1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

Teen Titans Fan Fiction Valor vs. Venom (C)

Discussion in 'The Story Board' started by Faethie, Aug 25, 2005.

1. Faethie

Faethie Rockstarrlette

Yeah. Vor is Rae's girl....sadly enough....:p And of course you pay attention, Anime. Sure. :rolleyes: At least someone SORTA caught my drift.

That was the point.;) :evil:

You wish! *hugs and ruffles hair*

He's right, Karina.:anime: Nice to know a fanboy actually knows stuff like that...:anime:

Thank You!!!!:D
    Sounds right to me.:p :anime: :D :evil:
    U gotta cross ur fingers that it all turns out better than expected :ack: ...dont expect much....:crying: :sweat: ...God help me...
    Thankies! Nice to know ur not getting tired of Vor's annoying seeming perfection. And thanks. Its nice to know I'm not losing my touch.:D

2. Alpha Man

Alpha Man Raven in a Bikini? Brilliant!

Considering that we're on the subject, I was going to ask the same thing.;) VG, you have to tell us. You do. Don't deny it. Either tell us now or in the NEXT chapter. Not the chapter after that or after that one. The NEXT chapter, Faith. And you know it. Hey, you know what? I'm kidding.:p Though it would make things a lot simplier now if you told us up front.

Oh, and Faith? Please don't get mad because some of us haven't understood your multicolored writing. Will you react the same way in the real world? I fear for those "fans" if you do. I better start saying some nightly prayers or something. Hey! I didn't see what you were hinting at, so y'know what that means? I'm not a good reader! Please don't kill me! I mean, it has to be that, right? There absolutely nothing wrong with your writing to make one misinterpret what you were really saying. Schwoops!:p (I just made that word up.:anime: )

One final comment for she who is of the vortex: Is it me, or does Vortex look like Reggie from RocketPower?
    (If you're confused, look at Faith's little comic thingy at the end: look at Vortex's face when she says "Metrion...");)

3. RavenofAzerath~

RavenofAzerath~ military brat :b

very well, i wont blow my top over this. i was merely being difficult and it is very well that i may have realized it in chapter 3 and not chapter four...but i seem to remember that i was told in chapter four...or at least around that window of time...

there, happy? cuz i'm not...then again, i'm never happy, just hyper.

~Sano

4. Faethie

Faethie Rockstarrlette

Maybe I'll sorta say in the next chapter. MAYBE.

Aww chill out. Don't be a baby. Course I wont kill u. Unless I'm in one of my so called moods...then u better run...
    And u know, Sarcasm does NOT please me. It drives me insane. In fact, in real life, you'd have a HUGE mark on your face from my hand. I do not have any patience whatsoever. I'm quick to anger, but quick to forgive. Specially if the guy I'm mad at is cute...
    Anyhow, don't start pissin me off, dude. It don't work with me.
    No. Vor looks NOTHIN like that.

#304 Faethie, Dec 26, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Dec 26, 2005
  5. Alpha Man

Hmm, so you deny it. Hmm. Well, I'll have to go surfing for another picture then.;) I just noticed major similarities with the nose, and the mouth/lips, and the eyes, and... well pretty much everything except the hair. And even that... no, I think I'm pushing it now. *stares at picture* that's totally Reggie. Yep.;)

And to comment on what you said earlier, there are going to be people who are not going to get the hints that you throw at them. Sorry, but it's part of life. Not everyone got what I said in my fic, and the same is true for this one. It doesn't mean that you're writing poorly (in some cases, it might), it means that you haven't explained it simply enough or you think that we can get a HUGE revelation so early from a little hint. You see it going that way in your mind and say to yourself, "Ooh! That's good! They'll read that and get it!" But when we're reading new chapters, we don't know what's going to happen and we don't know what to expect like you do.:sweat:

Just try and make it a tad bit simplier. The "sure, mom" thing was a bit of stretch, you have to admit that much.:shrug:

#305 Alpha Man, Dec 26, 2005
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 8, 2006
  6. Faethie

