1. bobbybop

bobbybop New Member

Does anyone know when the hub's upfront 2014 will be?

2. Sparkster24

Sparkster24 Active Member

It's too early to even confirm about The Hub's presence with the Upfront as of now. I wouldn't say it's best to know, but i'm just saying that I don't think it's best to take the guess on their Upfront in case.

3. dth1971

dth1971 Active Member

I hope the upfront for 2014 on the Hub mentions it got the rights to rerun the 1995-1998 Pinky and the Brain cartoon series.

4. Sparkster24

Though again, knowing the Upfronts.. it's likely not gonna happen (as the previous one didn't mention those type of shows, but on the recent shows last years). And also, I feel that The Hub needs to less out on the WB Silver Age Comedy moreover, and focus on different ones like either Garfield & Friends, Beetlejuice, ALF: The Animated Series, etc. that they could get knowing it's close for them,

5. Sparkster24

Well, aside that.. i'm just gonna give it my all with my predictions on the Upfront (considering this being the fact of the channel trying to gain something for their Upfront).

- Original Programming -

* Both KISS Hello Kitty & the new Transformers cartoon to be announced with details upon their release & info about the series, Hello Kitty in the Fall 2014.. while Transformers to be set in Winter 2014.

* Some new live-action shows in development after Nikki Reed's start on The Hub Network, hopefully will contain some mixture upon genres to expirement appeal.

* MLP: FiM, Littlest Pet Shop, The Aquabats! Super Show!, R.L. Stine's The Haunting Hour, Spooksville, Family Game Night, Transformers Rescue Bots, Sabrina, Care Bears, & Kaijudo to confirm new seasons.

* 1 new original movie in production, likely based upon their product.. (animated or live-action?)

- Acquired Programming -

* At least "2" new acquisitions.. one being a Hub Network Premiere (an old acquired show that's new to The Hub), and the other being a U.S. Premiere that hasn't aired yet.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 15, 2014
  6. Silverstar

Silverstar Game On!

As long as our favorite shows get renewed and we get some cool new shows and acquisitions (and not just more Silver Age WB reruns) I'll be happy. These days I'm liking The Hub more than Cartoon Network, Nick or Disney; outside of their nighttime schedule, they haven't disappointed me, so I'm willing to give them the benefit of the doubt.

7. ILDC

ILDC Active Member

It's been a long time since Discovery has had any noticeable influence on the channel. Would they sell their stake if they could?

8. Sparkster24

Honestly, i'm not sure.. I think the only influence is kinda their style (as it has that generic feeling like "Discovery" with the new rebrand a little.

Also, I meant to say "Upfront 2014".. not "Rebrand". My apologies on that. ^_^

9. Toonatic

Toonatic Active Member

My predictions and hopes:

-Pound Puppies renewed for 4th season

-More acquisitions including Beetlejuice, The Tick, Adventures of Sonic The Hedgehog, and Freakazoid

-Plans for My Little Pony on the Hub for it's 30th anniversary

10. bobbybop

bobbybop New Member

Candy Land has been resdesigned with a sticker saying watch the hub so i'm expecting a Candy land TV series along with Hello Kitty, transformers and maybe Gi Joe

11. Goldstar Neo

Goldstar Neo Nerd Life

I think Disney currently owns The Tick, even though they're not currently doing anything with it. I really don't see The Hub acquiring Adventures of Sonic the Hedgehog or Freakazoid. The latter has always been more popular with adults than with kids. Plus, there were only 26 episodes of F!, so it would have to air weekly, as a daily run would burn through episodes very quickly. As for AoStH, that series hasn't aged well.

As for Beetlejuice, that hasn't relevant for years, so I don't know why Hasbro would want to acquire it now, unless the movie sequel that's been talked about for decades actually gets made at some point.

I don't see The Hub doing anything special for My Little Pony's 30th anniversary, since the network can't air any episodes from MLP's previous incarnations and kids don't really care about MLP pre-Friendship is Magic.

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 18, 2014
  12. Mandouga

Mandouga Active Member

I do...

In any case, you never what might happen. Maybe they'll surprise everyone...

Sent from my iPod touch using toonzone

13. BonnieB21:-)

BonnieB21:-) Active Member

You'd Better Recognize

Don't say that nobody cares for original classic My Little Pony! Cause you don't know what you're talking about. I've lurked on TONS of sites where people are watching ALL the previous incarnations of MLP- including TV Tropes and The All Spark. If you said, not as many people are as interested in the specials between '80s MLP and MLP:FIM that would be more accurate because those cartoons are more babyfied. But everything FIM and Lauren Faust are being praised for George Arthur Bloom and '80s MLP did first:). They should've been airing MLP for years now.

As for The Tick, Sunbow should have the rights to it because it was only Sunbow that produced it not Marvel. The Tick (both live action and cartoon) would go well with The Aquabats. But I'd really like to see new Dungeons & Dragons, GI Joe, and Candyland cartoons. But it won't be happening in 2014:(.

14. Silverstar

Silverstar Game On!

How interested people are in pre-FiM MLP is moot if Hasbro can't secure the broadcasting to those shows and specials.

15. Goldstar Neo

Goldstar Neo Nerd Life

Yeah, that part was a mistake that was neither fair nor accurate. Sorry about that. I meant to say that kids don't care about the pre-Friendship is Magic MLP. Obviously, adults who grew up watching the specials and who talk about them on nostalgic websites do indeed care about MLP G1 and such, but today's kids, the ones who Hasbro wants watching The Hub and buying the MLP toys and other related merchandise, are too young to remember the 1980s TV shows or specials and therefore have no nostalgic fondness for them. therefore the only My Little Pony that they care about is Friendship is Magic and (maybe) Equestria Girls.

In order for any of the previous incarnations of MLP to get run on The Hub, today's kids would have to express a demand to see them. The Hub's daily schedule isn't aimed at nostalgic adults.

16. Silverstar

Silverstar Game On!

It's really more or less, I'd say. True, Hub doesn't play up the nostalgia angle when advertising the likes of Superman: The Animated Series, Animaniacs, Tiny Toons and the shows which air during kiddie time the way they do with shows like ALF or movies like City Slickers, but at the same time they don't go out of their way to discourage older viewers from watching them either. That they even acquired those shows in the first place is proof that Hub is more open to running older shows than say CN or Nick are (of course, the fact that Hub is less than 4 years old and doesn't have a comfortable backlog of its' own shows to fall back on is another important factor). Remember that for a while they aired the 80's G.I. Joe and Transformers series during the wee hours, so I could see them airing some of the earlier MLPs if they were able to secure the broadcast rights. Not that that's gonna happen this year or anything.

17. ILDC

ILDC Active Member

Doesn't Hasbro now own most of the Sunbow catalog, including MLP?

18. Mandouga

Mandouga Active Member

They do, but apparently, the problem (according to Lauren Faust anyway) is that Hasbro had lost the rights to all but two of the 1980s My Little Pony names (the only exceptions being "Spike", and Applejack). I think that might have something to do with it, but it might be more complicated than that...

Sent from my iPod touch using toonzone

19. ILDC

ILDC Active Member

But long after she said that, I saw Hasbro selling/promoting G1 ponies.

20. bobbybop

bobbybop New Member