1. We are looking for a volunteer to help out with entering the DC and Marvel comics solicitations. If you are interested, please contact Harley.
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Just in time for Halloween, enter for a chance to win a $50 Gift Card from FUN.com! Details here.
    Dismiss Notice

[Upfront Week] The CW announces Fall 2007-2008 schedule

Discussion in 'The Entertainment Board' started by RoseBusch, May 17, 2007.

1. Shawn Hopkins

Shawn Hopkins TZ Member of the Year 2013

You should get the DVD. It probably watches better on DVD anyway.

Veronica may not be as competent as Buffy Summers, but she's not as annoying and oblivious as Chloe can be. Another big difference is her highschool paper has a faculty advisor and other students working on it, while Chloe seemed to do it pretty much on her own unless they needed to tie a Kryptonite freak to her, get Clark or Lois close to her, or explain some plot element.

Man, I've started a Smallville bash-a-thon. Which is weird, because its one of my favorite shows. I don't care if it is repetitive, soapy and doesn't always makes sense.

2. Ruffian

Ruffian f.k.a. Twilight

I was the same. I only started watching Veronica last summer on Netflix, but my previous knowledge was nada. If anything, I thought it was UPN's version of The OC. Then I attended a VM panel at Comic-Con while waiting for the He-Man one after, heard everyone saying how smart it was and comparing it to Buffy especially in witty dialogue. So with that in the back on my mind I Netflixed the first two discs many months later, loved it, immediately bought the DVD set.

I've gotten two friends watching since. One jumped right into Season Three and another started by borrowing my sets. They both said it was really good, but not a show they would have thought to watch.

Interesting, never thought it that way. I'm a fan of both shows too, but I like the Veronica character more than Buffy and thought she was the more capable. Buffy's no dummy, but I definitely give Veronica the edge in brains and undercover work. :)

Anyways, VM was the only show on The CW that I watched, so I doubt I'll be tuning in to the channel this Fall. Before when it was WB, the last show I was watching on that channel was Angel.

3. Shawn Hopkins

You're right. I guess what I mean is that Buffy is always saving the day, leading others and taking care of herself. Although Veronica can handle things, she's still more likely than Buffy to get herself into trouble and other people have to save her or bail her out.

"I suck at undercover."
    Buffy Summers

4. The Clown Prince

The Clown Prince My God carries a big Hammer
    Staff Member Moderator

5. True Noir

True Noir Active Member

The CW is really starting to disappoint me. Well actually, it started disappointing me when they took Angel off air without a proper ending. Now Gilmore Girls is gone for good, and Smallville is on its last season.

America's Next Top Model is the only show I watch now. What is this Gossip Girl show? Is that based off of the books?

6. Temple Fugate

Temple Fugate Active Member

Thanks for the recommendations and comments, guys. I will definitely be taking a closer look at this show now.

7. GuardianKid13

Yes.

The only shows I will be watching next year will be The Game, Smallville, Supernatural, Reaper, Gossip Girl & One Tree Hill (when it returns)..

8. MasterDartz

MasterDartz Animorph

For all of you talking about boycotting the CW; don't!

Supernatural and Smallville are worth watching. Also, give the new shows a chance this fall. Some of these shows may become your new favorite.

What I'm trying to say is to give this new network a chance. After all, it can't be worse than FOX. :p

9. True Noir

True Noir Active Member

Are you talking about Season 4 or 5? Because they are airing season 4 new episodes right now.

I checked out Gossip Girls and that actually looked pretty entertaining and knowing how successful the books have been/are, the show will probably do pretty good as well.

10. Storm Eagle

Storm Eagle Power to the peaceful

Here's something I just realized. How could CW show reruns of CSI: NY at the same time CBS would be showing new episodes?

11. GuardianKid13

I'm talking about Season 5.

12. jlaking

jlaking Brainiac is someplace

They won't be since it was not mention on their offical press release.

13. Storm Eagle

Storm Eagle Power to the peaceful

I wonder why RoseBush mentioned it on the schedule then. The CW station shows the news at 10pm EST anyway.

14. Anarky

Anarky Team Conan

with the exception of the Sat am line-up, I have no use for the WB/CW.
    here's hoping Legion improves immensely next season, as well The Batman...and I'm crossing my fingers that next yr's Spidey won't disappoint.

15. The Penguin

The Penguin All Hail the King!
    Staff Member Moderator

Meh, we don't have the descriptions of the new stuff in this thread and I don't even care. I enjoy Smallville and SmackDown! and it seems that how it will stay for me. (Well other than super hero cartoons on Saturday morning.)

Regarding the Smallville kids first season driving...
    Small Town, USA seems a very likely place for kids to drive without an official driver's license and the age which a kid can get one does vary. I can't speak for Kansas, but in South Dakota, you can get a learner's permit (drive with parent) at 14 and a restricted license (drive by yourself, but off the road by 8 p.m.) at 15. High school freshmen are typically 14-15 so it is completely plausable for them to be driving by themselves.

16. Shawn Hopkins

Hot damn. The Kansas DMV site does say 15-year-old kids can get restricted licenses to drive for farm stuff, to their jobs or to school. One of Smallville's mysteries explained.

17. ReijiAzuma

ReijiAzuma Gah, cuteness! My weakness!

Only Supernatural left for me

18. Damien

Damien Watching

How many times has 7th Heaven "ended" now?

19. The Penguin

The Penguin All Hail the King!
    Staff Member Moderator

Just twice and the second time it actually ended.

20. Draft

Draft Active Member

I saw Reaper Pliot, really good, but i doubt it'll catch on with mainstream, or do a veronica mars