Faethie Rockstarrlette

7. Faethie

Faethie Rockstarrlette

well, i dunno if anyone's reading this anymore, but here's chapter 23
    Chapter 23
    Vortex sighed as she reached the top of the steps.
    "Here goes nothing.” thought Vortex “If Robin gets me killed he’s totaled.”
    She walked out the door and onto the roof. She knew Beast Boy was around somewhere, but she took a moment to gaze out into the horizon.
    "If you think you're the king of stealth or something, Beast Boy, I know you're right behind me."
    "You suck." Beast Boy complained as he morphed back to his green self.
    Vortex stifled a laugh.
    "What took you so long?" Beast Boy asked.
    "None of your business." was the short reply.
    Before Beast Boy could ask something else, Vor summoned a vortex.
    "Go." she ordered.
    "Are you sure that thing is...WHOA!!!" started Beast Boy, but Vortex pushed him in and closed the vortex.
    As Beast Boy looked around he found himself seemingly alone.
    "Vvvvvortex?" he mumbled.
    He heard no reply.
    "Might as well look around..."
    The vortex itself was seemingly hypnotizing, with swirling beams of light surrounding our friend Beast Boy.
    Then there was darkness.
    Beast Boy felt a sudden urge to scream like a little girl; the darkness was more dark than he thought he’d ever seen.
    Ever been in a closet hiding from someone? It’s dark but there’s always a crack of light from between the hinges and under the door?
    But there was no light to be seen.
    None.
    It hurt Beast Boy’s eyes to stare into the dark; it was pitch black, and he wanted to close his eyes.
    But then a dim, faint light appeared.
    The darkness started swirling, and streaks of light shone once again. They moved towards a center point, and created the silhouette of a girl.
    Vortex.
    Beast Boy sighed a sigh of relief as Vortex walked towards him.
    “Still scared?” she smirked.
    “Why would I be?” Beast Boy replied.
    Vortex scoffed.
    “Sorry about that. I needed to power up.”
    “Wuh?”
    “Nevermind.” Vortex paused.
    “We’re here.”
    The vortex swirled around them, shades of purple surrounded them.
    And then it was gone.
    And Beast Boy and Vortex were in Viper’s lair.
    Vortex made a sudden movement that Beast Boy shockingly realized was a shiver.
    “I just had a very bad feeling.” Vortex whispered.
    Another shiver and a small, stifled gasp, and then a sudden movement.
    Vortex pulled something out of her belt. She turned to Beast Boy and handed it to him.
    “She knows we’re here. Take this and give it to Oak. Once he has completed his task get over here ASAP.” Vortex whispered hurriedly.
    “But Vortex…” started Beast Boy.
    “And tell my mom…that I’m counting on her help.”
    Beast Boy opened his mouth to ask a question but Vortex spoke first.
    “I’m sorry, Garr. Now go. Help fulfill what is to come. Kella, mellonamin. Pela ‘en bella templa!”
    As a vortex sucked Beast Boy away from the horrid place he heard a whisper.
    “Hurry, friend.”
    Vortex looked around.
    “I know you’re here. Don’t be a coward, witch. Or are you afraid of me?” challenged Vortex.
    “Ahh, Vortex, you’ve come at last. Or should I say…Valwen?” a voice said.
    Vortex stumbled back and then resumed her composure.
    “Where are you…” she growled impatiently.
    “I bet you’re wondering how I know your names…Fae.”
    Vortex felt her hands become entangled in energy.
    “I’ve been waiting for this encounter a long long time.”

#307 Faethie, Jan 8, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 9, 2006
  8. Alpha Man

Aye! Why this so hard to read?! It hurt me brain! Yow! Aye! Nocasnoayeeee! I don't even know what I just said! But why, VG? Why?! I can not be doing the understanding if you make it so hard to comprehend in the short time that is my life! First with the spacing! Why you no put space between line?! Yow! Aye! Double Aye! And y'know I like the purple but with the hurting of my brain, I cannot do the appreciatory thing of being appreciative!:sweat:

Then with the "Vortex made a vortex" and the vor and the vortex and the tex of the vor and the vor of the tex and the Beast Boy making the stupid comments! Why? I did like the "You SUCK!" thingy, though. That gave me reason to chuckle! But why the mumbling?! How do you mumble "Vvvv" this hurt my brain! You... brain hurter!

Whoa at the end! Fae? Rae? Connection?! Why?! V! G! Equals! Brain hurt!
    Please. Space. Out. The. Lines. Before. Someone's. Head. Explodes. Purple. Is. Nice.

:gir:

9. Death58

Death58 WFWC Vet.

I liked this update, especially since there was some foreshadowing that I can guess at; is Beast Boy going to be the one that dies? This is a guess in the dark, but it really felt that way from some of the stuff that was portrayed in this chapter. Then we get to see Vortex shocked by the fact that Viper knew her other name, Fae. It was a nice way to cliffhanger this chapter, and gives me some stuff to think about. Bring about the next chapter.

10. Aquagirl15

Aquagirl15 Heaven's not enough

I agree with AM about the spacing. It was slightly weird, but I'm not gonna freak out. ( :p ) Anyway the chapter was good. I'm glad it seems that were goning to see a lot in the ways of plot soon. But I hope that doesn't mean the story is almost over. Of course, all good things come to an end, but I might just be making a mistake thinking the story is almost over. :shrug:

11. Matt A

Matt A Smile. Or Else.

