“The first thing I have to say to you is this: Go through Terra’s room. Inside there is an antidote for her condition. It is much more obvious than you would assume. Look not with your eyes, but with your heart. This is a word from a friend long gone- SubZero. Sadly enough it is possible for me to communicate with the dead at a certain point. Freaky, huh? Well, look for it. Terra’s revival is in the near future. Be careful. If you do not find the antidote someone will revive her first. This would not be good.

“And lastly-

"The name Vortex is no longer meaningful to you. All history of me is being erased. Cheers to déjà vu, may it last until-whenever.

“Good bye.”

“No…” Beast Boy whispered, and a flash of light came.

A light that not only surrounded the Titans but everyone on the earth.

“So…what were we saying?” Robin asked.

“Let’s go eat pizza.” Cyborg shrugged.

The Titans followed. Only Beast Boy stopped.

“Actually, I’m not hungry. I feel like I want to go to bed.”

“Fine.” Raven mumbled.

But BB didn’t go to bed. He walked into Terra’s room.

“Why am I in here?” he asked himself.

Wind flew through the room and Beast Boy looked at a picture of Terra.

“I will bring you back. I promise.”

And Vortex, hidden, invisible from the world, grinned.

She looked at the Advocates, who, she laughed to herself, now thought they were so great-because they “defeated Viper”-by themselves.

Yeah, they wish.

No. They know.

A tear fell down Vortex’s cheek and she smiled to herself.

“So.

“I’m alone.

“And this-is only the beginning.

“I’ll find you, half brother.

“And I already know your name.”
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~
    THE END!!!!!

5. Matt A

Matt A Smile. Or Else.

Could that have been any more ambiguous? I'm not complaining, mind: as every story I've ever written for this place (three, I think) can testify, I like it when writers have the guts to end on a note of uncertainty. For not tying up this very convoluted story in a neat little bow, I salute you.:anime:

In terms of everything else, I think I said my bit after the last two chapters. If you want to know how much I respect your talents, go read it again.;)

So, until the next time you grace us with a story - which, contrary to your sig, I think you will - I bid you adieu. May Jesus still love you, indeed.:anime:

-Matt A-

6. Alpha Man

Alpha Man Raven in a Bikini? Brilliant!

In the immortal words of Frank Barone, "Holy Crap."

Yes, that means I liked the ending, which actually seemed the least ending-like thing I've ever read. To some extent, it was a cliffhanger! You are evil! Still, I get the distinct impression we're in for a wild ride if you ever happen to sit at a computer and crack your knuckles above a keyboard. I know, it's cheesy. But I hear that's quite a topping for pizza... cheese.

Let's look at what you've done over the course of this story, shall we? You made us laugh (several times); you've stunned us with action, as only a brilliant but mentally unstable could fabricate; you made us cry (well, me at least; yes, I admit it); you've succeeded in making a wonderful plot full of Faithy themes and motifs throughout. And most importantly, you showed us another talent besides writing:

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y287/tinuvielvortex/not_exactly_high_spirited_by_vortex.jpg

And, my personal favorite moment of the entire story...

http://i7.photobucket.com/albums/y287/tinuvielvortex/vortruththr.jpg

Booyah!

Anyway, the pairings were always good, but I fear that it might (if we ever see these Advocates again) turn out to be similar to the Dawson's Creek pairings. Seriously.:p Well, as funny as that was, I'm going to miss having you around as a writer. You were one of the best, and I'll never forget the white shirt joke you made a while back. Ah, those were the days. Well, we're all on to bigger and better things, but finding something bigger and better than "Valor vs. Venom" would be quite an endeavor. Good thing I'm too chicken to try.

This is Alpha Man, signing off.

7. Faethie

Faethie Rockstarrlette

Just doing my thing.:)
    You know me well, you know that? Never mind, I will be around to reply to your stories. Maybe, just maybe, if you cross your fingers....a story will be up in the not so near future. or not. I have a lot of homework.:p ;)

I know I'm evil, you don't have to tell me. I enjoy leaving things....unfinished.:p :evil:

And you're filling me with warm fuzzies here. Awwwww, thanks AM.:D

Yeah, I worry about that too: thats why if I do ever write about the Advocates again, I think it would be fairly subdued.:shrug:

Again, warm fuzzies. And I think you deserved the white shirt joke. :p ;) See, if the mods weren't so great as they are (go mods woot woot11) I'd probably pull something off like that again. oh wait-not like that-that sounded wrong...ok, nvm :sweat:

--Faith

8. Aquagirl15

Aquagirl15 Heaven's not enough

It's always hard for me to reply to the end of a story, especially when the two people before have left such great comments. I'm upset that you won't be writing for some time, be we've all felt like a break every now and then. (I'm probably gonna take one too when I finish my story.)

This story was funny and exciting, and everything we asked it to be. It's bittersweet to see it end, but it was a great ending. If you continue with the story, I'll be reading it.

On a side note I wanted to comment on this:

Something you picked up from Matt?

9. Faethie

Faethie Rockstarrlette

Continue? Where did u get that idea? :sweat: :p

mahbuh :p

10. Matt A

Matt A Smile. Or Else.

At any rate, I'm glad to see one of my lessons has been appreciated.:p :evil:

-Matt A-