Okay, I'm just going to be honest here: I have absolutely no idea what's going on. Not an original comment, I know, but I can't make head nor tail of what just happenned (and I'm not talking about the formatting problems...). It's interesting (and quite funny) to see that Viper has made a mortal enemy out of Vortex as well as Vix (okay, just how many "v"s do you intend to put in this story?:p), but I'm still confused as to how all the different elements of this epic plot of yours actually come together. One of these days, you're gonna have to sit down and explain it all.;)

-Matt A-

12. Faethie

Faethie Rockstarrlette

Ok,
    AM: sorry, geez, I tried to edit it 3 times! :crying: Anyhow that chapter was a filler for the next 2 which are much more interesting.
    Death58: Thanks. Beast Boy going to die? No. It's one of the advocates, anyhow. You should read closer..or not...:evil:
    AG!!:Thanks for not freaking out. Last thing i need.:shrug:
    Matt: No idea at all?? Hmm.....good. :p :evil: :anime: :p

13. Alpha Man

"Interesting." Well, that should be interesting.:p Might I suggest that you re-copy and paste the chapter (from wherever you originally had it)? You could try Word, that seems to work for some of us.

Oh, and I know this might tick of the author because it sounds like I didn't read, but I have to ask this question... and you better answer (or, if you have answered it in a previous chapter, point it out. I would be most grateful.) Who is Vortex's father?

Sorry but that question has been bugging me all day. It better not be a cop-out like an immaculate conception or something. That would prove insulting in ways that you cannot comprehend in this reality.;) And by the way, update your sig. It's not 21 anymore.:D

14. Faethie

Faethie Rockstarrlette

Sorry AM, it won't change. *smashes computer* heh.
    Vortex's father? Her real father or her other father (Raven's husband) Either way I won't tell you.
    Thing is, she doesn't even know who her real father is. She knows who it isn't, but not who it actually is.

----

Chapter 24

Beast Boy felt himself get flung through the portal and felt himself hit a floor.

He looked up to find Oak offering him a hand. He took it.

"What happened? I just sent Vortex to you. Rather, she was here just a few seconds ago." Oak asked.

If Beast Boy had actually listened to and thought over this comment, he would’ve realized that if he had ran up the stairs he would have found himself waiting impatiently for Vortex on the roof. But luckily he didn’t think about it.

"Oak. Vortex told me to give you this." Beast Boy spat out hurriedly as he shoved the disc in Oak’s face.

"Now…gotta go find Robin…help…" Beast Boy broke off and breathed heavily.

"You ok? Oh. Figures. You were in one of those damn time vortexes. They sorta muddle up your head." Oak looked at the tired, panting Beast Boy.

"What else did Vortex say?" Oak demanded.

"Something about….mommy…" Beast Boy fell to the ground.

"Great. He’s out of commission for a while." Oak sighed, shaking his head.

"Kinda irresponsible of Vortex to just fling him in there without thinking about the effects time change would have on him…hmm...wait…did he say
    ‘Mommy’?" Oak looked at the fallen Beast Boy and than looked at the disc. He shrugged and stuck the disc in the cd drive of the computer near Vix’s bed.

As the program opened Oak heard a familiar voice.

"Oak. If you have not received this disc from me than I am in great danger, and yeah, that’s hard to believe. Anyhow, after viewing this tell Raven that I need her ASAP. Thanks."

That voice was Vortex’s.

"Back to the idea, I know how to save Vix. But you have got to complete your task before it’s too late.

"You may recall how you received your powers. Or you may not. If my memory serves correct you don’t know the whole story. That’s why I have taped and recorded the whole thing. Don’t ask me how I got this."

Oak watched intently as the flashback played.

There was Oak, or rather, Liam, tied up in the back of a van.

And there were a bunch of black masked men.

Men, huh?

As the camera zoomed in Oak saw the back of one of their head’s.

It was bald, blotchy, and yellow.

The hit"men" that had kidnapped and tortured Liam were no men.
    They were Cobrae.

Oak found this very interesting yet confusing. Why had the Cobrae kidnapped him in the first place?

As if almost in reply, vortex’s recorded voice sounded again.

"Yeah, Oak. That’s you, and those are the Cobrae. They tried to kill you, why? Is it so hard to figure out? Wow you are so thick!"

Without giving an answer Vortex’s voice faded away.

And Oak heard focused his attention back on the screen.

There was Liam, standing at the edge of a precipice.

And there were the Cobrae, with their pointed, civil war looking guns pointed at his face.

As the head leader, a big broad man with fists the size of an average man’s skull, pulled the trigger, a javelin pierced through his stomach.

And then there was Vix, in all her stunning fury.

As Vix threw fists and kicks at the others, as well as sending more than one off the cliff, the gang leader, though fallen to the ground, pulled the trigger.

BOOM!

And then he was gone.

And Liam fell off the cliff.

And Vix-

Jumped off the cliff after him.

Oak was highly interested at this point-because he didn’t know everything.
    And especially now that he had figured that the gang leader was, in fact,
    Venom, and he was the target, not Vix as he had originally thought.

Vix arrived back in view with Liam.

As she hurriedly felt for a pulse she found-

That there was none.

Liam was dead.

Oak gasped. But if he was actually dead, then how did Vix-

Tears poured down Vix’s cheeks.

"No! N-no this cant happen!" Vix sobbed.

Vix stared at the body lying near her.

"WHO DID THIS" she started angrily as she tore off the face’s mask.

And there, sure enough, was the mutilated face of a Cobrae.

With a shriek of terror Vix threw the mask out of her hands.

"Oh my God."

And again, the tears started.

"Why does she kill the ones I love?!

"My family.

"My Best Friend.

"The boy I love…"

Oak gasped.

"No way…" he started.

And Vix kissed him.

With a sigh Vix pushed the dead Cobrae off the cliff.

And as she did something else started to happen.

Around her a shining light started to appear.

And a wave of that energy, of that power, left her.

The stream surrounded Liam.

And with a gasp as she turned to look at him...

He moved.

He was no longer dead.

But alive.

Vix’s love had saved him.

And to save him she lost some of her power.

But not all.

She was still Vix.

And Liam… was now Oak.

Liam rubbed his eyes as he sat up.

"What happened?"

Vix, sighing and grinning broadly, wiping the tears off her face hugged him.

"You’re alive. That’s all that matters."

A vine sprung from the tip of Liam’s little finger.

"No seriously!"

"Well let’s put it this way. In order to save you I had to give you some of my powers. And I dunno how it happened, but it did."

Liam smiled.

"Maybe the power of friendship?"

Vix paused.

"You could say that."

"Oh my God." Was Oak’s initial thought. "She saved me and pretended not to like me anymore…and then when Viper turned up again her hidden feelings were stirred…"

"Holy ****." Oak said aloud.

As the program closed Oak turned to the girl next to him.

#314 Faethie, Jan 13, 2006
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 13, 2006
  15. Matt A

Matt A Smile. Or Else.

Okay...this story has thrown more than as few curveballs so far, but that one was perhaps the most surprising of the lot. I knew there was a "thing" between Vix and Oak - you did make that obvious, unlike a few other things:p - but I didn't think it went back that far. Seriously, just how much more demented can Viper get?:eek:

So, you've now answered a question I never knew I was asking. But there's still a few other things going on here that I don't quite get...namely, just what in the merry hell is Vortex trying to get everyone else to do? Meh, I'm sure it'll all make sense before long.;)

Oh, and one more thing: less of the one-line paragraphs, please. That can get a bit grating after a while.:shrug:

-Matt A-

16. Death58

Death58 WFWC Vet.

Yes, it was interesting to see just how close Oak and Vix were. It was nice to see how Oak got his powers, and the fact that it was actually because of Vortex is really a cool touch. The part where BB comes back through the vortex to the tower had a line that I thought was just neat to think about,
    That made me chuckle. . .I wonder what he would do if he found himself on the roof? Anyways, great chapter. As usual, there is a lot of stuff going on behind the scenes which is why I like this fic. Plus, this leaves me with a massive question; what is Oak going to do now that he knows how much Vix really likes him?

17. Alpha Man

Hmm. Well that pretty much answers it.;) :evil: *laughs diabolically* I think there's one guy that fits that description.:p Relax, VeeGee, I'm kidding. Again.
    Hmm... again. Another interesting moment. Yes, very interesting indeed. This was probably your best emotional writing to date, but does raise a question (or a couple of them, at least.) I am wondering if Vortex is a good person or a bad person... maybe she had a conversion?

Second, it's pretty doggone obvious that Vix has feelings for Liam, er, Oak. However, last time I checked, she doesn't currently in the present. Something must have happened that upset their relationship (or changed the way Vix felt for Oak). What happened between the two of them?

I did like that this was more spaced out, as opposed to last time. Anyway, there are questions to answer in your work, VG, and you know where to start. I have this feeling that you'll never answer any of the questions that I bring forth. Which begs yet another question: Why the heck should I keep reading this?:confused:

The message has been sent.:p

18. Starfire5

Starfire5 Member

Did she die? :eek:

19. Faethie

Faethie Rockstarrlette

Did Vix die? Maybe. Maybe not. Hpefully this week I'll FINALLY have a chapter up. I have winter break. =D

20. Matt A

Matt A Smile. Or Else.

About time! I must say, it's good to see some of the old stories making a return.:anime:

-Matt A-